young painters........like me!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: young painters........like me!!!

Default young painters........like me!!!

hi
    I have just been reading about Orbs son Dylan and his cool tau now i know im only 14 and not 8 years old but if there are any other younger painters put your best pics on this thread and lets show what we can do.By young i mean u16.Thanks alot to all.

ps my models are rubbish:D

http://www.coolminiornot.com/118609

http://www.coolminiornot.com/119494

http://www.coolminiornot.com/119845

Marmoset

(see signature :D)

I am 13. I have a secret project for YB this year, it will blow your minds! :cool:

Happy painting

~Bill

They look pretty good to me... not rubbish at all.

When I was your age I was painting with Testor\'s enamels and a nylon brush cut on a diagonal to attempt detail. Needless to say, your minis look much better than mine.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Finish basing the last two and they could go up another point in the scoring.

You are way ahead of where I was at 16. For that matter you are very close to me now.
    :(

Blog Entries

Honestly I don\'t know how much better I\'ve got since I was 16, technically speaking anyway. I make less mistakes and come up with better compositions on a model (in terms of color and conversions) but I haven\'t really noticed much progress in terms of blending skills, freehand or anything like that.

There will come a point when you stop painting more skilled, and just start painting smarter :D You do have very solid foundation of skills there though, you just need to refine them as far as they can go.

I\'m 13 too. Not even close to my best just the only thing on the web.

i only started to realy learn to paint when dragonsreach told me to check out cmon.

until then i didn\'t thin my paint, couldn\'t do smooth blends or do fine freehand.

now thanks to the articles and everyones helpful advice i am starting to become a decent painter.

you guys have a massive head start over a lot of us.
    take advantage of it, and practice your arse off. time reading the articles and practice at the table will pay big dividends for you. (until you come within hammers reachlol)

Angus, you have nothing to be ashamed of there. You are outpainting most of the local talent here already.

You young guys need to remember, to be ranked in the middle of CMON, is to probably be one of the beter painters locally (unless you have one of the top 100 at your FLGS)

Default for Thecadian

I saw your mini and i think that you have a good style and you\'ll become a really good artist... when i painted worse than you... keep up the good job

Marmoset

Nice work ye all... anyone like my ogre? Link is in my signature :D

yeah marmoset i love the pattern on the trousers.Im dead annoyed i wanted to try for a youngblood this year but im 15 jus before GD Grrrrrrrrrrrr

james

Marmoset - I am really liking your ogre, it looks great, I especially like your metals with the rust and weathering, very interesting and good colours! There are many good areas, but if you would like some criticism, I have a few things. I think that the skin is a little bland - there is such good work on other areas that I think the skin could do with some more work, to make it more interesting. Also, with the strong green colours of his pants and red on other areas, I think the blue skin means that there is a bit too much colour overall - more pale, earth tones would perhaps suit the scheme better. ANd the freehand - while it is good and shows you have good control, I think that it is a bit overdone - it looks a little like you area adding freehand just for the sake of it, which I think can detract from the model. So my advice would be to use freehand more sparingly, but make sure it is perfectly executed - and concentrate on good blending and nice interesting colours for more areas. Don\'t be afraid to leave sections blank, I think that will give you the opportunity to show off your real talent. But this is just my opinion of course, and only something to consider about - you are best to follow your own path and instinct I think.

And all the rest of you, excellent work! It is great to see younger painters really getting into serious painting, you will be soon be masters with the groundwork you are laying now. I wish I could have been involved in the painting community more when I was a few years younger.

Marmoset

Thank you automaton :)

Default Ogre

good job marmoset... veru good trousers and items

As others have said... definitely don\'t put your work down... you are WAY better than I was at your age... and better than many adult painters on cmon.

More than anything you minis show very nice shoice of colour and some real character... those are the hard bits that some people never get... the blending and detailing will all come with practise and the added patience of becoming an old git like some of the rest of us :-)

Keep it up.

Ben

Marmoset, you need to post a how-to on those trousers.

Marmoset

Well, it wouldn\'t make a very good article because I have no step by step pics... but I can tell you the basics :D

I started with a basecoat of thinned Dark Angels Green, then while it was still wet, added Goblin Green for the highlights. Then using Chaos Black, I made little curls, leading onto other curls, eventually (after a long time) forming a tendrilly pattern over the whole surface. Then, to unify the freehand with the base material, I gave the trousers several more washes of DA Green and re-highlighted with Goblin green. That\'s it :) quite simple really, but make sure you practice with the freehand first! A squirt of dullcote finished him off :D

Happy painting

~Bill

Default Hey guys

Hey there everyone
    Nice to see your Ogre again Marmoset! Thought I\'d just show everyone my Nurgle Lord on Daemonic Steed. My best work thus far, not a brillinat picture - only second try with a lightcube... I\'ll rephotograph and repost when I get time if the thread is still alive... :) The link is at:http://www.coolminiornot.com/114954. Looking at it again, the photo is pretty terrible, the colours didn\'t come out well. Still, you can get the idea :D Hope you like him! I\'d love some feedback on this - take into account I\'m 15, and I\'ve been doing this 2 years - I\'ve won a couple of competitions though:D - local ones though :( If anyone wants info on how I painted it I can do so - might be rambling on for a while though... Thanks for looking!

Originally posted by Marmoset
    Nice work ye all... anyone like my ogre? Link is in my signature :D
    marmoset isnt a youngblood...he has been a member since 1970, which means he is over 36 years old, at least

Originally posted by Marmoset
    (see signature :D)

I am 13. I have a secret project for YB this year, it will blow your minds! :cool:

Happy painting

~Bill
    bullshit, 13, your 40