Inane Prattling
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inane Prattling

Default Inane Prattling

How do you do it?

To all you Freaks out there; I\'ve been registered since 2002 and have only made it this far <---- in post count, yet I\'ve been quickly surpassed by so many others who\'ve joined much more recently. And due to a friend who\'s been urging me to catch up to her (not mentioning any names... but her initials are R.D. :D) convinced me that I\'m not really skilled on pointless bantering. Too many times I see posts where I think \"eveything\'s been said already\" or \"I can\'t help with that\" or \"I can\'t think of anything to say\"..

So please help me! Tell me your tips or tricks to help me be the jabberjaws all of you are!

Thank you! :innocent:

just post random crap kinna like i did here.... see something you can comment on even if its just a few words? do it :D let your voice be heard! lol

I agree with Duende.

Now see how that worked. I contributed nothing with my comment above but it still would count to my total lol

Maybe I should have called this the \"Pad Your Post Count Here\" thread,... but so many others could be called that too! :D
    (remembering the WA and JA3W threads)

Originally posted by Wolf Fang
    ... let your voice be heard! lol
    Technically, since you have to read this, shouldn\'t it be \"let my voice be seen\"?

;)

Yeah If you make your comments look constructive..like saying, even though you think others have said it all.. you might come up with one little thing to make it even better :D

Oh and add lots of smileys too!

Originally posted by Duende
    Maybe I should have called this the \"Pad Your Post Count Here\" thread,... but so many others could be called that too! :D
    (remembering the WA and JA3W threads)

Originally posted by Wolf Fang
    ... let your voice be heard! lol
    Technically, since you have to read this, shouldn\'t it be \"let my voice be seen\"?

;)

your doing it duende your doing it! lol

Don\'t look at me in that tone of voice! :P

Its not like that at all. I went freak in 4 months. Its about 2 things. Time and drive.

Set your goal and do it. You dont have to post pointless drivle but posting a few topics helps. Much like this one. You should get about 20 posts out of this. So if you post one of these a week thats near 100 posts per month.

Next is go to the discuss submission and discuss each submission. Also when you post a mini pimp for votes and reply to each person who answers your post.

Next is post losts of wips and reply to everyone that comments on your wip.

And have an opinion on every thing. And if its already been said just post that you agree with who ever (As long as its not Klute or Dauber)

Hope that helps.

Only 78 posts to go D!

It doesn\'t hurt to develop a smart-arse sense of humour, either.

A sarcastic comment thrown into a thread randomly can work wonders.

There\'s also thread-hijacking.

Or saying \'This thread sounds a lot like THIS one\' (and provide a link to another thread about the same subject).

Alternately, you could choose to simply remain sane, and only post when you feel like posting.

It isn\'t a race. The Freak Bar doesn\'t actually exist. The keys are actually for Airheads mo-ped, which has two flat tires.

Which reminds me... I\'m not blowing them up anymore. Someone else must have freaked by now...

OMG YOUR IN THE 900\'s!

I think the heart of it is similar to what ogrebane mentions, but I think it\'s about having conversations rather than simply posting posts. When you are chatting back and forth in a thread you can rack up 10-20 posts before you even realize it, while staying on a topic (notice I\'m not going to say on the topic of the thread :D). It is easist to do this I think talking about minis, but can be anything. When you pop in, throw up a few posts then don\'t look back, people know you\'re not a conversationalist and don\'t try to start one with you.

I remember back in the day, probably a year ago, I would talk probably too much to Anja and Margo in just about any and every thread...which is probably where a good half my total posts came from in a very short amount of time.

*misses anja*

I remember back in the day, probably a year ago, I would talk probably too much to Anja and Margo in just about any and every thread...which is probably where a good half my total posts came from in a very short amount of time.

*misses anja*
    Eric your just a big flirt lol

Don\'t feel bad, I have also been here for years....about a month longer that Finn I think, and look at poor lonely me <---
    I am the same way, I dont usually post unless I feel I have something to say, I try not to just throw something out there, and as you can see I have a LONG ways to go till I Freak, something like 4 or 5 more years! Hey maybe we should make a slow poke freak bar, Last one in wins! :D
    Gin

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design

*misses anja*
    Eric your just a big flirt lol
    maybe, maybe...flirting is also a way to get lots of posts! :D

Originally posted by Gin1906
    Don\'t feel bad, I have also been here for years....about a month longer that Finn I think, and look at poor lonely me <---
    I am the same way, I dont usually post unless I feel I have something to say, I try not to just throw something out there, and as you can see I have a LONG ways to go till I Freak, something like 4 or 5 more years! Hey maybe we should make a slow poke freak bar, Last one in wins! :D
    Gin
    Well I have been around for longer than you, and have made most of my posts in the last 4 months or so..

I did\'t know it was a race.

See how I stealthily added one to my score?

Originally by Duende
    Inane Prattling

How do you do it?

Easy, open your mouth and let the words come tumbling out.
    As for doing it on a thread, it\'s possible that for all the men on here it\'s the only way they can get a word in edgeways.
    (Oh I\'m so gonna get battered for that one.):D:D:D

Damn it\'s difficult to keep up with this insane prattling, every time I go to say something, someone else has added a new comment. :)

(edit: I meant inane, honest!, or did I?)

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Only 78 posts to go D!
    It\'ll soon be less I reckon (ahem! (+1))