PURE MADNESS! ITALIAN GW MASOCHISM! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PURE MADNESS! ITALIAN GW MASOCHISM!

This thread is a bit ridiculous to me, I have to agree with Jambot13\'s comments.

This isn\'t some major release that GW are expecting loads, or even lots of people to buy. They\'re just giving the parts list needed to recreate the model that one of their staff made. I know I do a lot of conversions that use parts from sprues, but that\'s mainly because I have the parts left over from something else. I guess this guy probably did the same, rather than specifically using parts from expensive sprues so that GW could make a lot of money from the conversion kit.

Obviously a lot of people subscribe to the \'evil empire\' theory. But I think you are reading way to much into this. Its just a parts list for a conversion. Most people would probably use it to see what the thing ws made from, perhaps substituting for bits they do have spare, rather than buying the whole lot just for this model

Unlike folks on CMON, most GW hobbyist are too lazy to think of conversions on their own, and even more to make anything from scratch
    That\'s rather insulting, and I would also say untrue. You only need to go to a grand tournament to see some amazing armies with fantastic conversions and paintjobs galore. Also, makes it sound like you can\'t be a member of CMON and a GW hobbyist at the same time ???

Sorry if I\'ve sounded like a major GW fanboy in this, but I see way to many of these kinds of threads, many of them with extremely weak reasons for hating GW.

Games workshop prices are getting pretty ridiculous but this must rank up there
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99199999022&orignav=30 0810
    My set of windser and newton kolinsky sable brushes came to under half that amount.

Default hmmm

I always imagined Angron to be larger, mutated more like Ang\'grath the unbound or something; afterall..he\'s a demon prince primarch now.

oh well.

Sanjay

Message original : StarFyre
    I always imagined Angron to be larger, mutated more like Ang\'grath the unbound or something; afterall..he\'s a demon prince primarch now.
    I think it\'s supposed to be a vision of him during the Heresy, before he became à demon prince. He doesn\'t really match the artwork that has been done though.

Default They used to do a lot of this sort of thing on the USA site...

This smacks of desperation however...:(

Yeah. Someone pointed that out months ago. But its still up. I wonder which fanboys bought some?

Originally posted by ronin412
    Games workshop prices are getting pretty ridiculous but this must rank up there
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99199999022&orignav=30 0810
    My set of windser and newton kolinsky sable brushes came to under half that amount.

You pay more for the wooden box and the fine cloth than for the brushes^^

Unlike folks on CMON, most GW hobbyist are too lazy to think of conversions on their own, and even more to make anything from scratch
    -------------------------------------------------
    That\'s rather insulting, and I would also say untrue. You only need to go to a grand tournament to see some amazing armies with fantastic conversions and paintjobs galore. Also, makes it sound like you can\'t be a member of CMON and a GW hobbyist at the same time

Sorry if I\'ve sounded like a major GW fanboy in this, but I see way to many of these kinds of threads, many of them with extremely weak reasons for hating GW.
    Agreed I was generalizing a bit too much here. Hell, I don\'t hate GW, in fact I paint and play their minis.

But, if it is true that there are a lot of great hobbyist that work with GW products, and they do a good job at advertising these, but
    I stand by my point in that, the greater part of the clientele is composed of lazy spoiled daddy\'s kids.

Now I don\'t want to insult anybody, if you\'re into GW and do care about the hobby, you\'re probably way better than me. But the thing is GW is not relying on YOU to make their money.

I know a dozen warhammer players in my region, and I\'m the only one who gives a rat\'s ass about the hobby; they bough at least 2000pts bare each, that\'s a lot of money, and no painting. How many people would buy Rackam\'s or Reaper\'s if not intending to paint them?

Now, as long as we agree on loving and respecting the hobby, we are all friends here, are we not?

Yeah pitiful minis. When will GW finally realize that they NEED to make primarch minis.

I guess my favorite thing about the brush set is the drybrushing brushes. If you\'re doing competition minis, what are the chances you\'ll be doing much drybrushing?

Well, GW have never made Primarch minis (or anything from the Horus Heresy for that matter) because their main focus is their games and I think their policy is to only make minis that are usable in them.

Then again, with the release of the \'Collectors Series\' Gotrek and Felix model set, we may be seeing a change in this, those models are a different scale to GW\'s normal ranges, so they\'re definately not menat for the games at all

Originally posted by KingM
    Well, GW have never made Primarch minis (or anything from the Horus Heresy for that matter) because their main focus is their games and I think their policy is to only make minis that are usable in them.
    I seem to remember they did a Leman Russ figure a long time ago. He came with two wolves and was...well...a little weedy for a primarch. As for the topic in hand, it IS expensive just to get the parts to make those particular models, but i think people are over-reacting just a wee bit. As for the comments about the number of GW hobbyists being spoilt little daddy\'s boys...well I know where you are coming from, but certainly in my area those types are in the minority not the majority.

Originally posted by hakoMike
    New marketing plan: sell the same parts over and over, supposedly to be assembled in different configurations....

Hasn\'t that been done before? hmmmm

Ah yes! LEGOs!!!
    Bite. Your. Tongue.

LEGO bricks (aka \"LEGOs\") are one of the best toys ever created, almost infinitely reusable and reconfigurable, an incredible boost to the imagination and a hell of a lot of fun. Their business model is nothing like this. This is taking \"rammage\" to a new and bizarre level.

Originally posted by QuietiManes
    This is one of my \"pet peeves\" ...\"Here\'s an easy way to make [insert unit name here]\" if you happen to own at least 2 of every unit ever produced by GW. It ties in with their \"painting\" articles...why not just call them a list of GW paints that were used...calling it a class doesnt change what it is. Plus most of the time you can tell they didnt even use GW paints, or not how they listed anyway. In general, their \"hobby\" stuff just annoys me.
    Reminds me of the old days where they\'s show some fantastic studio painted model (obviously blended and washed with multiple shades and hues) and the tutorial attached would say \"basecoat with Red Gore, shade with bestial brown and drybrush with red gore/skull white\". Utter bullshit of course, and I could not figure out HOW Mike McVey got such smooth highlights from \"drybrushing\"... very frustrating for a novice painter! :flame:

And of the minis you\'ve painted, 4/5 are GW. I think that makes you a GW hobbyist, which can easily be a \'folk\' on CMON, too. Out of all the mini\'s I\'ve done, one hasn\'t been GW- but now, guess what? None of minis go without conversion and a little green stuff here and there. My friend (whos only ever done GW minis) also converts almost every mini, and my other friend is 14 and a better converter and painter than many adults on CMON (including you).

Dark Zealot Studios

Originally posted by dougaderly
    I guess my favorite thing about the brush set is the drybrushing brushes. If you\'re doing competition minis, what are the chances you\'ll be doing much drybrushing?
    I have 3 Demons now and every one has dry brushing on the bases (sand):P:D

Marmoset

Originally posted by GreenOne
    Unlike folks on CMON, most GW hobbyist are too lazy to think of conversions on their own, and even more to make anything from scratch.
    Utter bollocks. I am both a GW hobbyist and a CMoNer, and all my minis on this site have been slightly converted, and one almost scratchbuilt. That was a very stupid thing to say, green :]