Another shameless plug

Thread: Another shameless plug

Blog Entries

Default Another shameless plug

Ok, so I finally got some new works posted on my Fotki site -

http://public.fotki.com/LBehm/pctures_from_iraq/other_albums/

DO ypu take these photos. The give a very bleak and desolate feeling. On the plus side there are some good shots of rusty metal. Youve got more guts (courage) than me to be over there. Keep safe.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Lloyd, your abstracts out of \'common\' items are amazing. Have you submitted any of these to any of the news services/magazines?

Stay safe and have a merry Christmas.

Blog Entries

@ OB - yup I take em. The photos, along with painting, writing bad poetry, and other things keep me slightly sane over here.

@ AH - going for that old industrial look with a lot of it. I really cant do pinup work over here, so its this kind of stuff instead.

very cool Lloyd.

Yeah. nice.

Excellent, excellent stuff, Lloyd!!! :cool: :cool: You have a great eye! I\'m sure 99% of people over there just walk by that stuff without ever seeing the possibilities in it! Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing it.

Cool stuff..I would especially love to see more pictures of the airplane wreckage..the battle damage is wonderful.

So if I might ask.. what exactly are you doing over there..your a civilian contractor right? That was something I thought about looking into my self untill they started kidnapping the contractors and stuff..

keep safe.

Visually the cracked earth is very eyecatching and interesting.

In terms of subject matter, and photos that \"talk\" to us. I think the images of the flowers and particularly the feather are among the most profound.

The battle damage and more industrial looking ones, while in terms of composision are quite well done, but don\'t interest me as much. Nice work, I\'m glad you have your camera there and are willing to share.

thank you :)

-Eric

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    Cool stuff..I would especially love to see more pictures of the airplane wreckage..the battle damage is wonderful.

So if I might ask.. what exactly are you doing over there..your a civilian contractor right? That was something I thought about looking into my self untill they started kidnapping the contractors and stuff..

keep safe.
    I\'m a contractor here - but I\'m surrounded by 15-20000 US Marines, and never leave base, so I feel relatively safe.

Lloyd, WOW, your black and white work is amazing, visually stunning! I would love to see more!
    I agree with Eric, I also love the dried mud, that just did it for me!
    The color shots of the rusted chain were nice too, although I did\'nt like the ones with the newer small chain mixed in. Butthe Black and White (my first love in Photography!) was amazing. I like the Mechanical bits in B&W.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Gin

Blog Entries

I\'ve got some actual B&W work coming through in the next batch - most of the ones that are up right now are greyscaled color shots.

I agree. The cracked mud was ... oddly stirring to me. I\'m not sure why. Photographs usually don\'t inspire any real emotional reactions in me.