Superbowl.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl..

Blog Entries

Yup. The Land of the Bland and the Home of dont offend strikes again

Originally posted by minimaker
    Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    They ran the 5 second delay and bleeped them twice :P
    Bleep? You mean they censored bits of what they said?
    Mostly for the Lyrics of the Rolling Stones half time show.

The ref\'s won the game for the Steelers.

For those who didnt see the Fed Ex add.. which I felt was one of the best..here it is..its called \"Stick\"

Originally posted by Gin1906
    Cough cough, Two weeks till Daytona :flip::bouncy::flip::bouncy:
    Go Jeff Go!

Gin
    Racing is so borring. The only time I like it is when there are car crashes.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Well heck yeah.. I look forward to Daytona..Didnt expect to many NASCAR fans on the board..
    There is a reason I live between Daytona and Homestead. ;)

Originally posted by airhead
    Well heck yeah.. I look forward to Daytona..Didnt expect to many NASCAR fans on the board..
    There is a reason I live between Daytona and Homestead. ;)
    Lucky You.. right now its wait and see how the law suit by the Kentucky Speedway goes against NASCAR on getting them a Nextel Cup race. That track is about an hour away from me.

Airhead, if I ever swing Daytona tickets, we are staying with you! :D

Been looking forward to the start of race season since mid November! only 2 weeks to go!

we don\'t have any tracks near by, the closest would be vegas :|~
    although there was some talk a year or so ago about putting a NASCAR track at Boardman Oregon, I am not sure but I think that fell through. To bad, it would have been less than two hours from my house!

@ Drake, when I first started watching the races, I only watched for the crashes, the trick, pick a driver/car that you can root for. Then, become a fanatic, only root for that one driver, cuss all the others, then dance on the furniture when your guy wins!
    Thats the key to being a race fan! :D

13 days to go!

Gin

So Gin.. who do you follow..???

Let me guess Jeff Gordon??

For me its Tony Stewart..#20 Home Depot car..

Oh and I follow Jeremy Mayfield #19 to..since hes a local driver..

In the interest of peace, love and harmony, I\'ll not say what I think about Tony Stewart ;) :olol

Yup the Girls and I are Jeff Gordon fans!
    :D
    Gin

ewwwe, you follow paint boy?
    :P

lol

That would be the Rainbow car, Thank you very much! lollol

Soooo, who\'s your driver, Please not Jr. :D

Gin

Edit, heard some where that the reason a lot of NASCAR fans don\'t like Jeff Gordon, is because he is articulate, you can understand him :P

Blog Entries

Originally posted by EricJ
    umm, I actually think he did get the ball to the line on the first dive, then got pushed back, regardless it was very close and impossible to overturn the call on the field.

And he did push off, I didn\'t think so at first, but looking at it again, the push was enough that the defensive player had to jump back about a foot and ended up on his heals. Could the defender have stopped the pass without the push...probably not, but it doesn\'t make it legal.

And I was pulling for the Seahawks, after living in the NW for 5 years. They skrewed themselves over, they were the better team and should have won, but could not finish any drive all day.
    There is no way that should have been called a touchdown. The line judge was spotting the ball and then ran in to call the touchdown. Even if the ball crossed the line, which I don\'t think it did, it should have been spotted close and then overruled in the booth, not the other way around.

Secondly, he and the defender are pushing each other, either they should both be called with offsetting penalties, which for the amount of contact there was is insane, or there should be no call.

When several sports commentators who get paid to be non-biased and still had a major bias for Pittsburgh say it was an unbalanced game there is a problem.

Gin: I root for Jr. so back off! He\'s my number 2 guy behind Dale Jarrett.

Soooo, who\'s your driver...
    Edit, heard some where that the reason a lot of NASCAR fans don\'t like Jeff Gordon, is because he is articulate, you can understand him :P
    Jeff did for Nascar what Tiger Woods did for golf. Brought it firmly into the limelight - which is good for the sport.

I tend to root for the sponsers as much or more than the driver (wrong, I know) and the M&M\'s car has always been a fav - even if it cannot finish a race.

Wonder who will be driving it this year?

In the interest of peace, love and harmony, I\'ll not say what I think about Tony Stewart ;) :olol

Yup the Girls and I are Jeff Gordon fans!
    :D
    Gin
    Ditto on Mr. Gordon

And go figure :P

Think that I\'m going to have to cheer for Casey Meers. And this year I\'m going to give him my garrownteed no fail lucky rabbits foot. It prevents crashs and breakdowns, or atleast it did when I was in the service. so you all look for the rabbit either on the inside of the drivers door or behind the driver\'s head.

Well that is if im still here at Target the next time the drivers come though. :D:D

Wonder who will be driving it this year?
    Elliot Sadler is driving the M&M car this year.

Ya gotta love the M&Ms car, some of the best flips in racing in the last couple of years!:o

We also like Ryan Newman, and my hubby roots for Dale Jarrett.

I supose we should root for Kasey Kane, he is from Washington, but I just can\'t bring my self to do it.

johnboy, sorry for picking on Jr. it\'s just so easy to do :D
    Gin

Blog Entries

I prefer my drivers to do more than turn left. I started liking Dale Jarrett watching him run at Sears Point and Watkins Glen. I wasn\'t too big a fan of Jr. until he drove with his father at the 24 hrs race.

They need to do more road courses.

First, I think the coaches won and lost the superbowl. Cowher used his wits and had three touchdowns, ( the gadget being my favorite ). Even if you take out the Big Ben TD, they still win. Second, pushing off is a penalty, especially in the big game. If that was a TD and they didn\'t call the pushoff, there would be crying foul from even more people.
    Holmgren took a page out of last years BIG Loser Andy Reid and said clock management, what\'s that. We don\'t need to watch the stupid clock. Madden was telling you how to win with 3 minutes to go and you didn\'t listen. Bad coach, no donut for you.

Second, and I may take some heat over this,

NASCAR ( Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks )

What about Mark Martin, I thought he was Hard to Beat.

Just my thoughts

OH yeah , loved the steaking lamb and when the caveman kicked the little dino.LMAO