cadian figs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cadian figs

syco-pyro

Default cadian figs

i saw the new cadian figs and i was suprised. the figs look really nice exept for the helmets. personaly i think the new helmets are stupid looking and ugly! am i the only one that thinks this????

Default ?.?.?

Probably.
    Most people (including me) seem to think they are really cool. What have you got against them?
    ???

i think they look ok. a bit bulky perhaps but other than that, they look ok to me. could do with a little more variety with the un helmeted heads though

i have just bought the new box - cool. i see what you mean about the helemts though. they do seem a little cumbersome. the little box bit on the back makes it i think. i still like them though

If you ask any Cadian I\'m sure you\'ll find that they prefer a bulky helmet (ahem...) to being shot in the noggin!:D

well, indeed, who wouldn\'t? (a catachan maybe)

Default Bulky helmets save lives

My personal helmet is pretty bulky. This is so that comms equipment can fit underneath it. Add NVGs and fistfuls of grass, leaves and moss to break up the outline and it looks a damn sight sillier than the Cadians.

Well done GW for putting practicality over aesthetics for once!

Regards

Robey

Treacherous_1

i think the new cad figs are great, including the helmets! you dont win wars by wearing the best looking outfit! its based more on the technology, strategy and practicality! amongst other things im sure but the way you look isnt one of them! actually in the war in Iraq did you see the British/American (cant remember which now) soldier who took a shot in the head but his helmet saved him. i bet you he was glad for a bulky helmet! lol

Shroud

I like everything about those new Cadian models, personally :)

Default Actually...

...the one thing that does bug me is that one in five of my Cadians seems to have his helmet chin-strap undone. If Cadians are so damn professional, then they\'d know that that\'s the fastest way to lose your lid in a fire-fight.

Treacherous_1

Default lol

Well, if you have a look at the spare helmet that comes with the sprues then you\'ll find that they are a very tight fit anyway (actually dont fit! but we asume this to be padding). so once those helmets have been wedged on, they are not gonna come off in the heat of battle whether they are fastened or not.;)

all adds to the image. personally i prefer a characterful unit than a unit full of cloned soldiers.

Trust me, no matter how tight your helmet is (short of cutting off circulation to your scalp), it\'ll come off if you have to take a dive. This is why you should always buckle up your bike helmet :) But hey these are minis, looks are more important than practicality here. I think the new Cadians are fine, though I wish I had some of the old ones...

Treacherous_1

Default yeah!

i agree i did like the old ones too, especially the old lieutenant.

but you can still order those from GW. theyr\'e not even in the archives.

U are right ! I thought it looked bloody stupid too! The imperial eagle is too big, it\'s like Macdonalds crew with a very BIG \"M\" on top of their hats! My pal thought so and he really think of filing the helmet logo flat. Otherwise, every thing looks fine...

Originally posted by syco-pyro
    i saw the new cadian figs and i was suprised. the figs look really nice exept for the helmets. personaly i think the new helmets are stupid looking and ugly! am i the only one that thinks this????

Treacherous_1

Default Quality or what!!

seen the new cadian heavy weapons?? ive just got mine today and they are quality!

there are endless possiblities for conversions. you get 3 of each weapon, and there are 5 different weapons altogether. so if you can make that simple calculation thats 15 heavy weapons for £20!!! bargain!!!

ok i missed out the fact that you only get a crew of 6 men but what the hey! so yes you only have enough men to operate 3 heavy weapons. but thats not a bad thing for us who want to convert.

in all i think for the amount of plastic that you get for your money its a bargain. and i congratulate GW on a very good item.

RabidDragon

Have the Heavy Weapons Box and new Codex been released to stores yet? I\'m going crazy driving up to the store and then finding that they\'re not in yet.

Treacherous_1

Default hmm.

dunno about the stores, i ordered mine from the mail order. actually they had sold out at the time i phoned and warned me of it being delayed of up to 2 weeks. in the end it came just 2 days later. cant be bad?:P

Default Making the most out of your Cadians

Originally posted by Treacherous_1

......there are endless possiblities for conversions. you get 3 of each weapon, and there are 5 different weapons altogether. so if you can make that simple calculation thats 15 heavy weapons for £20!!! bargain!!!

ok i missed out the fact that you only get a crew of 6 men but what the hey! so yes you only have enough men to operate 3 heavy weapons. but thats not a bad thing for us who want to convert.......
    1 box of heavy weapons = 3 heavy weapons and 12 left over weapons.

1 box of Cadian troopers - 20 guardsmen or 2 squads of 10 men with a special weapon - no heavy weapon (Remember that there might be extras if you decide to use the metal melta gun or metal plasma gun. Also, if you substitute out two guardsmen from the squad for a heavy weapons team - there will be more left over guardsmen)

Just buy another box of basic Cadian troopers. Make up the missile launcher on standing Cadians and that will leave the bi-pods for the mortars. Use some more standing Cadians for the mortar crew (they don\'t need to be kneeling) and you\'ll have 9 heavy weapons teams....

.... and you\'re only needing 12 more Cadians to convert into the last heavy weapons. Substitute a standing guardsman as the loader on the first three heavy weapons and you\'ll end up getting two heavy weapons squads with a kneeling firer/standing loader. After you\'ve done this, you\'ll only need 6 men to create the final heavy weapons squad - use some of the substituted guardsmen from your basic squads and start converting!!

To sum it all up:

2 boxes of basic troopers
    1 box of heavy weapons
    and maybe some metal special weapons.....

.....will give you two squads of guardsmen (with special weapon and heavy weapon) plus 3 heavy weapons squads!!

I hope this makes sense. If I\'ve confused you, have a think about it - play with the numbers on paper and you\'ll see what I mean.

syco-pyro

i havent been on in a while so sorry i didnt reply it just look\'s like they need to put those things on witha sledge hammer
    and when they take em\' off they probly go \'pop\' i liked the old ones like from aleins and HALO! (although HALO came after both)(did anyone see the awsome new HALO trailer? {why do they still call it HALO if its on earth?} its so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flip:

those new heavy weapon plastics kick ass. fair play. and buying 2 boxes of basic guys and converting htem with the box of heavies seems such an obvious idea that i bet loads of people missed it. nice one big red!