Good Ground Cover for Bases ?

Thread: Good Ground Cover for Bases ?

Default Good Ground Cover for Bases ?

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out peoples opinions for a good ground cover for bases. I\'m particulary looking for a realistic grass ground cover. I\'ve got some static grass but the only colour that resembles grass that I can get is not very realistic at all (you know the one with the specks of red through it :)). I\'ve tried some flock as well, but again, not very realistic.

Is there something out there I haven\'t tried yet ? Some magic mixture of existing products that when mixed together looks like you could go out and mow it :D.

The base I\'ve come across that I\'m most impressed with is Allan C\'s NURGLE. This is what I want to try and achieve.

Thanks.

-Adam.

Wolf_Fang

not sure what to tell you.... try getting some brown static and a normal green and mixing the 2? other then that i dont know.... try pming allan? ask him what he did

Yeah, I\'ve got a PM in to Allan... just have to wait and see if he replys.

-Adam.

haha, the base looks like an ice cream cone,

lol

But back to the point, GW have released some new stuff for bases and it might be a good idea just to look around at different hobby centres and ask around

good luck:)

Maggot

Originally posted by ajthomas
    Hi all,

Just wanted to find out peoples opinions for a good ground cover for bases. I\'m particulary looking for a realistic grass ground cover. I\'ve got some static grass but the only colour that resembles grass that I can get is not very realistic at all (you know the one with the specks of red through it :)). I\'ve tried some flock as well, but again, not very realistic.

Is there something out there I haven\'t tried yet ? Some magic mixture of existing products that when mixed together looks like you could go out and mow it :D.

The base I\'ve come across that I\'m most impressed with is Allan C\'s NURGLE. This is what I want to try and achieve.

Thanks.

-Adam.
    Hi Adam

I know this might sound strange, but you can actually dry brush the static grass once you\'ve put it on the base. The Warhammer World store where I used to work often drybrushed it with bleach bone to take the luminus green colour from the grass. Also the scenery team used different browns such as graveyard earth or bestial to change the look of the gras - it really works well.

Give it a go, you might like it :)

Try all of the above. I dont know what stores you have but a hobby shop that sells railway scenery that I go too has about 10 different colors of static grass. I mix a green and brown and also dry brush. Good luck

I use both static grass and green flock from GW as I\'m quite happy with the consistency of those and I can get it easily. I then paint it the colour I want. As Maggot said, you can drybrush static grass and you can also use extremely diluted paint on it if you want the paint to reach further down near the base. The flock is easy to paint once the glue has dried completely. Look at my gallery if you want examples of how this looks.