Natali
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Natali

Alexi_Z

Default Natali

28mm miniature \"Natali\" from Newbold Enterprises, based on my sketch and sculpted by Bob Naismith:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/104689

That is one kick-ass mini :cool: :cool: Beautiful paint job - as always.

Well-painted. It\'s hard to distinguish the claws/nails from the rest, but still very nice.

Awesome blending. Love the mini:)

Is there any chance of seeing some un-edited close ups ?

I really like the big hair but the rest is very inconsistent. The skin on her arse looks almost just basecoated.

Alexi_Z

Originally posted by Klute
    http://www.ljplus.ru/img/a/l/alexi_z/natali_closeup.jpg

wow.. I love this. The blue shiny leather is great... the face is even better. Great fig, both in sculpt as painting.

well that\'s got to be one of the most useful photos I\'ve seen in a longtime! Thanks for sharing, Natalya. :)

The originals were, what, 2.5x true size -
    this is 6x and still looks good! Very brave

so many pics in the gallery are shown a lifesize or less......which is a shame because it\'s so hard to judge them.

oh yes.....Bob did a great sculpt, and the paintjobs OK I suppose.....;)

Thank you Natalya thats a great close up.

I\'m still confused as to the inconsistancy though. Some parts like the face and blue leather look ubelievably good and some parts like the base and skin look very poor. There even looks to be a paint chip on the right elbow.

Bares a stricking resemblence to someone ive seen on the forums. Beautiful mini even better paint job.

@ Klute, I think its the style of painting. To me it looks like the same style as the painting. Thus the clothes and hair have quite strong highlights to accentuate the glossyness of the first and give the hair life.
    The skin, like the painting, is flatter. Now you seem to be taking this as a bad thing, but I just see it as an example of someone who is painting in a more \'arty\' style (aaarrrgggh I used that word, no-one start please), using \'light\' to get an effect. You said you liked the face, but if you look at it it doesn\'t really have any extra colour depth than the rest of the skin, except maybe in the eye sockets. What makes it \'work\' is the contrast with the eyes and lips.

Hmmm, anyway, I agree, skin is flatter, I just don\'t think thats a bad thing :)

think i agree with you Trevor. It\'s certainly Alexi\'s style - and paintng of female skin certainly does\'t want to be worked too much anyway; just look at Cyril\'s way of painting femaile flesh...granted there\'s more but light still comes into play. Needs to be very soft.

The key thing here is this is essentially a box top illustration; certainly explains a rather dull and poorly finished base.

Nice looking mini! I agree with Mark that the skin looks a bit flat, but I guess that is made on purpose since you usually have much more depth in the skin on your minis. The face, eyes and hair is what I like the most!

Alexi_Z

2Trevor: bingo!:flip:

Well thats OK then.
    Its been painted badly in the name of art.lol

Seriously I would have prefered the figure to have been painted with full shade and highlight on the skin and especially the base to have been neat.
    The rest is exceptional but these points let it down big time.
    The face is excellent. I love the subtle shade on the cheeks and the eyes are astounding. I never in a million years could do eyes that good. Unless I cheated and digitally enhanced them.

@Natalya......in what order do you paint the parts of the eye.?

Alexi_Z

Klute, what is wrong with you? My painting is too bad or too good for you?

Nothing wrong with me.???

I thinks its a fair assumption on my part that bits of this pice are painted very well and bits of its are not painted very well.

I say it as I see it.......
    Not how you would like me to see it.

Alexi_Z

Originally posted by Klute
    Nothing wrong with me.???

I thinks its a fair assumption on my part that bits of this pice are painted very well and bits of its are not painted very well.

I say it as I see it.......
    Not how you would like me to see it.
    No, no, Klute... I\'m talking about this:
    And this:

...and the eyes are astounding. I never in a million years could do eyes that good. Unless I cheated and digitally enhanced them.
    This is not first time when you talking about my works in this way...

Alexi - I think the last one is a bit unfair. He asked how you did the eyes cos he couldn\'t do them like that unless he cheated.

Shaz