The Worst Movie Ever (POLL)

Thread: The Worst Movie Ever (POLL)

Default The Worst Movie Ever (POLL)

Modderhu suggested that a poll be set up.
    I\'ve assembled in this poll the 10 most-mentioned movies to be voted upon to decide on the WORST MOVIE EVER ACCORDING TO CMON...

So... in no particular order...

Battlefield Earth, mainly because the book was so damn good, and the movie was so damn bad.

Blog Entries

Hey, I liked Signs... :(

Anyway my vote goes to Waterworld. I think that\'s the only time I ever fell asleep in a movie theatre to date.

sebrushworth

I actually quite liked waterworld. Kevin Kostner+post apocalyptic, how can that be bad?!?!?!. I also thought Titanic was pretty good.

Dungeons and dragons is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever.

National treasure is the most recent movie I saw that made me wish I hadn\'t wasted two hours of my life. It\'s horrible, despite Sean Bean, whose acting was actually also terrible for once. He was best back in the days when he did Sharpe, before Hollywood stole him.

sebrushworth

I haven\'t seen the Battlefield Earth movie, although I thought the book was a fun read, despite the horrible cardboard cut out characters (it\'s a thousand years in the future and apparently all scots still run around in tartan kilts!), and the thirty pages at the back of the book saying what a wonderful man/god L. Ron Hubbard was and how it would be in my best interests to join the scientologists.

This is the poll based on the Worst Movie Ever thread, gang. I took the most often mentioned from the discussion thread.
    We need votes here, not discussion. Discussion goes in the companion thread. :)

awww, my Starship Troupers 2 didn\'t make the cut for this one...I am just going to have to assume it\'s because it was SO bad no one even saw it

Strange that Waterworld is on the list but The Postman isn\'t. The Postman is far worse than Waterworld IMO.

I put my vote on Batman & Robin but it was a close match between that and AI. I\'ve only seen 5 on the list, though, and none of my worst movies was on the list...

yeah, I\'m batman and robin too, since it was one that did so much to ruin for everyone something that is otherwise good (Batman)

AI. The only reason to watch this utterly boring and overly long movie is to wait for a climax that never happens. Zero story, not even a line as lame as \"Can we co-exist?\".

Im with Eric, I can\'t believe Starship troopers 2 didn\'t make the cut, I actually really like the first one, and the second is soooo bad! :|~
    Gin

Strange that Waterworld is on the list but The Postman isn\'t. The Postman is far worse than Waterworld IMO.
    I agree. I am ok with Waterworld.

But Battlefield Earth takes the cake if you ask me.

Originally posted by EricJ
    awww, my Starship Troupers 2 didn\'t make the cut for this one...
    lol you really didn\'t like that did you? And man, can I not blame you - clear turkey from scene one.

Einion

Default no no

I\'ve seen all of those, and these do not even compare to the crap we\'ve seen...

:D

Sanjay

I saw Starship Troopers 2. Actually, I bought that damn movie...

still not as bad as the homo-erotic Batman and Robin. That was such a big turd, even a double flush wouldn\'t have helped...

Dungeons and Dragons set roleplayers and gamers back 25 years, in my opinion.

SIGNS had its moments. But why in the hell were aliens attacking a WATER FILLED planet if water kills them? Didn\'t they do ANY research?

Originally posted by supervike
    SIGNS had its moments. But why in the hell were aliens attacking a WATER FILLED planet if water kills them? Didn\'t they do ANY research?
    I remember somewhere in the movie, they said they were kidnapping humans, maybe they really needed the humans, who knows they are alien.
    Or maybe they didn\'t have water on their planet so thought nothing of it
    But the true point was they were killed by water because it was all God\'s plan.
    Signs truly wasn\'t about the aliens at all, they were merely present.
    The whole point of the movie was Mel Gibson\'s loss and renewal of faith.

mud_duck

Had to go with Battlefield:Earth
    \'Nay, we be hunter/gathers for the last thousand years, but it\'ll only take us a week or two to learn how to fly Harriers anddefeat the super high tech evil space aliens.\'

Loved the book, hated the movie. I swear L. Ron Hubbard is doing backflips in his grave.

Originally posted by Evil Dave
    ... the book was so damn good, and the movie was so damn bad.
    A sign seen recently at a library:

\"Don\'t judge a book by it\'s movie.\"

:D

You\'ve missed out Johnny English. That movie should have been hilarious, instead it was the most painful thing I\'
    ve ever hjad the misfortune of watching.

I repeat...

The movies listed in this poll are the ones most frequently named in the companion thread \'Worst Movie Ever\'.

Starship Troopers 2 fell 1 short of the list. If there could have been 11 options, it would have made the cut.

The Postman wasn\'t mentioned anywhere near often enough to make the list of \'worst ever\' on the poll.

Even my own most-hated \'Scarecrow\' didn\'t make it, because my multiple references to it still only counts as 1 time.

Nobody talked about Dead Men Don\'t Wear Plaid, either, but we don\'t hear anyone griping about it not being on the list. :)