CMON6 - Alejandra Painting Contest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMON6 - Alejandra Painting Contest

Default CMON6 - Alejandra Painting Contest

CMON6

Alejandra is the 6th CMON contest miniature. Alejandra measures 32mm tall. This is exciting news as Steve Buddle is back on sculpting again, and to start off his new range, here is the beautiful Alejandra. To celebrate this release, we are offering this exclusive miniature at 10% off for the first month and will be using this miniature for the CMON painting contest.

Contest will begin as soon as the miniature becomes available. Contest ends on 5/31/06 at midnight Eastern standard time. Voting will last until 6/30/06 at midnight Eastern standard time.

Contest Rules:

1) You can order and enter as many times as you like, but all the pictures of your entries must be hosted on CMON\'s server. External links are no longer accepted for competition purposes.

2) Conversions, scenic bases and dioramas are welcomed.

3) When submitting your entry, make sure you put CMON6 Contest as your entry title.

Prizes:

1) The top 10 scoring entries will receive the next contest miniature for free.

2) Top 5 entries will be included in the next CMON annual. (provided we receive appropriate high resolution pictures meeting our requirements when we contact you)

* Sculpted by Steve Buddle

* Studio paintjob by Steve Buddle

I love the model and plan to purchase one, but why the 3 dollar price increase? His figs where never this expensive.

Hmmm, does seem a little expensive, but when I think about it, reaper are a similar price here and GW are more expensive and its a REALLY nice mini.

I\'ll be getting a couple (already have an idea for a conversion...)

Originally posted by beowulfthehunter
    I love the model and plan to purchase one, but why the 3 dollar price increase? His figs where never this expensive.
    I don\'t consider this expensive!
    In comparison to the prices of GW you\'re getting a better quality sculpting and supporting a CMON member.

Oh And my hat\'\'s in the ring for this one. :D

Originally posted by beowulfthehunter
    Well, my figures had always been smaller (this one is a good deal chunkier and taller than most of the Spyglass pieces) and in one piece. Production costs are higher now and Coolmini have their cut of the cash. Plus I spent a lot longer sculpting this piece than most of my previous Spyglass work.

Shouldn\'t that be 5/31/06 and 6/30/06

Unfortunately I probably won\'t have time to paint her before that date. :( Well well.

Originally from Beowoulfthehunter
    love the model and plan to purchase one, but why the 3 dollar price increase? His figs where never this expensive.

Discount rate $8.99 United States Dollars (USD) = £5.12370 United Kingdom Pounds (GBP)
    Standard rate $9.99 (USD) = £5.69301 (GBP).

Bleeding steal at either of those prices! :D

Default very cool mini!

A bargain if you ask me!

Very nice miniature indeed!

I\'d buy one but I don\'t have a credit card. Girlfriend wisely won\'t let me get one.

I\'ll be keen to see the comp entries.

OOOooohhhh... a CMON competition to join! Yay! I know I won\'t win, but I can\'t wait to see how my mini looks in comparison! wooohooo!

Oh, and nice mini too.

Ok, my order is in!
    I want to see more and more miniatures sculpted by Steve in future I have supported his creations in the past because I like his works (and because I consider him a friend) ;)

While I think it\'s expensive (but then I hate paying more than $1 for a mini) I will still buy one because it\'s such a darn good mini and I have a great plowshares vision for her.
    Though I don\'t know if I will have time to paint her for the contest - not that it matters as I haven\'t a snowball\'s chance in hell of winning.

Ordered one, will be participating...
    It\'s my first CMON competition, so it\'s interesting and surely challenging too. I can\'t wait to get to painting this thing. :)

Always the optimist, I\'ve ordered 2 :D

Odds on me getting either of them painted in time for the contest: <50%

:rolleyes:

Kinda $$$... but I\'ll probably get one. I am kind of stalled right now bc everything I am painting is not very appealing. I need a boost

Granted I was the first to gripe about the price, but I did order one. I am a hige fan of his work, specily his 54mm =][= to bad GW killed and raped that game.

I to have no chance of winning, but I will compete.

Well, I ordered mine.
    $25 for 3 minis.
    That\'s almost as much as I spent on my 3000+ High Elf army.

Geez guys no wonder he independants find it hard to make a living doing this stuff. You seem to think doing everything yourself and not mass producing should decrease the price???

Now in stock! arrived 6 days ahead of schedule. Buddle is the man :) Beautiful sculpt... all pre-orders are shipping today. They are selling fast. If you don\'t want to wait for restock, get them while we have them!

Originally posted by DrEvilmonki
    Geez guys no wonder he independants find it hard to make a living doing this stuff. You seem to think doing everything yourself and not mass producing should decrease the price???
    Whereas the reality is that it just increases the profit margin per figure (and it does). That may seem to mean that we can make the figs cheaper but the bottom line is how many you sell. If a figure doesn\'t make you enough money to make it worthwhile sculpting it in the first place, then that\'s the reason not to bother. There\'s an assumption that us independants rake in the cash by selling thousands of these things. It\'s a rare mini that sells in those kinds of numbers. And it\'s pretty rare to even come close...

And I must say that the post office really had their finger out. I only posted the figures last wednesday. Given that there\'s a four day holiday in there I\'m well impressed :)

Now go buy figures and I\'ll make more. :D

Originally posted by borg
    Now in stock! arrived 6 days ahead of schedule.
    I got an email today saying my order has been shipped.