First Ilyad Games mini... and color experiment

Thread: First Ilyad Games mini... and color experiment

Default First Ilyad Games mini... and color experiment

It had been a long time since I last painted a resin figure.:rolleyes:

It took a while to get used to the sculpting method on this guy, since this was my very first Ilyad games figure.

I figured that I shoudl try out some new things on him, since I don\'t have very many more of these, and likely won\'t be getting anymore in the near future (not easy to come by here in Chicago):D

Anyway, the text describes some of the stuff that I did. If I have time tomorrow, I will try to put up some bigger pics in a photobucket post here in the forum so that you can see those effects better.

the link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/103736

That is a great piece, Ilyad Games have some fantastic minis I\'ve yet to paint one of the Khran Warriors but I realy must get round to it.
    Gave you a 10 I think your score should be alot higher than it currently is. 10.7 when I cast my vote.

Sweeeet paintjob. Best Skelly Ive seen in a long while.

Very cool. I like the base especially. The blue is great looking. The only thing I can say is the sword looks too short. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to be or maybe its the angle of the picture but I think it would be better, longer. Not like you are going to redo the awesome job you have already completed.

Eh? Sword too short? Too short for what? Swords come in all shapes and sizes... That sword would come halfway up his chest, have you ever tried using a swords that big? I have a hand and a half that only comes up to my waist.

Also don\'t you think its a little odd saying the sword is too short on a model of a walking undead skeleton, I mean thats TOTALLY unrealistic...

some people are weird...

???

Sorry if I pissed off anybody but everyone has their own opinion of weapons. Just stating mine, you don\'t have to agree. Besides I said it might be the pics anyway and in real life it looks fine. What is unrealistic is that people get all pissed off if you don\'t share their opinion. But whatever....

And yes I am weird and damn proud of it. :)

and i was worried the sword was too long.but u put me in my place, Trevor

Hmmm, I need one of those light hearted rants smilies...

My humour (such as it is) doesn\'t translate at all over the typed word.

I\'m just amused when people say things aren\'t realistic when talking about toy soldiers, cracks me up.

:D

Good Job, The pic is a little cloudy but is ok,

Nice Mini:)

Originally posted by Trevor
    Hmmm, I need one of those light hearted rants smilies...

My humour (such as it is) doesn\'t translate at all over the typed word.

I\'m just amused when people say things aren\'t realistic when talking about toy soldiers, cracks me up.

:D
    Yeah that is interesting. Although we are the crazy people who put hours of time into them. The seach for paint perfection and more \"realism\" is a big part of this art form.