My 8 year old\'s first mini(s)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 8 year old\'s first mini(s)

Default My 8 year old\'s first mini(s)

Hi all!

a couple of weeks ago, when we were in my local GW store, my 8 year old Dylan was suddenly taken by the new tau. And who was I to discourage him!

So, he spent a weekend building (I did the bits involving knives.......!) and then painting a crisis suit and a couple of drones.
    I offered advce, but he\'s headstrong and insisted on doing it all himself!

He\'s been pushing me to take a picture, so please be so kind as to vote:
    Dylan\'s first minis

but of course I did take pics of this momentous occaision:

and tonight, he started reading the \"how to paint space marines\" book. Maybe it was a ruse to delay bedtime, but so what!

watch this space!!!

Rob (a very proud dad)

Damn. I know adults who can\'t paint this well...seriously :) Got my vote. If he keeps his interest in the hobby i think you have a little master there. Thumbs up for me ;)

Orb,
    Your son did a great job, I voted and commented! As a parent it is a wonderful feeling the first time your child picks up a brush and puts effort into painting a mini!
    Tell him to keep up the good work.
    Gin

Hooray!! Another little feller gettin into the mix! Will leave comments.

That\'s sweet that he wants to paint. Your son looks like he\'ll have some good talent developing there. That\'s a pretty darn good paintjob for his age.

Maya~

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

The drones are acually pretty good - no matter who painted them...

The suit is very good for his age. And they are all based.

Straight up - maybe a 6, +1 for age catagory and +1 for first mini.

Now, get him his own account so he can outscore you.
    lol

A family that paints together stays together....

All though that first picture looks like you the poor lad got caught doing something he shouldnt have...

lol

Great job!! The mini look great is he accepting comission work. My son was 6 when he painted his first mini. Got to start them young.

Orb tell us the truth did you hold back a tear watching him paint.

I was only 9 when I started painting. Good to see a future Slayer Sword winner!

Blog Entries

Looks great, get him painting with the right hand and he\'ll be winning Demons in no time!

OK it\'s cheesy, but someone had to say it ;)

Great work, I taught painting lessons at GW for years and there\'s a lot of teenage kids that wouldn\'t have the care or patience to finish up a model that well. Keep us posted!

another future slayer sword winner probably :D

ps 800 posts Yay! :flip::bouncy: -200 to freakiness :D

This is so wonderful. He did an amazing job!

Well done Dylan, a great start.
    Now all you have to do is get your dad to buy you some more!

Thanks all for the comments and encouragement!

He\'s been reading your comments and I can see him swelling with pride!!! :D

This is the start of something - I showed him one of Cyrils Space Marines on here with the glowing eyes - four hours later he said he think he\'d worked out how Cyril had done it!!!!! And wants to try!!! Slow down!!!

Mike - buy him some more? I\'ve got nearly 20 years of impulse bought miniatures in the house - if he really gets into it, he\'ll be in heaven.

Thanks again

ok no offence but.. 8.3 after 32 votes.. ???
    its good for his first.. but it not a 8.3

Originally posted by Sonnyslayer
    ok no offence but.. 8.3 after 32 votes.. ???
    its good for his first.. but it not a 8.3
    must be the \"cute\" factor, because it\'s not active yet! Anyone who has seen it has got to see this thread first! We know it\'s not 8.3 but I like Airhead\'s +1 age +1 first mini idea and maybe how people are voting.

I\'m sure when it goes active it will drop in score. (as someone just did; he just got s 2)

And I guess people are also being positive and encouraging a youngster to give it a go. Which I thank them for :D

Default Go For IT !!!

:D There is nothing wrong with the cute factor and encouraging the young , may be we should have a junior section on CMON ! Any way I digress , well done young man , keep going and remember your old DAD can well afford everything in the TAU world and you have picked one of the best Races to model with , dont forget those lovely KROOT ! .. GOD BLESS ..............VINCENTI lol

Originally posted by vincenti
    :D There is nothing wrong with the cute factor and encouraging the young , may be we should have a junior section on CMON ! Any way I digress , well done young man , keep going and remember your old DAD can well afford everything in the TAU world and you have picked one of the best Races to model with , dont forget those lovely KROOT ! .. GOD BLESS ..............VINCENTI lol
    dont forget all the forge world models :D

Marmoset

Excellent! Voted and commented. I started when I was 9, unfortunately no pics of me lol

happy painting

~Bill