Salute 2006
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salute 2006

Default Salute 2006

Salute

Anyone going?

Shaz

god no! with all those good companies there, i\'ll be broke by the end of it!!

actually, i am working the night before and don\'t get off \'till 9am. otherwise, i would have been sorely tempted

Ok People That I know will be going:

Fluffy, (Alison Mcvey), Mike McVey will be there at Privateer Press Money To Be Spent
    Mrika Crocodile Games Money To Be Spent
    Tooshy
    Avicenna,
    Minimaker
    Cindy Dukino
    Orb (90% chance).
    Me , My dad (I\'m being Chaperoned) lol
    My mate Paul

As always there is a huge amount of stalls, Including:-
    Ainsty
    Foundry Miniatures,
    Figures In comfort,
    Freebooter (Werner Klocke will be there Que Wayne\'s World We\'re not worthy moment),
    Hasslefree miniatures,
    Atenociti\'s Worskshop (More Money To Be Spent)
    Rackham (More Money To Be Spent)

I promised Cindy and Ming Hua a cup of tea if we bumped into each other.
    But if anyone else recognises me Say Hi. I don\'t bite, well not too often. ;):D

mmmm wasn\'t too sure I\'d go, but it\'s so nice to be mentioned, I just might!!!! lol

The day after is a model show in Hinkley I was thinking of going to........it\'s either train to london or drive up to Hinkley; not sure i\'d get away with both, so it\'s kinda 50%

too far for me i\'m afraid.

without a car it costs too much to get there.

hope every one has fun.

I might be. About 70/30 that i will be going. It will be a first for me. :)

Edited: Flights cost around £25.00 from Blackpool to London. Takes an hour. YES! I hate long journeys.

Somebody buy Mike a bacon butty for me please.

Sorry to say its too far for me but I will be there in pewter and paint form on the Hasslefree stand. Apparently I have quite a collection there.:D

Well I will be there at the rackham?UKCORD stand, so see you there.

Come have a chat:)

Anyone know of a cheap Inn for the night?
    Looks like if i do go then i will be on my own. I can get lost in a paper bag whilst holding a map of the bag so this should be fun. But yeah if anyone knows of a good, cheap place to crash that would be great.

\"But yeah if anyone knows of a good, cheap place to crash that would be great.\"

Hampstead Heath.:moon::o

Thanks Klute. I will check it out today. ;)

I\'d check out the old docks, they are a bit closer to Excel!! (I\'m sure you could curl up in the bottom of a barge or something lol)

Shaz

Wow Fizl You have only met me once but you know me sooo well :D Still can\'t decide which place to crash or sleep rough but its looking more certain that i will be there :)

Originally posted by Klute
    Somebody buy Mike a bacon butty for me please.
    Hey cheers Mark!

Sorry to say its too far for me but I will be there in pewter and paint form on the Hasslefree stand. Apparently I have quite a collection there.:D
    Looking forward to seeing them IRL.
    Originally by Darkartminiatures
    Flights cost around £25.00 from Blackpool to London.
    FOXTROT! We\'re flying from Manchester. Not telling you the cost as I\'m sulking now.:(

Made an oppointment over at the forum of doom to meet up 12.00 at the stand of Hasslefree. Shall we make this the CMON meet as well?
    Possible second rendezvous: exit at 17.00.

Darkartminiatures, Cindy and I are staying at the globetrotters Inn (http://www.globetrotterinns.com/). Not the closest or cheapest but if you\'re still looking for a place you could check if they have beds left.

Bye, Ming-Hua

Thanks for the link minimaker. I\'m a little late though as there are only \'share 4 rooms\' available and I\'m not sure I\'d like the fact of sleeping in the same room of another possible three strangers....plus my wife reckons i snore but i don\'t believe her :) Looks like I will be on my own though has to of my mates have decided not to come. (this is the point where your supposed to feel sorry for me) :) Anyway yeah I\'m still looking for a box to sleep in. ;)

Originally posted by darkartminiaturesI\'m a little late though as there are only \'share 4 rooms\' available
    Hehe, it\'s a backpackers. Not a hotel. :) Being a former backpacker I still like going to these places while I\'m not too old to look out of place. Shared rooms are a great means to meet other travellers and share stories and tips. :)

Originally posted by minimaker
    Made an oppointment over at the forum of doom to meet up 12.00 at the stand of Hasslefree. Shall we make this the CMON meet as well?
    Sounds good, Mini\'s, nice people and lunch. Works for me!
    Seeing as this is all on one floor bumping into people will be easier.
    Oh Camera alert I\'m bringing mine along so be prepared to be \"shot\", especially as I\'m going to try for some candids of CMOn\'ers indulging in their addiction. ;) :D

Possible second rendezvous: exit at 17.00.
    Might only have time for a meet & greet then as we\'ll have to get to Heathrow for 8PM.

Bye, Ming-Hua