High Elves - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Elves

Originally posted by Knin.
    Another ? approximately how many months pass until the games workshop revises another army.
    Thank you
    No specualtion on the next WFB army(After Dwarfs), but WH40k has a Codex coming out soon :)

No wait...i heard something about Orcs and Goblins after Dwarfs, then Empire, so GW can release a new \'Starter Box Set\'

Sounds cool

Originally posted by Knin
    The link that you put there are the high elves heroes not lords,
    I don\'t have my book in front of me, but I believe the term \"hero\" is generic. It\'s also not very informative.
    I think High elves get Heros and Mages. Mages are either level 1 or 2 mages or level 3 or 4 archmages.
    Heroes are either Princes or Commanders.

I could have that wrong though. I\'ll have to check the book.
    It could be that you have either Lords or Heroes, and Lords are Princes or Archmages while Heroes are Commanders or Mages.
    However, since the minis sold as \"heroes\" are obviously not mages, the name of the mini doesn\'t match the name used in the game anyway.

The short of it is just have your character figures stand out from the crowd. I\'ve had some luck converting other minis - for instance my swordmasters are lead by a wardancer, and my chariots are driven by bloodbowl minis. My original chariot driver is now my spearman champion.
    If you aren\'t playing in official tournaments you can use models from other manufacturers too. I have a mage from Ral Partha in my army.

Originally posted by bayrodney
    No specualtion on the next WFB army(After Dwarfs), but WH40k has a Codex coming out soon :)

No wait...i heard something about Orcs and Goblins after Dwarfs, then Empire, so GW can release a new \'Starter Box Set\'

Sounds cool
    I\'ve heard similar rumors. I didn\'t think it was for a new starter set though. I would have thought they would have done something with two different armies... Wasnt it brettonia and lizardmen in 5th edition (I could be wrong... that was quite a while ago). I don\'t know if I could resist another box of empire and orcs (I collect both).

As for release dates I have no idea. It could be quite some time, but it could also be pretty quick (they have been doing pretty good for revising and rereleasing lately).

Originally posted by emopainterguy
    Originally posted by bayrodney

Sounds cool
    I\'ve heard similar rumors. I didn\'t think it was for a new starter set though. I would have thought they would have done something with two different armies... Wasnt it brettonia and lizardmen in 5th edition (I could be wrong... that was quite a while ago). I don\'t know if I could resist another box of empire and orcs (I collect both).
    Sorry if i have just dreated a rumor, lol, i was just saying that a starter set may come out of this, because i have speculation of a new rulebook, and with those two armies coming out. I thought they would be with the starter set.
    Dont get your hopes up though anyone.