Works in Progress IV - Page 2
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Works in Progress IV

thats pretty cool forge worlds cool but the prices put me off

@Orb- That is a fantastic sculpt! Wow forgeworld has great stuff, too bad they\'re so bloody expensive. I am anxious to see how you paint it.

Here is the continued progression on my men at arm prototype.

Man Orb...that is looking really nice....

I need some advice folks. I think I messed up...I applied an ink wash to consolidate the colors and bring the highlights back down a bit. I think I may have gotten the wash too dark. Let me know what you all think....

Cheers,
    Grumb

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Grumb, I like it. you need to highlight the feathers a bit again, and the fur and mane. You need to do the end of the tail like the mane.

@ Grumb - I would say you need to highlight again, but at least the shading is better now :D

Thanks guys!

I haven\'t actually started the feathers yet other than a basecoat. I agree that I need to highlight the fur back up again....but you\'re right that the shadows look better.

Cheers,
    Scott

QGrumb yeah im gonna agree the shading looks much better just rework the highlights =D
    EDIT
    Did a bit more to my Vet changed the canister to green to match the eyes and did some base workalso did up the backpack:

Lemme know what ya think, also was gonna add the small banner from the command spru but im not sure about my freehand...lol any other suggestions please lemme know and srry for the slightly blurry pics.

Default My WIP - Strogg style marine head

Hi guys! Not the greatest of shots, just got to set up my diffusion cube at some point. However, I think the photo below gives a good idea of the appearance of the bit I want critiqued.

It\'s not done yet, apart from the skin. It\'s the head for a Dark Angel sergent, which I was repainting (the original job was nasty!) I wanted to go with a \'Strogg\' look (if you\'ve played Quake 2/4), which I guess is Jaundice mixed with bruising & general filth. Sort of like sun tanned undead? What do you reckon? I\'ll post some more once the other trims done too.

P.S. It\'s also the first mini I\'ve used Foundry paints on, and the metallic triads are REAL nice, well the gold is anyway!

P.P.S/ Please bear in mind its a macro shot, not the kindest of mediums!

that space marine head is looking very good indeed and if the rest of the model is up to that standard will be impressive indeed.
    Right new WIP thread and a new one from me, well to be honest not that new but one that kind of got forgotten about for quite a while. This is my current project that I am hoping to have finished by the weekend.

This is Sacred Blades female cyborg and one that I have been meaning to get done for what seems an eternity. Well I have told myself that I cannot go out and by the new LOTR Shadow in the East minis until she is complete. Still a very long way to go but I think she is shaping up nicely.

wow:o
    i have been tempted by this model for ages well since juy but have been waiting for SB to release septembers models.you might have just sold this model to me

@ tidoco2222 - the skintones are looking nice, and I really like the look of her base.

Finally finished the ogre and he is posted:
    Mjolnir, Barbarian Ogre

@tid wow man looking awesome must get that mini.....=D
    Weeee i just cant stop. I added some bits to add flair and a feeling of importance to the fig:

Not sure if i should do the seals in red or maybe a green? Lemme know your thoughts!

Default another ilyad one

(an early pic made to show the other side)

newest pic

the imperial guard captain... on the left side he\'ll have a brazier osl

@Tim - that cyborg is looking really good.

@Tagger - I love the purple on the robes. Some bigger pictures would be nice though...these old eyes don\'t see little ones so well.

@Tony M. - I like it....nice work!

Cheers,
    Grumb

@ grumb just click the thumbnails =D
    @Tony WTF HOTNESS!
    PSST:
    hehe trying something abit different:

Tagger, well, all I can say is DUH....

Here is another update on the griffin...still needs to add another few layers of highlights...

Cheers,
    Grumb

Tony you are one fine ass painter man
    Grumb looks better then the last wip going strong
    Tim good to see you finish her i think she suits you just right looking great! bigger pic would be great so I could see & learn.
    Lots of cool goodies here the SM head the barbies....
    I am in the process of re working Fire with Alfonso\'s help and putting together another big un. Its a secret :D

I am in the process of re working Fire with Alfonso\'s help and putting together another big un. Its a secret :D
    Tracy I look forward to your rework especially with the coaching from Alfonso.. must be nice to have a mentor :)

The other work here.. really nice stuff. I really like Tonys blends on his scalemail. Reminds me of the colors titanium takes on when its heated and cooled.

@grumb lol srry man if you already knew ill try and get some larger pics just my painting isnt as fine as all you guys =D

Originally posted by Tony Manero
    (an early pic made to show the other side)

newest pic

the imperial guard captain... on the left side he\'ll have a brazier osl

that is really impressive nice painting and nice photos