Vikie... please Read
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikie... please Read

Default Vikie... please Read

Dear Mister SuperVike and all whom are concerned,

Seems we\'ve got a new CMoN game. You go through and read ALL of the posts in EVERY topic looking for the PhotoShoped mini fight... and if you get there before it\'s locked, you get a drink for every page of the stupid fight!

Dude, i\'m just joking with you here, but seriously... what\'s going on around here lately? Why can\'t we get back to the good old days when people would post stupid movies in General Discussion and ask for help in Painting & Conversions and ask for, but never really get many responses in Discuss Submissions? Heck, even the Trading Post is taking hits!

Cool Mini Or Not... i, for one, miss you:(

Thank you for your time,
    nick-

PS. Please don\'t ban me for this... i see it as a social commentary.

Dude, the \"fight\" was really stupid, basically two members going at it hammer and tongs and some bystanders encouraging them or desperately trying to jack the thread. Entertaining in a train-wreck sort of way but not really useful or in the spirit of the site.

I like the train wreck analogy, I have read some of the threads, just for the humor value! Kind of like reading a trashy romance novel, you pick it up, you know its trash, you know someone is gonna get their cherry popped, but you read it anyhow. Then when you are all done, you say to your self, I cant believe I wasted my time reading that! But then the next trashy novel (thread) comes along and you read that one too! :D

All in the name of cheap entertainmentlol

So keep it up guys, I am terribly entertained! and it costs me less that smut novels! lollol

Gin

Uh, the fight was started wayyyyyyyyy before the photoshopped mini thing, and seems to involve more than two people. I will say that the antagonist always seems to be the same, and that said antagonist has attacked some of the nicest people on this forum in a very childish, egotistical, center of attention kind of way.

What do you expect. there are alot of people I would call \"Artists\" on this site and they have a different sort of personallity. besides if we were all mature adults we wouldnt spend our time painting what really amounts to kiddies toys. Not that my children can touch my toys but they can look. Not that close move back... a little more .... a little more good now I can close the games room door.

It happens dont let on or two bad threads spoil what i believe is one of the best sites on the Net.

Default first of all...

My Dad\'s real name is Bill. Actually, Billie. But ever since he was a wee one, people have called him Dude. My mom calls him Dude, my wife calls him Dude, his mom calls him Dude...He had DUDE tattooed on his forearm...you get my point. So, when anyone ever says \"dude\" I always think...whats this got to do with my Dad?;)

Anyhow, more to the point. Thanks Itchy, for bringing this back up. I hope people will read this and take it to heart. I don\'t really care to close threads. I can\'t say I loathe it, but its pretty close. Its just that I feel its my responsibility to do it sometimes. I think if I don\'t do it people are going to say I am shirking my duties.

I\'d prefer to let the things run their course.

I didn\'t even mind the running photoshop arguement as much I did the blatent rudeness of the poor posters \'pro-painting\' remark. I feel really bad for that guy. He was just happily is trying to fund his purchase of Wood Elves, bless his soul, and people started running him and his work down.

It looks like he hadn\'t ever posted before, and I doubt he will again. You know, I make it a point to try and help \"newbies\" out on this forum. I try to give comments on people posting submissions. I point them towards threads or answer questions that have been asked a multitude of times before. I feel its my duty to do it. I want people to stay and take part of our little world here. I don\'t want this to be some sort of elitist board where you are only welcomed if you are a posting freak.

I know I\'m not responsible for what other people post but, I was embarrased as a member of this community at what took place on that thread. He was just trying to sell stuff. No one was forced to buy it. So, he claims its PRO-PAINTED. For that he deserved to be ATTACKED??

YES...I want serious discussions on this forum. I also like the light hearted stuff. I don\'t mind the occasional train wreck. Its all part of the intrigue of this place. Politics, obituaries, fundraisers, they are all important here because we are much more that artists, gamers, and collectors here. We are really a community. I tell you people stuff I\'d never tell my \'real life\' friends and family.

I rarely if ever, rant about anything, you can check through my 5000+ posts to verify that. But PLEASE, lets not attack people like that. If you see it happening, tell a moderator, or better yet, speak up and ask the offenders to pull back a bit.

So, if there is anything I dislike more than closing a thread, it would be having to be serious all the time. All your base are belong to us.

/rant

Blog Entries

I have to admit, I missed the \"Pro Painted\" thread Vike, so I\'m not going to comment on it.

I also feel that in most cases this place is a free and open forum and is run that way - there is not a lot of moderation and overall, the members of this community tend to act in a mature fashion when dealing with each other. We have had a few seriously socially retarded individuals on the forums, but they have either learned to act within the rather loose rules or have gone their own way.

Yes, I\'m not here as much as I once was, but thats due to access limits, not because I\'m not interested in the site. When I go home, I tend to soak in the site as much as humanly possible, even running it in the background while I\'m off doing other things on the web.

What am I trying to say here? Overall, things are ok. Its just when the family here gets a bit disfunctional that we all start questioning whats going on here, and thats whats happening right now, IMHO.

Rant off - back to the sandbox for me

Where\'s the photoshpping thread?

I want to join in! :duh: lol

you\'re too late, you missed both of \'em lol

Default you can still read them...

Here is the latest one.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=10890

Originally posted by supervike
    My Dad\'s real name is Bill. Actually, Billie. But ever since he was a wee one, people have called him Dude. My mom calls him Dude, my wife calls him Dude, his mom calls him Dude...He had DUDE tattooed on his forearm...you get my point. So, when anyone ever says \"dude\" I always think...whats this got to do with my Dad?;)
    You think that\'s bad? My dad\'s name was Dick.

:D:D Thanks Mr. Gamer, I needed a chuckle.lollol

Originally posted by steelcult
    Rant off - back to the sandbox for me
    Off the soapbox into the sandbox?

It\'s all a storm in a thimble....

HEy, VIke! Was that your dad that \"The Big Lubowski\" was based on ???

;)

no no no that was THE Dude.

my dad is just Dude.lol

I thought for sure you were gonna chime in and say your father\'s name was Dude too....If that would have happened, I would have left, never to return....:rolleyes:

lol
    No. We actually ad a miss on that one. My dad\'s name was Don and I don\'t know if he ever had a nickname, other than when he was racing. I know that early early on in his racing carreer he as known as \"Flipper\" :o NOT a good nick to have if you\'re a race driver :duh:
    Other than that, the closest we come to an intersection on fathers is that my STEP-father\'s name was Bill.:rolleyes:

WOW your dad gets around Vikey our local policeman is called dude, now that is what I call commuting.:D

Originally posted by supervike

I didn\'t even mind the running photoshop arguement as much I did the blatent rudeness of the poor posters \'pro-painting\' remark.
    ... I was embarrased as a member of this community at what took place on that thread.
    Oh! I was so busy posting stupid remarks, I forgot to tell you that I agree with you entirely on this!!! I found the whole thing rather disgusting and totally uncalled for. NO WONDER people think this is an elitist board :o