PURE MADNESS! ITALIAN GW MASOCHISM!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PURE MADNESS! ITALIAN GW MASOCHISM!

Default PURE MADNESS! ITALIAN GW MASOCHISM!

http://it.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.it?do=Individual&code=COMP02SC004&orignav=9

75 EUROS ?????????????????????

Damn you use barely 1/10000 of the pieces u order!!!! :flame::flame::flame:

(ps the conversion sucks IMHO :D)

Its not bad. But I think I can do better.

I think 75 euros is like $150 oz dollars (or is it the other way?) Either way too much

Im with ebbon I recon I could do better.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

*ahem*

lollollollollollollol

seriously... :rolleyes:

(hey, a picture does say more than 1000 words...)

Maybe its meant to be a joke? :rolleyes:???lol

I always thought the point with conversions was to make something unique. ???

What\'s the point with this? This is basically a multipart mini they\'re selling, but you have to cut the parts off other minis yourself and you have to pay 10 times the money.... ??? The only extras you\'re getting is some left over junk and an empty wallet.

New marketing plan: sell the same parts over and over, supposedly to be assembled in different configurations....

Hasn\'t that been done before? hmmmm

Ah yes! LEGOs!!!

75 euros....

the funny thing: for the eagle thing on the head u have to order a 15 euros sprue :D

for something they\'re selling for 75 euros, you\'d think they\'d paint it better :(

oh but we have a lot of special gw offers :D
    http://it.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.it?do=Individual&code=WEB022&orignav=301466
    http://it.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.it?do=Individual&code=WEB011&orignav=301466

angron and sanguinius 40-50 euros... sanguinius is really chubby and clumpsy :D

You will be supprised as to how many of these they might sell.Its there because someone probably askedd about them more than once. Plus keep in mind your getting lots of extra bits to use on other conversions.

But still pricy :)

Wait. Didn\'t a CMONer already do this Sanguinus?

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    But still pricy :)
    Bit of an understatement there!

Personally I think that they are taking the Rip out of their customers.
    To purchase that little lot will provide you with a lot of wasted parts, not just spares.

It\'s basically a taunt to get little Johnny (or in this case Giannini) to cough up cash with the expectation that after a total 3 months of painting they can create these conversions.

Originally by Ebonbuddha
    Wait. Didn\'t a CMONer already do this Sanguinus?
    Probably where they got the idea from.

I think you are being waaay too cynical.

Conversion Corner has been cranking out overpriced suggestions for miniatures for ages but it\'s not really to do with the evil paymasters at GW wanting to fleece people. In fact it stems from an act of GW generosity to its staff - the discount.

The conversions are models that have been made by staff, and becoming a kit was probably not the main motivation behind it. Staff members get big discounts, particularly when buying parts, so the models work out really pricey in the retail world. To the Direct Sales guy who made it it\'s a great model at a reasonable price but seen like this at non discount price it is a rather scary price tag.

Some better selection criteria should perhaps have been used for the conversions made into kits, but you don\'t have to buy them do you?

Yet more evidence that they\'re just a set of cretins.

Here here.

Drink. :flip::bouncy::flip::bouncy:

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Yet more evidence that they\'re just a set of cretins.

Well GW has not invented the hobby.
    GW has not invented serial casting.
    GW does not have the best minis.

But they\'re marketing geniuses.
    And they make a lot of money, from THAT

Warhammer is a cash generating plot of microsoftian proportion, now that conversion kit is just another way to make money from old work.
    And money it will make.

Unlike folks on CMON, most GW hobbyist are too lazy to think of conversions on their own, and even more to make anything from scratch. So they will buy.
    A great lot of them are spoiled kids that will buy it with their old folk\'s money, so why would they care.

While other miniature company rely on a core of veteran, dedicated hobbyist to buy their high-quality stuff, GW knows to rely on spoiled kids and cheesy marketing.
    Works for them.

This is one of my \"pet peeves\" concerning GW. I\'m fine with them being a company and only wanting to make money. I dont really expect anything else from a company...anyway. MORONIC conversions like this. Why does EVERY freaking conversion they do assume that everyone who reads a WD article or goes to the online store or the black gobbo or whatever has an infinate pocket book or an infinate bitz box? It\'s just a total waste of freaking space IMO. \"Here\'s an easy way to make [insert unit name here]\" if you happen to own at least 2 of every unit ever produced by GW. It ties in with their \"painting\" articles...why not just call them a list of GW paints that were used...calling it a class doesnt change what it is. Plus most of the time you can tell they didnt even use GW paints, or not how they listed anyway. In general, their \"hobby\" stuff just annoys me.

Well... they\'re only going to make money from them if they actually sell them. I can\'t imagine that this is going to be a bestseller to be honest.

Gotta agree with you, EricJ, they could have painted it better.

Seems like alot of sprues for just a few parts. What will they think of next....:]