Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale!

Default Wyrd Painting Contest: Femme Fatale!

With the new year well on its way its time to start up another Wyrd Painting Contest. As with all the Wyrd contests this one is themed as well! Without further preambile, I\'m happy to announce the \'Wyrd Painting Contest - Femme Fatale!\'

For the seductive, irresistible and ultimately dangerous ladies. The only requirement here is that the ladies look good and are dangerous. Any weapon toting, spell wielding woman that can take your breath away, literally, will do just fine!

The contest will run from January 25th through March 5th and durning that time competition entries can be submitted. At the close of the contest, voting will commence for one week where you will be allowed to vote annonymously through the Wyrd forum software as well as leave comments and critique which we have found our previous entrants have greatly enjoyed. After the voting, announcements will be made and prizes sent to the winners, along with the random prizes that we give away with every contest.

The specific rules for the contest can be found on the Wyrd Miniatures website on the forums under \'Wyrd Painting Contest: Rules and Information\'

The categories for the contest are:

ALTERNATIVE: The lovely ladies that just don\'t seem to fit in to any other categories. This can be gun totting cowgirls, chainsaw weilding cheerleaders or any number of other miniatures that we haven\'t thought of.

DEADLY DUEL: A diorma with two or more combatants locked in combat or something equally disturbing. Atleast one miniature must be female.

FANTASY: Sword wielding barbarians, harem guards or lovely lasses ready to put a charm on you, if the miniature is pure fantasy, this is her category.

SCI-FI: Gun toting ladies of the deadly future or weapon weilding aliens dancing a song of death or perhaps a Steampunk lady of the night. A wide range of miniatures will fit nicely into this category.

SIMPLY SCANDALOUS: Ladies that have for one reason or another forgone clothing and have decided to share their charms with us. Also, with the number of talented painters in the community, ladies who\'s clothing has been painted sheer so as to see through it will be placed within here. I expect this will be a large category!

We have been quite fortunate with the number of sponsors that have chosen to provide support package for the contest. Thank you very much for your time and effort and I encourage everyone to let them know your appreciation! The contest sponsorers are, in no particular order:

Wyvern Games, Revelation Miniatures, Hasslefree Miniatures, Assassin Miniatures, Eastern Front Studios, Black Scorpion Miniatures, Corvus Belli (Infinity), Iron Wind Metals, Goodman Games, Reaper Miniatures, M.S.B. Toys, Spyglass Miniatures, Dragonblood Miniatures, Wyrd Miniatures AND we\'ve had a generous donation by someone that wishes to say annonymous who has donated the latest Reaper Dragon.

On top of the generous support packages that are being provided, several of our generous sponsorers are sending along additonal prize packages for those you entering their product, both for random participants as well as for \'Best of ..\' paint jobs. I\'ll post specifics within the day.

Pass the word and I look forward to another great Wyrd Painting Contest!

Hmm I have a mini or 2 that I am working on now that might work for this contest. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Default Wyrd-games.net

I was looking over at your site for this announcement and couldn\'t find it.
    You mentioned \"my competition\" in a thread so I looked around and found the galleries were open, but empty, and no announcement in site.
    Hope you\'ve amended that now.
    I think I just might be able to get into this one. I have a mini I\'ve been dying to paint if I can only find the time.

I have a project that has been sitting around during my time away from painting that will fit nicely in this contest - so count me in!

I\'ve got loads of minis for this theme and in February I might even have some time to paint something... So, likely I will enter something. :)

Don\'t die, Vince! lol

Maybe this time I can actually get something finished and photographed in time!

Originally posted by vincegamer
    You mentioned \"my competition\" in a thread so I looked around and found the galleries were open, but empty, and no announcement in site.
    Hope you\'ve amended that now.
    I think I just might be able to get into this one. I have a mini I\'ve been dying to paint if I can only find the time.

Hrmmmm, I\'m thinking perhaps you might have had a glitch or possibly a cached portion of the website Vince.

You can click my .sig banner which will take you directly to the site or type in the URL:

www.wyrd-games.net

(not www.wyrd-miniatures.net) and its right there on the front page for the announcement (posted there first of course) and the galleries are filled up except for the \'Femme Fatale\' contest gallery which of course is waiting for submissions.

Hope that helps.

As for folks joining up - fantastic, can\'t wait to see the entries.

Blog Entries

Nice bit of prize support you\'ve gotten!

I just got the Khador box set for Warmachine, so I have a lovely, icy lady that should fit the bill, assuming models from any line are acceptable.

Now... to get a new camera so I can take pictures that don\'t suxxor completely...

Models from any line are acceptable for the contest, not just from those lines supporting the contest.

Wyrd website has the minute details one needs to read before entering the contest, but the basic gist of it is, keep it annonymous, don\'t announce your miniature you are painting, each miniature is good for only ONE category (meaning, if its a Deadly Duel miniature, no submitting the same miniatures for a different category, even if it fits). etc .. etc ..

Thats the great thing about painting for Nathan\'s contests! He is not shy about handing out the SWAG!! Everybody has a chance to when, especially with his RANDOM SCHMUCK type awards...

Plus, you get oodles of great comments from people. It has the vibe of a \"friendly show off contest\" It is truly fun.

Blog Entries

Good to know. I\'ll see what I can do. I have a couple of specific models I need/want done soon for gaming purposes, but I guess I kind of spilled the beans with my earlier post. Duh. Oh well, I have tons of others laying about that I could choose from (no, really?)

Besides, this might give me an excuse to buy a new camera. :D

I picked mine and they\'re cute but deadly :P.

Default Hmmm....

This contest might actually get me painting again!

:D

I would say I am in. But everytime I do it, I get side track...I really want to enter though.:(

Blog Entries

Just my luck my current group painting was under a theme of \"soccer moms from hell.\" ... Or perhaps I am in luck afterall.

But I haven\'t even started on the undead side of the group yet. I still have until March though. :duh:

I am also working on the pirate\'s daughter. Another femme fatale.

Careful tzor, the minis are submitted anonymously and must not be shown or talked about elsewhere before the end of the votes.

Originally posted by RedDawn
    This contest might actually get me painting again!
    You can do it, Dawn!!

Come on! The more, the merrier!!

:D

I\'m pleased to announce the addition of two more sponsors to the Femme Fatale painting contest: Dark Age Games and Privateer Press.

A big thanks to all involved!

Originally posted by Frustrated Father
    Originally posted by vincegamer
    You mentioned \"my competition\" in a thread so I looked around and found the galleries were open, but empty, and no announcement in site....

Hrmmmm, I\'m thinking perhaps you might have had a glitch or possibly a cached portion of the website Vince....
    Actually, I just looked at your website, and it shows the announcement as having been posted this morning, so that\'s well after I posted up there. I think you must have set up the galleries before posting the announcement and I happened to stumble on the empty gallery.

That\'s my story and I\'m stickin to it.

So, is this going to unofficially replace the Chick Challenge?

I know that Jason has been more and more reluctant to keep it up. I just hope it is a friendly transition. Having entered both. I can say that they are both well run and fun to enter.

Maybe this will end my painting slump.