Kaya

Thread: Kaya

Default Kaya

This mini from the PP Hordes game is one of the nicest minis I\'ve had the pleasure of painting in ages.

Ofcourse it\'s sculpted by Kev White.

KAYA - votes appreciated!

Comments welcome.....:bouncy:

It looks awesome, both sculpting and painting wise. Got to get that sometime. Is this mini part of a set or will you be able to get it separately?

You really are painting on another level. Great stuff.

But I can\'t click on your linky for some reason, so...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/112420

outstanding, I love your painting!

The freehand is briliant, the face, hair, skin, wood, are all particularly wonderful.

The armor doesn\'t pop out like the rest. I like the freehand, and the idea there, but the tone between the bronze and aqua seem too close and visually blend together a bit for me. I have a feeling it wouldn\'t be as obvious in person, but I think highlights on the upper edges of the bronze would make the two areas differentiate better for me.

I like it a lot though, post more of your work! :)

Originally posted by EricJ
    outstanding, I love your painting!

The freehand is briliant, the face, hair, skin, wood, are all particularly wonderful.

The armor doesn\'t pop out like the rest. I like the freehand, and the idea there, but the tone between the bronze and aqua seem too close and visually blend together a bit for me. I have a feeling it wouldn\'t be as obvious in person, but I think highlights on the upper edges of the bronze would make the two areas differentiate better for me.

I like it a lot though, post more of your work! :)
    Thanks for your comments.

There isn\'t actually any freehand on the armour it\'s all sculpted detail. The Circle faction are meant to have verdigris on their armour - hense the torquoise colour.

I do agree with you about the higlighting on the armour though. I made the mistake of dull coting her after finishing the metal highlights (I usually dullcote before finishing the metals) and it\'s really taken some of the sheen off the top silvery highlights.

Very cool sculpt. Top notch painting. The face is so captivating. Love the freehand on the cape.

Originally posted by fluffy
    Thanks for your comments.

There isn\'t actually any freehand on the armour it\'s all sculpted detail. The Circle faction are meant to have verdigris on their armour - hense the torquoise colour.

I do agree with you about the higlighting on the armour though. I made the mistake of dull coting her after finishing the metal highlights (I usually dullcote before finishing the metals) and it\'s really taken some of the sheen off the top silvery highlights.
    I think that may be it, the finishspray just dulling the highlight to diferentiate better between the raised the lowered areas. I couldn\'t quite tell if the paterns were sculpted in from the photos so I guessed about that part, but that is nice to know, makes me like the sculpt even more! :)

I do have to try freehand like that flower however, definately inspiring