Thank God for CMoN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank God for CMoN

delta_408

Default Thank God for CMoN

i\'m not sure if this is the right place to put this but i just want to say that i really find all the articles, discussions and forums on this site useful. i learn many things everytime i look in this site.

a bit of history here:

i\'m a mage knight player. been one for 3 years and still play it, despite the recent confirmation that there will no longer be any expansions after the Nexus expansion, with a gaming group of about 15-20 who also play MK.

i had been repainting some of my MK minis for about 1 year because as you all know, the paint jobs of these figures are not that good.. :rolleyes: anyway, i was surfing the net one day while looking for an avatar for a forum site on google. i typed \"paladin\" and searched for images. i fell in love with one of the images i found: a Paladin of the Wall painted by fluffy.

further research led me to CMoN and all the great information regarding minis. not to mention all the wonderfully painted miniatures in the gallery. i discovered that the paladin was made by Privateer Press and part of a game called Warmachine which i am starting to learn right now.

i have been scanning the various forums for tip on improving my painting techniques and i have never been disappointed. all the mods and members here contribute a lot of expertise and knowledge that help n00b5 like myself be better in painting minis.

again, thank god for CMoN. :)

I\'m glad you like it here, the trouble with this place is it can be kind of addictive. Still I like you have learned alot from here there are some great articles and alot of people that are more than willing to share their ideas and techniques with the rest of the community.

Default Welcome..

And thanks for the praise...;)

Wolf_Fang

Originally posted by tidoco2222
    I\'m glad you like it here, the trouble with this place is it can be kind of addictive. Still I like you have learned alot from here there are some great articles and alot of people that are more than willing to share their ideas and techniques with the rest of the community.
    mayb we should get borg to shut it down for a lil while again so we can do some painting? lol (juss jokins.... WE LOVE YOU BORG!) yeh.... i loves this place lol *

It\'s pretty cool to hear how people stumbled upon CMoN.

I love my \'little\' hobby, but a problem I have with it is how my real life friends and family just don\'t \"get\" it. They are all supportive, but its hard/uncomfortable to have a conversation with my wife or my work buddies about the merits of painting metal over plastic, or how NMM has changed the way I look at minis.

This site is a very large part of my \'hobby-world\'. I enjoy the people, the comradarie, the like-mindedness, the disagreements, and most of all...the minis!

Thanksgiving is up next week here in America (not sure if the rest of you celebrate it!!) it may sound a bit trite, but I truly am thankful for CMoN.:innocent:

Thanks CMON.
    Now it takes me 30 hours to paint figures Iused to do in 5! lol
    Now I have a huge pile of test minis with absolutetly crap NMM on them:(

But seriously this is a great site.

Originally posted by finn17
    Welcome
    Dont\' get a big head now. When he said \"thank god\" he didn\'t mean you specifically.

\"Takes rolled up newspaper and taps wolf_fang on the nose\" Bad dog back in your box. If they shut down CMON Id have to print out my job description to find out what it is Im supposed to do. CMON is very addictive. I was on the site for two years before I found the forums. That was 3 months and 600 posts ago. I truly believe I have bettered my painting because of this site. I mean it sounds dumb to try and paint good enough to get a seven, but does it really matter what you use to lift your game. Now Im aiming for a single mini 8 and thinking of entering GD. I would never have done that if it wasnt for CMON.

Thanks CMON and thanks delta for pointing this out.

delta_408

i just wanted to show how much this site has opened my eyes to more than just paint and wash and introduced me to a cool new game (warmachine). i have to thank fluffy also because if i didn\'t see her work on the net, i\'d never have found this site. :)

Wolf_Fang

Before stumbling upon CMON......

AFTER stumbling upon CMON.......

delta_408

wow, that\'s a BIG difference. :o i hope i can learn paint half as good as all the great painters here. :cool:

I didnt see those guys on your CMON page or did I just forget to go to page two. Ih well you get that. Nice improvement. Like the four armed (Kroot?) thing.

Orginal gepostet von delta_408
    wow, that\'s a BIG difference. :o i hope i can learn paint half as good as all the great painters here. :cool:
    Oh, you\'ll get the hang of it I\'m sure. Just takes the know-how, lots of practice... and a little signature in your own blood. Call me. ;)

Blessed be Cmon. This place is way too addictive....well for me at least. :D I need to get out more see the world ..............like outside my door. :)

Originally posted by supervike
    It\'s pretty cool to hear how people stumbled upon CMoN.
    I can\'t even remember how I did. I just... DID. Probably Google :D It was apparently early in the site\'s life - my first submission (#2998! :o) was only 6 months after the first listed in the gallery...

I love my \'little\' hobby, but a problem I have with it is how my real life friends and family just don\'t \"get\" it. They are all supportive, but its hard/uncomfortable to have a conversation with my wife or my work buddies about the merits of painting metal over plastic, or how NMM has changed the way I look at minis.
    I don\'t try to have those conversations with \"outsiders\", but many of my friends have seen my display cases of my work at home and they all seem to like it. The first words are always \"Wow, you painted these?\", usually followed by \"They\'re really good\". Very gratifying :)

And thankfully nobody has made any cracks about \"The 40-Year-Old Virgin\", the main character of which was apparently shown painting figures :flame: Not that this hobby has ever won me a woman\'s heart, but it has never lost me one either...

Thanksgiving is up next week here in America (not sure if the rest of you celebrate it!!) it may sound a bit trite, but I truly am thankful for CMoN.:innocent:
    Not trite at all. Between the people here, and what I have learned from them, I\'m definitely glad I stumbled upon CMON. It\'s a true community in the best sense of the word.

Originally posted by delta_408
    i just wanted to show how much this site has opened my eyes to more than just paint and wash and introduced me to a cool new game (warmachine). i have to thank fluffy also because if i didn\'t see her work on the net, i\'d never have found this site. :)
    I\'m happy you found this site because of my work:D

CMON is a fantastic resource for miniature painters everywhere of all levels. There is some truly amazing and inpsiring work on here.

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    ...this hobby... has never lost me one either...
    And let\'s be honest: if it did she wouldn\'t really be worth having would she?

Einion

Wolf_Fang

Originally posted by Ogrebane
    I didnt see those guys on your CMON page or did I just forget to go to page two. Ih well you get that. Nice improvement. Like the four armed (Kroot?) thing.
    i know the troll and the slithe queen are there (the 4 armed thing) im pretty sure the reaper is there too!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/submitter/Wolf_Fang all on the first page :P