- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 04-18-2020 01:17 PM
- Join Date
View payzahh's Blog
on 07-05-2013 at 09:03 PM
Started buy undercoating Necron tomb citadel tile with black and white citadel spay paint, in order to get a bright green colour to take well. Used masking tape to cover the areas that I will later spray with a sepia wash.
I then used a fishing net (landing net) that had the desired weave to act as a mask, therefore leaving a repeating hexagon patern of green on black.
on 02-25-2013 at 04:20 PM
Post 5: Painting and assembling the flyer
I undecorated the wings black and the chassis/cockpit cover whatever you would call it white.
I then used a sepia wash in an air gun to create nice blend of colour on the white section. The wash used was thinned down and applied sparingly so that the overall effect was a bone colour. I then used a less thinned wash to create a colour gradient, getting darker to the outer sections.
on 01-05-2013 at 09:06 AM
Post 4: Finishing the base
For this post, the photo's don't realy need explaining.
I tried using weathering powders on the barrel and tank trap, as I had not used them before.
I am quite happy with the end result.
The blending of colour in the greens of the beam haven't come out at all in the photo, so perhaps they are too understated.
on 01-04-2013 at 04:12 PM
Post 3: Explosion and Undercoating.
Sand and stone were added with the help of some PVA, and I then modelled the explosion using green-stuff modelling clay.
Not a very technical piece of sculpting work, and not something I am good at, but fit for purpose.
Next I under-coated the base, and started thinking about the colour scheme.
on 01-03-2013 at 06:24 PM
Post 2: Creating the base.
A router with a round-over edge forming bit, was used on the top side of the base.
I then used a Dremmel multi to carve out a groove, from where the rod exits the wood to the edge of the base.
This will help model the destruction caused by the passing of the "death ray"
A few inches of the rod on the end that will attach to the model, was re-shaped using a grinder.
The idea was to create an
You have voted on 68 out of 258415 minis!