Dwarfs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarfs

If I remember correctly from the documentry he was a lecturer in English at Oxford Uni and he and C.S Lewis used to discuss their works.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by steelcult
    Well, to begin with, shouldn\'t it be Dwarves, not Dwarfs? And thats part of my issue with the whole deal - nit picking to be sure, but with GW we can all get away with that, right? GW\'s old sculpts for the most part well sucked - and the newer ones arent much better. I prefer the stuff that Werner Klocke has done for Reaper\'s Warlord line.
    AMEN Steelcult AMEN. I too MUCH prefer Werner\'s sculpts for Reaper. Some of the Hasslefree sculpts are pretty cool too.

I\'ve also got some old Ral Partha sculpts that are fantastic too. Can\'t beat some of the old RP stuff.

Cheers,
    Grumb

i am about to start an army and was wondering in the core troops can you have warriors or thunderers or both can you have both?. Same goes for the special troops i like both ironbreakers and the new cool dwarf slayers. Also can you have them both. Also can you have an organ gun with these. Or a better question can you have all of the core troops, all of the special troops, all of the rare troops. Can someone out there please clear this up for me please. Thanks alot.

I am guessing that you can use all the core and all the special and all the rare troops provided you have enough slots for all the rare and special troops. It\'s not like Warhammer to enforce choices like that.

But it sounds to me as though you need to go and buy the army book. More questions than we can answer will be answered in that book.

currently don\'t have enough money to buy the army book. That\'s why i am asking you guys.

Deucalion S

Hammerers!!!!!

For me the best dwarfs ever!

No one of the new dwarfs or the previous ones are comparable with those greeeat hammerers.

Originally posted by Knin
    currently don\'t have enough money to buy the army book. That\'s why i am asking you guys.
    Then make that your first order when you are able to. :)

Thing is, it will answer all your questions regarding army composition and troop types, letting you make informed decisions. It will also provide background info, letting you choose army themes, and also to understand the army better, letting you communicate better.

It seems like you\'re all fired up, and ready to go out and buy a unit. Inspired and full of energy... Good! The army book will enhance that even more once you\'ve seen the pics of completed units inside. For inspiration and reference, that book will make itself more than worth the money.

How can you start an army if you don\'t have the funds for the basics?lol

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Grumb
    Originally posted by steelcult
    Well, to begin with, shouldn\'t it be Dwarves, not Dwarfs? And thats part of my issue with the whole deal - nit picking to be sure, but with GW we can all get away with that, right? GW\'s old sculpts for the most part well sucked - and the newer ones arent much better. I prefer the stuff that Werner Klocke has done for Reaper\'s Warlord line.
    AMEN Steelcult AMEN. I too MUCH prefer Werner\'s sculpts for Reaper. Some of the Hasslefree sculpts are pretty cool too.

I\'ve also got some old Ral Partha sculpts that are fantastic too. Can\'t beat some of the old RP stuff.

Cheers,
    Grumb
    Just ordered the Warlord Dwarf Core set myself - and I\'m prolly going to use them as a Mercenary unit with my Empire troops - hows that for confusing.

Course, I can\'t use them in an \"Official\" GW Tourney, but WTF, Right?;)

Originally posted by Modderrhu
    I\'ve just checked the OED. The plural of \"dwarf\" is \"dwarfs\"
    I don\'t have access to the OED, so could you look up elf for me? Is it pluraled to Elves or Elfs?

I must admit some apprehension for fear of \"elves\" being overturned aswell. But no, \"elves\" is the correct plural for \"elf\". Whew! :)

Whew!

I was afraid I would have to start calling them Guelphs or something.
    Then at least I could have called Empire players Ghibellines.lol

Does anyone of you who collects dwarfs think that the old dwarf model is better sculpted than the new one.
    Old One:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/100612
    New One:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/107822
    I like the pose of the new one, this one doesn\'t seem to be trying to hide inside his breastplate.
    Also which one is best to collect of these special dwarf units and why;
    Ironbreakers,
    Hammerers,
    Longbeards.
    And why do you think so.
    Depends now, before the new book I\'d say Ironbreakers because of their save in combat. However, now you can put your Dwarf Lord in a unit of Hammers with an Oath stone and you\'ll have an almost unbreakable unit of fierce dwarves sitting in front of your artillery protecting it. Or, place them on an objective and the enemy might as well give up now.
    Also don\'t you reckon the dwarf battalion deal sucks, there si saving of $10 Australian, $7.5 American, 3.5 Uk pounds. they should have added 8 more warriors to make it 2 regiments or at least one of the new dwarf machines.
    That\'s about it
    The battalion baxed set is designed to help people new to the army build up their forces quickly. It\'s also not meant to be an army all by its loansome, it\'s meant to be a portion of your army. If you grab one of those and a box of warriors, or just grab the army deal, then you\'ll have a nice standing force for your first few battlegames.

Originally posted by Modderrhu
    Then make that your first order when you are able to. :)

Thing is, it will answer all your questions regarding army composition and troop types, letting you make informed decisions. It will also provide background info, letting you choose army themes, and also to understand the army better, letting you communicate better.

It seems like you\'re all fired up, and ready to go out and buy a unit. Inspired and full of energy... Good! The army book will enhance that even more once you\'ve seen the pics of completed units inside. For inspiration and reference, that book will make itself more than worth the money.
    I love the new dwarf army book, and this conversation has me wanting to call in a few favors at my local gaming store and nab the new army box!

Oh, and I think the plural spelling of Dwarf may be regional. Kind of like armor-armour, and any other word spellings GW has polluted my mind with! For three years I was wondering why I was getting knocked for spelling on my papers and then I found out that here it\'s spelled armor and that GW had failed to regionalize their spell check! Gaaahh!

Originally posted by vincegamer
    Is it pluraled to Elves or Elfs?
    ELVIS :D

i do not have enough money now since i bought the army deal, 10 dwarf colours, basing sand, static grass, glue, etc. That costed me more than $400 Australian, around 300 American and 150 pounds. If anyone has read the book how good is a new book compared to the old one. Currently have $10 Australian and can buy the old Dwarf book which is on special for $5 how much will the old book help me compared to the new one, is it that much different.

In my opinion the old book will be all but useless other than for the illustrations, the section of painted models and the stories and what not. It wont be very useful at all for the purposes of determining what units you do or don\'t want in your army.

I haven\'t read either book, but I still think it\'d be better to just get the new one once you have the money.

hey guys, can someone tell me how many points these models are worth.

12 Warriors,
    12 Warriors,
    16 Thunderers,
    1 Organ Gun,
    Dwarf Lord,
    Slayer Lord,
    Slayer Command,
    12 Slayers.
    Info appreciated.

How many points? That all depends on how you equip your troops. What runes, what banners, what weapons, they all can add up quite substantially. And all that info comes from the book.

You need to get that book, you cannot do without it! It really should have been in your first purchase.

Ok, I like more the old one, but that\'s mostly because I used that model to convert my first dwarven samurai lord.

However the new range of dwarven models is quite good actually-ecspetially the new plastics.

On wich special unit to collect I\'d say first longbeards (as you\'ll always field at least a unit of them in any dwarven army you could come up with).
    Hammerers are worth taking only if you have a lord in your army (since otherwise longbeards are preatty much the same), while ironbreakers are the heaviest infantry in the game and with a rune of courage and determination they can preatty much do the same job of the hammerers with a better As.