Wee bit-o-trivia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wee bit-o-trivia

Default Wee bit-o-trivia

See if you can awnser these WITHOUT using Google.

Who were:

1 - Chiam Weis (rock and roll)

2 - Ritchie Starkie (R&R)

3 - Gerome Horowitz (comedy)

4 - Vincent Furnieah (R&R last name is approximate)

Who was supposed to play Indiana Jones but was busy with other filming commitments?

Who was in the running to play Dirty Harry? He was a singer.

Timmy from Lassie. Where does he live now and what is his profession?

Han Solo makes a claim about the Milenium Falcon in the original Starwars that dosent make any sense. What was that claim?

Shawn,
    the only one I know right off the top is #2
    Ringo Star of the Beattles.

I strongly dislike the Beattles:|~:D
    Gin

hmm tough ones, especially without \"cheating\".

I think #4 is Ace Frehly from KISS.

That the MIllenium Falcon did the Kessle run in 12 Parsecs... a Parsec being a messure of distance, not time. This is a highly debated subject for me... er, nerds. See, he was doing a smuggling run and had to fly around a black hole (that\'ll suck you in if you get close going too slow) so if you\'re running a slower ship you have to plan a farther route, but if you\'re ship really is \"the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy\" then you can run closer to the black hole without getting sucked in.

SO... saying he did the Kessle run in 12 Parsecs ISN\'T an obsurd clame... his ship is fast enough to run a less distance and therefore get closer to the black hole without being sucked in because his ship is uber fast:]

I\'m pretty sure Tom Selleck was supposed to play Indiana Jones.

Who was supposed to play Indiana Jones but was busy with other filming commitments?
    As Evil Dave said, Tom Selleck. Ah, how different the world might have been... \"Almost cast as...\" are great for speculation: would the film have been as good/bad? Such a hit/such a flop? Would it have made the actors more/less successful?

Who was in the running to play Dirty Harry? He was a singer.
    Frank Sinatra by any chance?

Han Solo makes a claim about the Milenium Falcon in the original Starwars that dosent make any sense. What was that claim?
    <shudder> Notwithstanding the revisionist idea Itchy mentions I was born in 1965, the film came out in 1977 but even then I knew this was wrong when I heard it!

Einion

Timmy from Lassie, Also know As Jon Provost
    Works in business development for an escrow title company in Sebastopol, California.

Gin

Blog Entries

If I remember correctly, #1 is Gene Simmons of Kiss

WOW, I thought this would take a bit longer.

Sorry supervike, close but no cigar.

Itchy, I thought I was the only one who noticed it. Seeing how you explain it I could see it in a different light.

GIn, \'Timmy\' does live in Sebastopol, about 5 miles from where I live. Never seen him though. Charles Schults lived here for a long time and I have seen him here.

Steelcult, Yep, that\'s Gene\'s real name. He was born in Isreal and his mother was an Aushwitz survivor.

Phrase from a movie - \"hey, this is like a Flintstone carwash\"! One of my top funny movies.

Well now, Lassie the movie, if memory serves starred Rawdy MacDowel and as far as I know he\'s not doing much right now seeing as he\'s been dead for a bit.

Tsk. Guys, guys, guys.. and dolls...

The real reason Han Solo\'s claim made no sense... and pay close attention.... you\'ll laugh.

Let\'s begin with the very first thing in the movie:
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Next step: Define parsec...

A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is one second of arc and equal to 3.258 light-years, 3.086 × 1013 kilometers, or 1.918 × 1013 miles.

(taken from dictionary.com)

Now, from what we know of the Star Wars universe, they have not yet mastered intergalactic travel. Only interstellar. Thus, they don\'t know about Earth, and can\'t use this particular form of measurement.

Thus, they don\'t know about Earth,
    Annnnnddd in a galaxy far far away they spoke English complete with, at times, a British accent. Gives a whole new meaning to the sun never setting on the British empire!lollol

i still stand by my claim that MY ship does the Kessle run in 12 Parsecslol

The only reason i knew that one is because i\'ve argued the statement many a time... never heard a parsec compaired to Earth though, just between \"planet X\" and a hypothetical arc

And why can\'t a parsec be something different in their galaxy?
    A Nerf is.

That\'s true... and he\'d know because he hurds them.lol

Default ugh!!

It came to me this morning as I did my morning walk...

Vincent Furnier is ALICE COOPER!!

Duh.

At least I didn\'t say Brian Warner...(he\'s Marilyn Manson)
    lollol

It makes it very hard NOT to be able to Google it...

But is #2 Ritchie Sambora?? from Bon Jovi?

Default ugh!!

It came to me this morning as I did my morning walk...

Vincent Furnier is ALICE COOPER!!

Duh.

At least I didn\'t say Brian Warner...(he\'s Marilyn Manson)
    lollol

It makes it very hard NOT to be able to Google it...

But is #2 Ritchie Sambora?? from Bon Jovi?

Shawn, was Sinatra correct?

Einion

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    See if you can awnser these WITHOUT using Google.
    You do realise this is just like a red flag to a bull :D And it doesn\'t disallow using <gasp> another search engine, or IMDb, or AllMusicGuide etc.

Einion

@einion - (what does that name mean?) Yes, ol blue eyes was in the running. I\'m not sure \"make my day\" would have the same feel though. With Frank\'s mob associations mabey he could have got some \'coaching\'.:olol

@supervike - Someone above beat you to awnser to #2. Ringo Starr. Apparently Ringo had a penchant for bling bling (rings etc..) thus RIngo. Starkey just didnt have the same pinache\' so it was changed to Starr.