Works in Progress IV - Page 23
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Works in Progress IV

Ogrebane........spot on.:flip:

help me- i dont know what to do with that fur. is it better when grey-blue or brown?

Originally posted by Klute
    Ogrebane........spot on.:flip:
    i agree totally, it was good before but excellent now

@RussianDragon

I don\'t personaly like the blue myself. Maybe a natural grey - brown kind of color.

Ogrebane- that is looking great! I love the livery colors on the rhinox especially.

So I stuck with the green on my samurai scarf. I added some floral patterns, as I thought it looked to lifeless otherwise, compared to her kimono.

I think I\'m going to do the base in brown-yellow static grass and tall grass. . .an autumn counterpoint to her spring garments. . .what do you think about that idea?

That is a work of art Blackfly. Outstanding freehand.

Blog Entries

@blackfly - having no idea how to do it but I would suggest doing a cherry blossom decor. She has spring attire on and it is the time that cherry blossoms start to bloom and fall. And the Japanese make a big deal out of cherry blossoms.

Marmoset

Default She is very nice

Wow, that model is awesome! Stunning paint job indeed. :wow: what manufacturer is she? As for the base, cherry blossom seems a good option, though maybe hard to pull off. You could have her standing near a koi pond or something, with nice reeds growing nearby? Possibly it is best to keep with a dark, simple base to contrast with the model, drawing the eyes towards the beautiful freehand and bright colours. Whatever you do, this is a fantastic model :bouncy: well done!

Happy painting!
    ~Bill

@blackfly: Glad you went with the green for the scarf as it really looks superb.
    The whole miniature is a complete beautiful piece of ART.

I have to agree that the Cherry Blossom idea sounds as if it would complement the whole piece and put completely in context.
    How to achieve it is a different matter. I think it would be down to tiny pieces of green stuff, painted white and thinly washed with pink.

Thanks for the ideas, and kind words, all. The cherry blossom idea is pretty interesting. . . though, with out a tree on the base, they would have to be laying around on the ground. . . that might look pretty neat actually. I\'d only be worried that people might look at it and say, \'why is she standing around flowers with no stems?\'

Maybe I underestimate people. :)

I do like the idea. . .I\'m no master of greenstuff by any stretch, but maybe I could pull off some little blossoms. I\'ll see if I can make something worthwhile, and small enough, and see how they look on the base.

Marmoset- She\'s from the WarCrow line by Corvus Belli.
    ( http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tiendawar.asp )

next.. i diceded to paint fur brown

I\'ll post this in its own thread as well I think, but since you all have already looked at my flowery samurai lady, I thought i\'d put it here too . . . have any of you ever shaped grass?

She is in such an obvious windblown environment that it occurs to me doing tall grass may look out of place unless it echoes the breeze.

Has anyone ever tried to shape/bend tall grasses before? Success? Failure?

thanks!

Blog Entries

@ russiandragon: this first picture show the stirrup with a fairly strong line. The second looks pretty good though. Tough to say.

This is my first major sculpting endeveaur:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    And gollum is almost done, but I might redo his body, so maybe he isnt so close to being done after all.. Advice/ Feedback especially on Gollum plz!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

@ Ogrebane

Ive been sneaking around the forums for a few months and I just want to say how awesome your ogre army is going to look. I would love to see a picture of everything all together when you get it finished. I think its great work. It will certainly be a very impressive army.

Blog Entries

Default Jaundice?

One of the figures that I am painting the skin on looks great except for her face. The skin turned a yellowish tint instead of getting lighter.

I\'ll post a pic when my light tent gets here.
    (Thanks airhead)

Marmoset

Looking great Ian! Gollum is very impressive, lovely skin tones in the flame. Very well-applied OSL :) well done. Slann-Nurgle dude looks pretty damn cool too! Here is my only big sculpting work: (if the link works...)

Happy painting!

~Bill

Marmoset

OK, another link... this is my Mountaineater Irongut WIP. I hope you like him, I know that he ain\'t much to look at undercoated, but I\'ll tell you why I posted this after the mini :flip: I hope it works!

I am very pleased with my freehand work on the weathered HE shield, and the wood grain and wine spillage from the barrel, so really I just wanted to show you the base. I used small pieces of slate for the base. The ogre is made from the Ironguts box set: I gave him a hook hand, and grafted two kinds of arm together, heavily repositioning the ogre and sculpting straps for the gutplate. I also sculpted fur trim round his boots, which you can see above the wine barrel, and sculpted detail onto the iron soles of his boots too. I\'m planning to go for a grey/bluish skintone with a stone gutplate, as he is from the tribe of Bauldig Mountaineater. I hope you like him, feedback would be appreciated very much :) What would you vote him?

Cheers, happy painting!

~Bill

*edit*MY GOD, the picture is gigantic! sorry, I didn\'t realise the photo was so large. Please bear in mind that the shield is only 2cm long :~(

@Blackfly
    Love that oriental girl - by far your best miniature to date IMO.

@Ogrebane
    That is one mean eye and I love the hell out of it.

@jamsessionein
    That\'s just plain hillarious. Great job.

@Talonicus
    That\'s a great looking armor - fantastic color choices.

It\'s the 4th time my Dreadnought changed chapter:P Think I just goona undercoat him to stop my from changning things again. This time he\'s a Crimson Fist Dreadnought. Didn\'t have on of those fancy Forge World icongraphy for the Fist\'s so I made my one from a filled down Powerfist and Chaos Warrior shield. What do you think?