Hello, hello. Welcome to Miniature Exchange #8
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, hello. Welcome to Miniature Exchange #8

Default Hello, hello. Welcome to Miniature Exchange #8

Miniature Exchange #8 is officially starting and taking on everyone who wishes to join in on the fun. If this is your first time hearing about the exchange, let me give you a bit of information.

TJeffers started this up in 2004 (cheers!) as he came to notice that he had more lead (that would be miniature) laying around in his drawers than he could possibly paint and what once might of inspired him certainly didn\'t any longer. Thus inspiration hit and he decided to see about an exchange programme.

The general idea
    Essentially, a group of us get together from all over the world, dig through our piles of goodies, and ship off one or two miniatures that we\'re interested in seeing someone else paint while you in turn wait for a package from another individual with miniatures that you are supposed to paint as well.

So basically, what happens is that you put your name down for the exchange, and then when the sign-up period is over, all the names will be dumped into a hat to be drawn out randomly. The first name drawn gets to send their unloved miniatures to the second person, the second person sends to the third, and so on. At the end, the last person sends to the first. Instead of being a direct one-to-one exchange, we follow the order in which the names are drawn. It\'s almost like Christmas with the anticipation of what you\'re going to get at times.

The guidelines are fairly simple and open. First and foremost, participate and have fun. The more the merry, though we understand completely if life jumps up and you are not able to participate or finish up your miniature. It happens, try and finish it up down the road if you are able.

The Timetable
    We do this thing every three months, and here is the calendar that is currently in use.

January 21................February 12................May 13
    April 23..................May 14.....................August 12
    July 23...................August 13..................November 11
    October 22................November 12................February 11

Each exchange last for 16 weeks, the three-week sign-up period overlapping with the previous exchange. This means you should have (give or take) 10 weeks with the minis to paint them. Tell a friend to join in as well - new blood is always welcome! As long as everyone can follow a few simple rules\'

The Rulez, we gotsta \'ave dem Rulez!
    1) You must send at least one miniature, but two IS preferable. Just in case the person hates the first one, although being mini-lovers I don\'t see how that is possible. If you wish to send more that is fine, as well as sending non-minis, but make sure the first two items are normal miniatures. YOU WILL NOT GET THESE BACK, so make sure you don\'t send anything you still want. There has been a tendency to send many more than two minis, but this is unnecessary. While there is nothing wrong with this, ME is not intended to be some sort of generosity competition.

2) All miniatures must be in an untouched state. Basically, send it as you got it, in the condition it was when it was bought. The minis are NOT to be painted. This doesn\'t mean it has to be in a blister, however, just not mangled in any way.

3) If you wish to participate, you must be around. Don\'t say \'I want in\' and then disappear off the face of the Earth for a month. I\'m not saying you need to be a forum regular, but you should be checking at least this thread once a week.

4) If you do not hear from either your sender or sendee within one week of the exchange list being posted, then skip them! This works in both directions, so if your sender can\'t be contacted get in touch with the person who was to send to them. If they were able to get in touch with them, but you have not, then there is a problem and you should PM me. This has happened before.

5) You must have at least 5 posts on the forums over a period of at least a month by the start of exchange registration, and be in generally good standing with the other members of CMON. This sounds a bit harsh, but this is to weed out people from joining CMON just to grab some quick minis. This might seem like a waste of time on the surface, but some of us are mailing out $40+ worth of stuff, so that is a nice little haul for some disreputable person. However, if a forum regular is willing to vouch for the newbie, then that is quite acceptable.

6) Corns and bunions are not valid excuses for not painting. Also not accepted are; blindness, insanity or old age. Of course, if the cat eats your minis, there\'s little you can do about that.

Commentary on Rule #5
    Sorry guys, it\'s necessary to be inflexible on rule #5. Having to evaluate a new guy based on gut feel is not all too much fun. It\'s even less fun when a malaligned newbie decides to screw us around and grab some free minis: one person is left angry at sending out minis to the craplet, another gets no minis, and I\'m the one feeling responsible for it all. This may seem somewhat harsh, but we\'ve got exchange partners sending out some stunning packages of mini goodness \' this isn\'t a freebie, and there ain\'t no such thing as a free lunch.

How to sign up
    Three things are needed from you to sign up; your name, location and shipping preferences. Shipping preferences are for those who would rather not post outside of their country or continent, so if you\'re in Europe and want to post only to Europe, then please specify that. I\'m, not overly fond of this concession due to it limiting the global aspect of the ME, but some people have made use of it, so it is here to stay.

So, with those things, either reply in this thread, or PM me. I will edit the following list of participants to keep it up to date. If you have PM\'d me or replied and I have not added your name, feel free to slap me with a wet fish.

Now if you\'ll hand me my chalk, I\'ll start scratching your names down on the board just as soon as you raise your hands.

Modderrhu

[/quote]
    List of participants (last updated 2006/05/13 14:30GMT)
    I know that there are some of you who are habitual (and maniacal) exchangers of minis, and that you will most likely be taking part in this one. I\'m not forgetting you, I just don\'t want to include you in the exchange without your knowledge. You\'re not neglected, John! :)

Just to be clear, this isn\'t the final exchange list.
    Anatora...................United States of Siberia...ship anywhere
    angus147258...............United States..............ship anywhere
    beowulfthehunter..........United States..............ship anywhere
    blackfly..................United States..............ship anywhere
    calcipher.................Japan................... ...ship anywhere
    cdukino...................The Netherlands............ship anywhere
    Cesar.....................Canada.................. ...ship anywhere
    desertdragon1964..........United States..............ship anywhere
    DM of Doom................United States..............ship anywhere
    dougaderly................United States..............ship anywhere
    DragonPaint...............Italy................... ...ship anywhere
    DrEvilmonki...............New Zealand................ship anywhere
    Frustrated Father.........United States..............ship anywhere
    funnymouth................United States..............ship anywhere
    Gin1906...................United States..............ship anywhere
    hakoMike..................United States..............ship anywhere
    Hoblit....................South Africa...............ship anywhere
    ipaintminis...............United States..............ship anywhere
    jahecker..................United States..............ship anywhere
    james sequeira............United Kingdom.............ship anywhere
    johnboyjjb................United States..............ship anywhere
    leopardpixie..............United States..............ship anywhere
    marineboy.................Denmark................. ...ship anywhere
    Multifracture.............United Kingdom.............ship anywhere
    Naukhel...................Canada.................. ...ship anywhere
    No Such Agency............Canada.....................ship anywhere
    Onis Lair.................United States..............ship anywhere
    Patrick...................United States..............ship anywhere
    RedSevenBlue..............United States..............ship anywhere
    rex lyver.................United States..............ship anywhere
    Sjakkie...................The Netherlands............ship anywhere
    steelcult.................Iraq.................... ...ship anywhere
    supervike.................United States..............ship anywhere
    TAB Studio................United States..............ship anywhere
    tidoco2222................United Kingdom.............ship anywhere
    toxc......................Germany................. ...ship anywhere
    Valloa....................United States..............ship anywhere
    YoungNastyPainter.........Ireland................. ...ship anywhere

[/quote]
    The draw on 14 May
    And this here is the final list, in order of the draw.
    Multifracture
    james sequeira
    rex lyver
    desertdragon1964
    RedSevenBlue
    Patrick
    DrEvilmonki
    No Such Agency
    TAB Studio
    Anatora
    Cesar
    tidoco2222
    Onis Lair
    ipaintminis
    johnboyjjb
    toxc
    DragonPaint
    Hoblit
    Dark Seraphim
    DM of Doom
    Sjakkie
    Gin1906
    Naukhel
    hakoMike
    blackfly
    calcipher
    jahecker
    cdukino
    Frustrated Father
    supervike
    dougaderly
    marineboy
    YoungNastyPainter
    beowulfthehunter
    leopardpixie
    Valloa
    steelcult
    funnymouth
    angus147258

Just a reminder again on how this works:
    - find your name in the list
    - the person above you in the list is the person from whom you will receive minis
    - the person below you in the list is the person to whom you will be sending minis
    - PM both people. You will need to send your address to your sender, and you will need your recipient\'s address.
    - at the end of the list, wrap around. So, angus, you will be sending to Multifracture.

I\'m back in again. Still in the US and I\'ll ship anywhere. :)

Maya~

You know I\'m in!!!

Right. I\'m in the US and I will ship everywhere.

Can someone PM me and explain how this works, I am sorta incompetent. :( I would like to be in, as soon as this is explained to me in ver very simple terms.

R7B,
    Read the above post, pretty easy, say you want in, the list posts on May 14th you PM the person above you with your shipping info, then PM the person below you to ask for their shipping info, then, when you get their shipping info you send off a couple of minis you will never get around to painting, then wait for your package to arrive from the person above you. Then when you get the package paint the minis, post the results on here so we can all oooh and awwww. Easy as that.:)

Please count me in on this exchange
    As always in the US, will ship anywhere!

Gin

Right, I\'ve added this into the intro;

So basically, what happens is that you put your name down for the exchange, and then when the sign-up period is over, all the names will be dumped into a hat to be drawn out randomly. The first name drawn gets to send their unloved miniatures to the second person, the second person sends to the third, and so on. At the end, the last person sends to the first. Instead of being a direct one-to-one exchange, we follow the order in which the names are drawn.

Making sense, R7B? If not, I\'ll try some different words. You\'re more than welcome to add your name to the list. :)

Woot here we go again, R7B I Pm\'d you and I hope that my explanation was ok.

Could this possibly succeed without me???

I am, once again, in.

Ohio, U.S.A., will ship anywhere.

Will also be a resource for \"painters without partners\" again.

By the way, what\'s this all about again?

John

:flip::bouncy::flip:

Yeah, really, how does this thing work? I send an army to some one, that someone paints said army and mails it back to me? Count me in!lollollol

But seriously, folks, I\'m in, Denmark, ship anywhere.

Valloa, when did you move to the UK? ???lol

Count me in again i loved the last time!!!

UK and will ship anywhere

Originally posted by marineboy
    Valloa, when did you move to the UK? ???lol
    Wow! That was the easiest and fastest move I\'ve ever had!! Wish all moves were that easy. lol Psst. Modderrhu, United States. ;)

Maya~

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it\'s fixed, okay? Call it finger trouble. :P

And thanks for the offer again, John. Will bear that in mind. :)

And you got it right, marineboy. Just remember that you also have to paint someone else\'s army too. I\'ve got 10,000 points worth of Dark Elves just waiting for you. :P

I\'d like to be in, if thats ok.

In America, will ship anywhere with the possible exception of caves in Afghanistan.:rolleyes:

Ack! Saw you\'d posted here, and thought that one of the nobs was here to shut us down for illicit miniature trading. lol

im in and can post anywhere

btw angus is listed as in the uk

I am in again. New Zealand post anywhere.
    I will be in Germany when the actual exchange starts and wont be home until 20th MAY so whoever gets me DON\'T PANIC!

I\'M IN FOR SURE NOW THAT I GET IT!

I\'m in the US and can and probably will ship anywhere, I\'ll try atleast, not sure if UPS ships to places out of the US.

Anatora

Modderrhu, I\'m in for this one too. I am in the UUUNNNIIINNTTTEDD Ssstttaaattteeesss (that\'s US for you. I haven\'t moved either:) Will ship to anywhere.

R7B,
    It is much more cost effective and easier to ship USPS than UPS. Thats what the rest of us do.:)
    Gin