someone has been stealing my pics

Thread: someone has been stealing my pics

Default someone has been stealing my pics

I think the evidence says it all: http://www.warmaniaforum.com/index.php?showtopic=15077

He has been using old pics of me without copyright or watermark. If you scroll down you can see my reply with the new pictures and a link to the original one.

Spread the word, remember his name.

It\'s really stupid that such things still happen in this online world, but luckily someone recognized my paintjobs and took the time to notify me.

Happy holidays!

Corvus (:mad: )

That\'s a bit strange. Can you translate his post for us to give a bit of context?

the original post really doesn\'t say that much, basically that he likes confrontation figures and that he used photoshop to edit the pics...

Originally posted by Corvus
    ... and that he used photoshop to edit the pics.
    Of course he did! He had to adjust the hue to cleverly disguise them!

I wonder if the one you pointed out as \"his\" paintjob even is, or if he stole that image too?

Burn HIM!!! :flame:

or turn him into a newt, whatever works. ;)

Default Fame at last!

There has to be some sort of a compliment in there somewhere;)

Well if his claming your work as his own that can definetly be anoying. But I tend to be pragmatique about such things. I mean you know what you do (obviously :P) and the people that count also know your minis. so some small forum punk stealing your work is not really a big deal.
    but using other peoples pics as exemples and such is no biggy in my book. As long as you don\'t claim the work as yours I\'d say it\'s even a good thing. helps people improve :)

How about we tie him down and punish him ala Full Metal Jacket.

Do you remember what they did to Pyle for being a screw up? They each put a bar of soap in a sock and beat him.:D

Originally posted by Duende

Burn HIM!!! :flame:

or turn him into a newt, whatever works. ;)

I don\'t understand what dim-wits like this one think they can gain from this kind of behaviour... ???:rolleyes:

Default I\'ll second that!

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    What a cock!
    Here here! :D

I used the google transtlate page feature and I could almost read it!:D

That does stink but look at the silver lining. Now a whole new forum will become aware of your work. I can\'t remember seeing it but I hope you gave them a link to your work.

Most probably figure they\'ll never be found out in doing it.
    Even those that do it right here on CMON (there have been a few) probably figure that, with over 80,000 images for people to look through, the odds are in their favour of getting away with it.

Personally, I paint my name into most figures I do, somewhere, as my own personal trademark.

I do it in runes so that it isn\'t out of theme.

But, then... who\'s going to want to steal my work? lol

Its really stupid aye?
    People like that should be hung, Shot, then shot again.

:moon: <--To him

Originally posted by Naukhel
    Personally, I paint my name into most figures I do, somewhere, as my own personal trademark.

I do it in runes so that it isn\'t out of theme.

But, then... who\'s going to want to steal my work? lol

I do the same thing but I don\'t imagine anyone would be interested in passing my stuff off as their own either.

Anyway it looks as though the thief is going to get kicked off that forum.

DARKARTSTUDIOS

Thats really bad form! you must have been really angry:flame:how did you find out they were on that french site?

Originally posted by DARKARTSTUDIOS
    Thats really bad form! you must have been really angry:flame:how did you find out they were on that french site?
    got contacted by a french guy who was surfing those forums together with one of his friends. That friend said he saw the pictures before so they went to the electricocean galleries and found my pictures and email address.