Finally got my first mini up.... What ya think ?

Thread: Finally got my first mini up.... What ya think ?

Default Finally got my first mini up.... What ya think ?

Hi Guys,

Been lurking around here a bit and thought it time I introduce myself as I\'ll be hanging around for a while. My names Adam and I come to the world of Minis and Figurines after wanting a bit more of a creative outlet than my scale modelling which I took up again a year ago after a 10 year hiatis as life got in the way.

I\'ve been amazed by some of the talent that is evident around this site during my browsing over the last few months which has confirmed for me that this is the path I will now be travelling down . Many of you guys are true artists and inspirations.

Anyway..... enough babbling :D. I\'ve finally completed my first mini which I would love to get some feedback on - the best way I\'ll learn what I need to improve! Of course, I\'d love your votes too, the only way I\'m going to get a ranking :D

My Wizard

Later,

Adam.

really nice work here actually. Very clean and you show excelent brush control, especially for your first miniature. And you got fire looking right as well! :)

The inner robe does look a little flat however and quite bland (the color isn\'t very exciting), however your work with the reds and yellow/white on the outer robe is very well done and the colors work great together.

Nice work, glad to have you around the boards, I\'m looking forward to seeing your next work and how your painting progresses, I see a lot of talent here. :)

-Eric

Thanks Eric,

Quite a compliment coming from you :D

The inner robe does look a little flat however and quite bland (the color isn\'t very exciting), however your work with the reds and yellow/white on the outer robe is very well done and the colors work great together.
    What would you have suggested for the inner robe to liven it up ?

Adam.

I think that your outer robe is so nice that you don\'t need to add much to the mini with that inner one. I think that perhaps a neutral color, white, black, grey. I actually think the color you chose could work for it, however it looks quite flat, and needs some additional shading and highlights to improve the look.

Vote and comment left.
    You got an 8 for your first figure.
    Cracking.

Wow, very nice. You even got some OSL in there! I really look forward to seeing what you do next.

Is this your first mini or your first post. You have a very smooth style. Sweet paint job. Colors are great I agrre about the inner cloak a bit of shading will help it but very good first mini.

I really like the natural clean style you have. Congrats!!

Thanks for the comments guys, making me eager to get started on my next one :D

Is this your first mini or your first post.
    This is actually my first completed mini. About a year ago I painted a 1/35 scale figure to go with a model I was making which was nothing to talk about :( and when I decided to get into mini painting a few months ago I decided to pick up an old reaper mini to do some practise and blending testing which I never finished - then I few weeks ago I started this one.

Originally posted by ajthomas
    Thanks for the comments guys, making me eager to get started on my next one :D

Is this your first mini or your first post.
    This is actually my first completed mini. About a year ago I painted a 1/35 scale figure to go with a model I was making which was nothing to talk about :( and when I decided to get into mini painting a few months ago I decided to pick up an old reaper mini to do some practise and blending testing which I never finished - then I few weeks ago I started this one.
    *OK - I should be in the Freak Bar before he is. When he achieves Freak status I will hide behind the door and wait for him to come through; then I will take a wine bottle and knock the bejeezus out of him. Who does he think he is coming in here brand new and getting a &@#$ rating of 8...danged newcomer making the rest of us newbies look bad....*

Hi Adam - so glad you\'re here and joined CMON! Your first piece is fabulous! Hope you can stay...

lol

*reminds self not to post any new minis after Adams does*

I have that same mini in my WIP pile. I like what you have done better than what I have done. I thought it was a real dramatic sculpt. Good job.

Hi Adam - so glad you\'re here and joined CMON! Your first piece is fabulous! Hope you can stay...
    Why, thanks so much for the warm welcome Red....... I think I will hang around for a while..... The views are so nice and the people are so warm....

BTW - The sarcasm wasn\'t lost on me ;):D

Adam

Hey guys,

I want to crop down and use part of this mini as my Avatar. Could someone tell me how to do it ? I\'ve gone to the FAQ and it just says that you can do it, not how to do it, and under my Edit Profile screen it just gives a drop down list next to Avatar with pre-made .gifs.

Thanks,

Adam.

I really like what you have done with this wizard. You have showed excellent control and highlighting etc.

although its a little bit boring, its really good but i dont know why but i dont find it very exciting

awesome work though, keep it up

Come on guys.... Only 7 votes left.

Would love to get 50 on my first mini :D

Adam.

Welcome. I voted. Great work. Kudos on good lookin fire.