Cool workspace or not ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool workspace or not ?

Default Cool workspace or not ?

Hi Y\'all, I once again bow low before your skills:flip:

I was getting bored so I though, let\'s throw a little thread...

I remember seeing this in some BlacGobbo article, about GW\'s pro and their worspaces.
    I found it inspiring and fun, got some nice ideas for my own there...

So what about CMONers, what does your workspace look like? What do you use for lighting? What\'s you background noises like?

I\'d like too see...

As for myself, I\'m actually quite lucky, my friend/neighbor/hobby buddy has an extra room and by puting his old stuff together with mine and putting some effort into buying some new, we got around with a pretty complete workspace, more than my skills deserves in fact, lol.

So here is GBLAW Studio:

My friend is kind of a cleaning freak, so it has to remain neat and tidy, which is a good thing. Much of the stuff has been bought in dollars stores, wall-mart and such, so we each threw about 50$ in all, such store are a
    great place to get great/okay stuff for cheap, anything but brushes...

So, what about you?

So neat, I refuse to believe it lol

So, where do you rest your arm... Must say you make out the most of your space!

You got a GW paint station, I see, or maybe you made it yourself ( Less costy, indeed.)
    Think it is worth the price? ( Like, 50$...)

well, heres mine, it was a bit hard to photo, the reason being its in a cove of sorts, the pictures dont show the 3rd wall but theres a wall on all 3 sides of the photo. which is neat for me, also the chair does stay in that position for painting because its facing a tv in the main area.
    a great friend of mine bought me the vallejo game color set which is my pride n joy.

whoa!

Greenone, I think that would be clean enough to eat or do surgery on! (whichever you\'d prefer!)

Blog Entries

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    So neat, I refuse to believe it lol
    Mine is that neat when my wife gets to it and doesn\'t let me use it.

Previous versions of the same thing:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=11948

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1897

Never used imageshack before . If it works you will see a spot on the left of the desk at the front , its about 3\" by 5\" just enough space for a mini :P painting it is another matter :)

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resized8ry.jpg

ive spotted vallejo paints but cant see the painting area

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

bit messy.

From SuperVike:
    Greenone, I think that would be clean enough to eat or do surgery on! (whichever you\'d prefer!)
    I did! Except some paris plaster poisoning the patient turned out okay lol

From James Seq:
    ive spotted vallejo paints but cant see the painting area
    I figure the paint space is at the right of the comp. besides the black mug, just under April ( Is that her?)
    Do I win a prize ?

@johnboyjib: Yeah. I figured I surely was not the first to think of that thread, and It\'s not too old either... Guess I came late:rolleyes:

I refuse to photograph my workspace on the grounds that the Health and Welfare Bureau might see it and shut me down.

Default A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind....

Blimey Greenone - how many pots of Testors paints do you have ??? At least that\'s what they look like to me!

I have a really nice painting desk, loads of space too. Decided to dedicate the spare bedroom to the hobby - what\'s the point of having all that space go to waste huh?

Avicenna and I each have a desk, side by side, with a tower of plastic drawers in between full of basing mats, tools, and other bits and bobs. There is also a table with one of those painty carousel thingys for us to share the paints.

My desk is mainly covered in (unpainted) minis - have rather a lot of those unfortunately :( Guess I\'d better start doing something with them.... :rolleyes:

PS I\'m at work so will have to post up a pic later :D

Here\'s some older pictures of my studio----I\'ve installed cabinets and such now....but you can get the general idea.

Enjoy,
    Kev

Blimey Greenone - how many pots of Testors paints do you have ??? At least that\'s what they look like to me!
    All in all paints: Starter GW kit, Old ans New, I don\'t Intend on getting more.
    A lot of DecoArt colors, which do the trick for now.
    Testors I have maybe ten colors ( 3 flat black, 3 flat whites, coz they go fast.), some crazy reds and purples!
    The rest ( Upper spicerack.) are Testor\'s Enamel, but I don\'t use those ( They\'re for my friend\'s AirBrush, I think.)

The plastic drawer tower is the next thing I need to get, besides a good neon.

@Rodnick, your studio seems incredibly complete, I\'m envious^^

Here\'s what I\'m up to (thank you greatly. ;) )

That\'s my $10 melamine Ikea desk, BTW. (I LOVE the as is department)

@Orchid_Noir - that top picture of the two looks like you\'re painting in heaven, a place of white goodness where there are no walls and where your shelves hover around you, always just in reach lol

Or maybe it was inside a spaceship?

:]

My paint space is titchy so I won\'t bother with a picture. Just imagine a really small place and you\'re probably halfway there :D

I think I already posted a pic of mine a while ago:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/minimaker/temp/workspace.jpg

Even though I\'m at this moment mostly working downstairs in front of the tv with my sculpting stuff in a tray (good thing of sculpting - stuff is easy to carry around since you don\'t need much. :) )

OrchidNoir: I have the same lamp as you! Isn\'t that awesome?!?

Thats great stuff all!

Rodnik....are those tables attached to the wall? This is exactly what I want to do in my painting room. Very cool!