Wyrd Painting Contest: The Rotten Harvest!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrd Painting Contest: The Rotten Harvest!

Default Wyrd Painting Contest: The Rotten Harvest!

The next Wyrd Painting Contest, \'The Rotten Harvest\', is in the works and will commence officially on September 15th and will run through October 31st.

At the moment I am setting up the structure for the contest and seeking out sponsors (many thanks to those of you who have responded so quickly!) and will announce the official start of the contest within two weeks as well as our list of sponsors.

As everyone seems to be extremely curious, we will have five categories in which entrants can place their miniatures as well as the final two categories \'Best Base or Diorama\' and \'Best of Show\' which will be determined when the voting is completed. The categories are:

Witches and Warlocks: Spellcasters of all sorts, from high fantasy, modern day dabbler to the far sci-fi future. If they carry a wand, cast a spell or even have a hint of mysticism to them, this is the category for them.

Not Quite Dead Yet: Still stumbling around after all the major organ functions have shut down? Have a beef with the living? This category is for the Undead, or as they like to be called \'Living Impaired\'.

Things that go Bump in the Night: Creatures, critters, monsters and other things that have a tendency towards anti-social behavior and prowl the night looking for victims. Caution, here be Monsters!

The Trick or the Treat: This is our catch-all category as there are some miniatures that are just right for the theme but just don\'t seem to fall into any other category. Zombie Hunters, pumpkin characters and I\'m sure several miniatures I never would have even contemplated.

The Harrowing Harvest: A diorama with two or more miniatures locked in combat, or something as equally disturbing. Much like our last contests \'Deadly Duel\'.

A new website has been setup in order to facilitate the contest with more ease and is setup upon community based website. To take part in the contest, either through submittal or voting, you will have to create an account upon the Wyrd Miniatures website. There are forums and galleries for your use and you are very welcome to them, but you are NOT required to in order to participate in the contest.

Grab those miniatures and brushes!

I thought this would be a more strict Halloween themed contest and was about to skip it, since I don\'t have any suitable minis for that, but hell, if there\'s categories for undead and creepy conjurers and such I\'m in! :D

Damn, there goes my painting schedule... :~(

Default kudos!!

Way to go Nathan. This one sounds great. I love Halloween and have many a mini completely suitable for this!

Looking forward to this.
    I just hope I get a suitable figure in the mini exchange (as I am sending along my own appropriate fig).

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

;) Witches and Warlocks, OH MY!!!!:bouncy:

Wolf_Fang

hmm..... what one to submit my mini too..... trick or treat? possibly bump in the night? or harrowing harvest? i mean hey.. it suits all 3!!lol

Oooooo... I have an idea. I just hope I can pull it off, and get it done in time.

I\'m terrible at deadlines.

Especially with so much other stuff going on.

I feel your pain Naukhel. I got a great idea and hopefully I can finish it in time. :D

Nice a contest I can enter this time :)

Not a hope in hell of doing well but its the entering that matters :)

Still havent even finished a single mini yet but what difference will one more make to my 15-20 current wip\'s, LOL

@Gerf
    Actually, entering a competition can be a good way to force yourself to actually finish something! :D I have problems with that, but when I\'m doing competition entries I push myself to get them done, and I also push myself regarding quality of the painting.

Originally posted by Ritual
    I thought this would be a more strict Halloween themed contest and was about to skip it, since I don\'t have any suitable minis for that, but hell, if there\'s categories for undead and creepy conjurers and such I\'m in! :D

Damn, there goes my painting schedule... :~(

The whole idea behind the Wyrd Painting Contests is to make it themed but at the same time, leave a very broad avenue in which to enter the contests as, honestly, why would someone wish to support the contest if their product wouldn\'t even have a slim chance of fitting into a category or theme.

In this manner, sponsors support the contest and it becomes a lot more fun when you get to see all the different types of miniatures, some from companies you might not even know of.

Anyhow - pleased to hear this is interesting a slew of people, can\'t wait to see the final product!

^Wolfbane

Hi all :)
    I really would like to join, since I\'ve some Fenryll pumpkin miniatures, really funny to paint, and this is a good chance .. or not?

I was actually thinking the samething. Maybe a deadline will stop my procrastination.

Are you restricted to only one category.

Originally posted by Ritual
    @Gerf
    Actually, entering a competition can be a good way to force yourself to actually finish something! :D

You are free to enter as many categories and as many entries as you desire - the more the better as I see it.

Miniatures from any company, any line are more than welcome as long as they fit into the theme and or category, though keep in mind you want to keep it annonymous.

I expect to hear from more individuals/companies after the holiday, but at the moment, the contest sponsors are:

Wyvern Games
    Dark Age Games
    Moonlight Minis
    Ebob Miniatures
    Fenryll
    Magnificent Egos
    Grimey Games
    Spellcraft Miniatures
    Groundforge
    Revelation Miniatures

Big thanks to those that have responded so quickly, and over a holiday weekend!

And Groundforge....;)

Yup - just fired up the e-mail program and saw that, my bad!

Oy! Wat \'e said! and Groundforge!

Thanks Scott.

Ok. Maybe I will actually try this one.

Originally posted by Frustrated Father
    You are free to enter as many categories and as many entries as you desire - the more the better as I see it.

Miniatures from any company, any line are more than welcome as long as they fit into the theme and or category, though keep in mind you want to keep it annonymous.

I expect to hear from more individuals/companies after the holiday, but at the moment, the contest sponsors are:

Wyvern Games
    Dark Age Games
    Moonlight Minis
    Ebob Miniatures
    Fenryll
    Magnificent Egos
    Grimey Games
    Spellcraft Miniatures
    Groundforge
    Revelation Miniatures

Big thanks to those that have responded so quickly, and over a holiday weekend!

Some good sponsers there Nathen. Hopefully you will get some more to jump on. :D

I\'m very pleased with the turn out, interest and generosity of the sponsors. Very large thank you to everyone.

I\'m also pleased to announce that Hasslefree Miniatures will once again be supporting the contest and Modeler\'s Attic will be supporting us for the first time as well.

Ah good to see that Hasslefree is back on with the support. Kev has some truely beautiful sculpts.