BloodRayne Movie Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BloodRayne Movie Review

Default BloodRayne Movie Review

:mad: ::Rant on:: I just had the displeasure of seeing possibly the worst movie ever (at least since the 1st D&D movie). 2 Thumbs down! I almost fell a sleep twice during the movie and wanted to get up and leave halfway through. I even heard other movie patrons complaign about how bad it was.

Here are some of its bad points:

Bad acting, can Michelle Rodriguez play anything other than a brooding bitch, Michael Madsen does his worst William Shattner impression, and Ben Kingsley was a major let down. Meatloaf...need I really say anything.

Horrible editing. Weird cuts, fades...

Little to no character development. The only character that had any semblence of development was Rayne. What was the other characters motivations?

The cinematography was not good. The fight scenes were some of the worst ever shot.

And a very pointless sex scene. I may get flamed for this, but it just felt like it was tossed into the movie at the last minute and really had no point. Nice Tits though. :D

I would not recomend this movie to anyone. If you want to see it wait for it to be released on TV.

Just my 2 cents.

::Rant off::

Haven\'t heard about this movie
    Whats it all about?

...Even though i most probably won\'t see it after what i just heard:P

Blog Entries

You know, this is the second review of this I\'ve seen that said basically it sucked.

It must be really really bad.

It is evidently based on the video game BloodRayne. I forgot to mention it was directed by Uwe Boll (House of the Dead), need I say more.

It really is this bad.

Originally posted by Drake Farstrider
    It is evidently based on the video game BloodRayne. I forgot to mention it was directed by Uwe Boll (House of the Dead), need I say more.

It really is this bad.
    Wow, it does sound bad

lol
    Made my decision, Not Wacthing It :P

I didn\'t like the video game one bit and adding Uwe Boll into the mix is probably like... actually I can\'t think of anything similar to that bastard crapfest that must have spawned from this deadly liaison.

I never watch films based on video games since they generally suck! There\'s no shortage of good films out there... plenty of good stuff to chose from without having to settle for these desperate attempts to squeeze more money out of a successful video game.

The \'Halo\' movie that is supposedly coming out. Is that going to be any good, or is that just the next Video game to Movie conversion failiure??

Another video game movie with Michelle Rodriguez in it - Resident Evil starring Milla Jovovitch - was actually rather good. Not amazing but at least fun to watch, even with notorious hack Paul Anderson directing...

Alas, the sequel was ill-advised, and another one seems to be imminent.

Originally posted by bayrodney
    The \'Halo\' movie that is supposedly coming out. Is that going to be any good, or is that just the next Video game to Movie conversion failiure??
    First, its Halo

Second Petter Jackson is one of the producers

Third refer to first

Its a shame that no director of a high caliber has stepped up to do video game movies just a smidge of justice. With so many high quality video games they deserve better in the way of movie making. I wanted this movie to be good but alas I am yet again disappointed.

Why would anyone hire this Uwe Boll guy? His highest rated film managed a 5.6 according to IMDd. And that seemed quite rare for him. Bloodrayne adds another 2. something to his repetoire *sp. God someone give this guy a job doing anything but directing.

Movies from video games have a worse success record than movies from comic books.

I know nothing of Uwe Boll, other than his horrendous batting average...

Yeah, Michelle Rodriquez does get a bit type cast, doesnt she??lol

ooooh Peter Jackson working on a Halo movie aye?... That could be interesting. It\'s unfortunate to here that BloodRayne sucked.. I was interested in seeing it. Atleast Underworld Evolution is coming out soon *Cheers*:bouncy:

Uwe Boll movies were never supposed to have anything beyond a passing resemblance to entertainment - their only reason to exist is as a tax writeoff loophole for german investors. Read up on him at Wikipedia.

Intersesting link there Bloodsbane. It looks like the loophole is no more, but we will have to sit through a couple more of his films.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Uwe Boll is a talentless hack.
    Everyone in the world seems to know this, except for the actors who agree to be in his \"films\".
    :|~

As for Halo, Peter Jackson has approached Guillermo Del Toro to direct.
    Guillermo is interested as long as it doesn\'t conflict with his work on Hellboy2.

Originally posted by Bloodsbane
    Uwe Boll movies were never supposed to have anything beyond a passing resemblance to entertainment - their only reason to exist is as a tax writeoff loophole for german investors. Read up on him at Wikipedia.
    That reminds me of the sad story behind the ooriginal \"Fantastic Four\" movie:

\" In an interview with filmmaker Kevin Smith, Fantastic Four creator \'Stan Lee\' said that, unbeknown to the cast and crew, this movie was never intended to be released, and was made only because the studio who owned the rights to make a Fantastic Four movie would have lost the rights if they did not begin production by a certain date.\"
    - IMDB

They really should stop that guy from making movies. Resident Evil was a good movie. And let\'s not forget Super Mario Brothers. That will go dwon in history with the great films like Citizen Cane, and the Maltese Falcon.;)

Originally posted by Drake Farstrider
    I forgot to mention it was directed by Uwe Boll (House of the Dead), need I say more.

It really is this bad.

Did you honestly think Bloodrayne was actually going to be good?