Need Help / Advice..

Thread: Need Help / Advice..

Default Need Help / Advice..

Saw this Skaven assasain on this page :

http://www.coolminiornot.com/43467

And i was just wondering.. What coulor did this guy use when he painted the cloak ?

If I had to guess I\'d say white, with a very thin wash of snakebite leather.
    Could be bleached bone as well.
    Maybe white/was sb/touch up with bb?

Originally posted by vincegamer
    If I had to guess I\'d say white, with a very thin wash of snakebite leather.
    Could be bleached bone as well.
    Maybe white/was sb/touch up with bb?
    So you mean:

He painted it white, then painted it with snakebite leather mixed with lots of whater ?

Hmm it looks like its been highlighted up perhaps from vomit brown over black then washed the rehighlighted with bleached bone then white. The wash looks like very watered down brown wash. But thats my opinion

Could be flesh wash it is similar in color to snake bite when its watered down.

Originally posted by Mansson
    So you mean:

He painted it white, then painted it with snakebite leather mixed with lots of whater ?
    Yes, that\'s what I mean, though someone said could be flesh wash. I didn\'t guess that because my flesh wash comes out very orange.
    Then after the thinned down wash, I think he highlighted it again, probably with bleached bone and white mixed.

I\'d have said a base of vomit, adding B/bone foa couple of stages then add white for the final highlights, well thats the route I\'d take

alternatively you could try PMing Mikkel and asking directly

I\'ve just gone to his website, gonna email him and ask him to \"pop\" over here

go an have a look in the gallery on Mikkel\'s Website he likes doing that color...........a LOT!
    lol

Default the white colour

Hi... got your message :)

The white is done with a base of bestial brown and elf flesh. Then highlighted with more elf flesh and then with elf flesh and white.. more white and finaly pure white. It takes some time, but as you can see on the website, I realy like the result :)

Mikkel Nyboe

Originally posted by Mansson

Need Help / Advice..
    Dont we all....:P

i would personally use thinned out flesh wash over a bleached bone highlight to white... if that makes sence. :)

Originally posted by Starcutter
    Hi... got your message :)

The white is done with a base of bestial brown and elf flesh. Then highlighted with more elf flesh and then with elf flesh and white.. more white and finaly pure white. It takes some time, but as you can see on the website, I realy like the result :)

Mikkel Nyboe
    did you undercoat the model ?

Default the white colour

hi again...

Yes the model is basecoated black... and the black colour was left black in the big holes in the coat...

Mikkel Nyboe