Principal\'s Treatment Of Student Accused Of Theft
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Principal\'s Treatment Of Student Accused Of Theft

Default Principal\'s Treatment Of Student Accused Of Theft

This is outrageous.
    Outrage Continues Over Principal\'s Treatment Of Student Accused Of Theft
    Had the little girl been in her teens and guilty, I might not have much sympathy, hell, I might have even aplauded, but as she was only eight and innocent, I\'d like to see the pricipal publicly humiliated, then fired.

she should be allowed to whip his bare ass in public. what a git

The site wont load so I suppose its something to do with the work Firewall. So I\'ll just add my indignation here as well.

Some parents in a local school district say the principal was out of line for taking by the hand an 8-year-old accused of stealing into every classroom in the school and telling kids she is a thief and a liar.

Some want more than an apology -- they want the principal fired.

Marlene Whitby is the principal of William Penn Elementary School.

The parents of the little girl she humiliated say she scarred their child for life.

The girl\'s father told Channel 4 Action News, \"What good can you get out of that -- abusing a child? What good can you get out of that.\"

Another student accused his 8-year-old daughter of stealing $5.

That\'s when her family says Whitby walked the girl into each and every classroom at William Penn, telling all of the students she was a thief and a liar.

Later, the girl\'s accuser recanted her story.

But many say the damage had already been done.

\"She ought to make an apology -- take that kid around like she did when she thought she was guilty, and apologize in front of all the people,\" said Forward Township resident Terry Cohut.

The girl\'s family says the principal did apologize -- but not in public, the way they\'d hoped.

Outside the polls on election day in Forward Township on Tuesday, the buzz had nothing to do with Election Day and everything to do with Whitby.

Many people are making plans to attend Wednesday\'s school board meeting at Elizabeth Forward\'s middle school.

\"If you have a question, go fill out a card. It\'s open to everybody,\" said school board candidate Clare Guffey.

The school says they cannot comment on disciplinary or personnel matters about students or staff.

One of the saddest parts of the story is that the girl\'s father says the little girl\'s sister kicked her out of their room because the principal said she was a bad person.

Wednesday\'s school board meeting is just a work session. But some residents say that won\'t stop many from speaking out against what happened.

Its so easy at that age for kids to pick up a stigma. They look up to these people and when they are labelled as a bad egg they tend to live up to that expectation. I would sue the principle and MAKE her appologise in front of the whole school with the girl present and then have her sacked. thats just poor form for someone in that position who is supposed to be moulding our children into adults. Now Im really p!$$ed off. I think its time for a smoke break till I calm alittle.

how an ass**le :flame::flame::flame::flame:

i hope she\'ll be humiliated too... :flame:

Default my question is...

did she make the wrongful accuser admit to lying?

All people make mistakes, and the principal probably has a very tough job. But, you\'d think, at some point, there was a little voice telling her this would be bad.

Anatora

[i]

Marlene Whitby is the principal of William Penn Elementary School.

The parents of the little girl she humiliated say she scarred their child for life.

The girl\'s father told Channel 4 Action News, \"What good can you get out of that -- abusing a child? What good can you get out of that.\"

Another student accused his 8-year-old daughter of stealing $5.

That\'s when her family says Whitby walked the girl into each and every classroom at William Penn, telling all of the students she was a thief and a liar.
    i]
    Poor kid. The principal must be a graduate of the Wal-Mart management training school. I am surprised the lady didn\'t hang a \"I am a thief\" sign around the child\'s neck. There is nothing like public humiliation to \"teach\" people a lesson.

Originally posted by supervike
    But, you\'d think, at some point, there was a little voice telling her this would be bad.

ah yes, but you see, Vike that little voice you speak of is common sense. which sadly to say, most people in this country don\'t have.

Hrrrm, I can disipline this kid in my office where no one can see it, or I can parade her around the school and make a public mockery of her.....

lemme take her around the school, that sounds like more fun

flippin\' idiot:flame:

Not a very clever thing to do. Even if she HAD stolen the money, that sort of punishment shouldn\'t have been necessary at that age.

She would be out of a job over here.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    She would be out of a job over here.
    She should be out of a job over here, but the Teacher\'s Unions are so strong that it is almost impossible to get a teacher fired.

She should have to go to each of those classes and appologize to the girl and admit to be a false accuser (judge, jury and executioner) herself, then do the honorable thing and resign.

Nothing wrong with strong unions!

Can\'t see her career surviving this sort of adverse publicity though :)

No...I\'m not opposed to strong unions either. I\'ve been in a good one for 17 years now, I\'m actually the Union\'s website coordinator and newsletter editor.....

I doubt the union will be able to save this ladies job...besides...being the PRINCIPAL, is she still protected by a union? That sounds to be a management position reporting to the School District.

I agree the kid was humiliated, but \'scarred for life\'? Come on that may be a bit strong. Kids are resiliant. That sounds like legal talk for \'how much money do we get to sue for\'.

praetorian0_1

I hope there are some bizzare laws left on the books from the 1800\'s in that county to punish her in the same stone-age way she sees justice... A day in the stocks having to sing Greensleeves, then being tied to the most belligerant goat in the county for a week, good stuff like that...:rolleyes: what a jerk. You can imagine how many other kids have fallen to her wrath. I had some teachers like that too- and they always got away with it back in the 70\'s. They make a bad name for those good ones that are out there.

Total and utter CRaP!

I hate educators who pull this kind of crap.
    2 years ago, a very similar thing happened to my younger daughter, she was also 8, she was accused of stealing (get this) a purple crayon by another child.
    The teacher took her in front of the class and talked to her about stealing, she told that entire classroom that Morgen is a thief. She then went through my daughters desk, and did not find the missing purple crayon. Later the accuser found it in her own desk. Unfortunately the damage had been done, all of the children in that room saw my child as a thief, whenever something came up missing they would look at her first, for the rest of the school year. Did the teacher ever apologize, NO, not in front of the class, she did pull my daughter aside a couple of days later to say she made a mistake. When I ask the teacher why she would do such a thing, her response really pissed me off.
    She informed me that Morgen has a history of stealing things from her and the other children, when I ask when this had happened before and what had been taken, gosh she couldn\'t remember when or what. When I ask why I had never been told that my daughter was taking things, she told me she didn\'t feel it had been important. :flame:

Moral of the story, this teacher was a total piece of shit.
    My child was hurt and mistrusted for the rest of the school year, and to this day (2 years later) she hates this teacher for how she made her feel.

So yea stuff like this really does happen. And the teachers feel that they have no reason to say sorry. They feel they loose their authority in the class if they have to apologize to a child.

:flame:
    Gin

Innocence proves nothing.:~(

Oh yeah-now I remember why my son is home educated...That poor little girl :(

\"Home Schooling-it\'s not just for scary religious people.\" Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Originally posted by Gin1906

The teacher took her in front of the class and talked to her about stealing, she told that entire classroom that Morgen is a thief. She then went through my daughters desk, and did not find the missing purple crayon. Later the accuser found it in her own desk. Unfortunately the damage had been done, all of the children in that room saw my child as a thief, whenever something came up missing they would look at her first, for the rest of the school year. Did the teacher ever apologize, NO, not in front of the class, she did pull my daughter aside a couple of days later to say she made a mistake. When I ask the teacher why she would do such a thing, her response really pissed me off.
    She informed me that Morgen has a history of stealing things from her and the other children, when I ask when this had happened before and what had been taken, gosh she couldn\'t remember when or what. When I ask why I had never been told that my daughter was taking things, she told me she didn\'t feel it had been important. :flame:

Moral of the story, this teacher was a total piece of shit.
    My child was hurt and mistrusted for the rest of the school year, and to this day (2 years later) she hates this teacher for how she made her feel.
    Gin
    That\'s unbelievable. That\'s just infuriating. I can\'t believe there are people teaching our children who are just that f***ing dense. I don\'t know what I\'d do if something like that happened. Maybe a dose of her own medicine would do some good. Walk into her class, go up in front of her students and calmy explain what it means to be unintelligent, hotheaded, and a liar. Then calmly point out that their teacher says and does stupid things because of those reasons. That she\'s not very smart, so she can\'t help doing dumb things. That she says things that aren\'t true, because her brain doesn\'t work quite as well as regular people\'s and even though she tries and tries to think about what she says and does, she just isn\'t good at thinking. That it\'s OK to be stupid and it doesn\'t mean that god doesn\'t love her, because that\'s the way he made her.

All done in calm Mr. Rogers fashion.

I\'m surprised teachers actually listen to kids whining \"Johnny\'s got my pencil!\".

Stuff that is \'stolen\' in school is almost always \'misplaced\'...

Apart from my £80 sunglasses and my keys:mad:

delta_408

grrr that principal was wat out of line and should no longer head a school. :flame:

very unprofessional of a person who is supposed to \"teach\". i hope that the principal gets booted out for what was done. :mad: