Does Green Stuff disolve when stripping paint?

Thread: Does Green Stuff disolve when stripping paint?

Sturmhalo

Default Does Green Stuff disolve when stripping paint?

A trading pal of mine has just asked me if green stuff is affected by paint stripper. I don\'t know what exactly the guy\'s using to strip paint either, but does anything corrode hardened green stuff?

???

I dont know any chemical substance(except acid) who can corrode the Green stuff when it is dry. Your friend can peel of his paint without problem with acetone or white spirit.

Gael :D

Big Mean Elf

Default Bewear Gas Types

Hay Buds...Uhh G Man is right,but there are things that can cuase it to come off metal....like if we are talking a converted figure.
    So tell your freind if he is useing petroliume based stripper,DO NOT soak the figure more then a day,or the GS may \'pop\' off.

:]:D

yeah Big,the green do not dissolve but it detaches from the mini :(

One thing I noticed with my minis is that the paint comes off the metal easier than the GS. I use a mix of cleaners (bleach, pinesol, ammoina) which makes the paint come off in thin globs. Don\'t know why this is, but may be due to the fact GS has a more pourous surface to stick to.

Coyote-Head

C,

You are going to kill yourself by mixing bleach and ammonia (no really). It releases deadly clorine gas. Many a novice home cleaner has passed out or worse doing that.

Just soak your minis in \"Simple Green\" for 24 hours. Then some running water and an old toothbrush and you\'re done. Plus, they smell minty fresh, and won\'t kill you.

And the green stuff can soften a bit if you leve them in SG too long.

D~

Default DO NOT MIX CLEANERS OR STRIPPING AGENTS!!

That\'s totally unsafe and uncool. You can kill yourself doing that. Especially with crap like bleach and ammonia.:|~

I just started using a powerful gel-like furniture finish stripper on some old metal models. The conversions fell apart yet the GS and BS did not dissolve, but anything plastic did! The GS will pop off (especially on overnight soaks) but is still firm.

Peace!
    Saxonangel