Forgeworld Collectors Series

Thread: Forgeworld Collectors Series

Default Forgeworld Collectors Series

Does anyone know how tall the Gilead figure is? It doesn\'t say on the website...I\'m gagging to give it a go... great model :)

It\'s 5inches with the rocks, just the figure is 4 inches. I really enjoyed painting mine, pics are in my gallery, just browse under KingM

Default It\'s a nice sculpt

but for £39 it came in minimal packaging with quite a lot of pin-holes, in my casting at least. I also think they might have cast the fragile parts - bow, arm, sword etc - in metal instead of resin without denting their sizeable profit margin.

I picked mine up from GW HQ, so the packaging wasn\'t a problem. I diasgree about cating the fragile bits in metal. Resin is brittle it\'s true, but metal bends a lot, so as long as you are careful the bow and sword should be fine. And it is a display piece, so knocks are less likely to happen than on a gaming model.

Incidentally Beelzebrush, the model comes with an alternative hand holding the bow, so you can change the pose, but you then have to fill in a whole on his cloak where the bow normally goes.

KingM... I just looked and you made a great job on Gilead.

It\'s a shame that the middle of the shield is under the cloak.. would have lent itself to a bit of a mural type painting. Still a great fig though. Thanks for the info on the size guys :) I\'ll order it later in the week

Originally posted by KingM
    Resin is brittle it\'s true, but metal bends a lot, so as long as you are careful the bow and sword should be fine.
    Yeah, it also bends back - something resin doesn\'t - but anyway enjoy:P