Wyrd Painting Contest: Total Testosterone 2006 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wyrd Painting Contest: Total Testosterone 2006

A warjack is a machine as far as I know, though they do have one that has a guy in it.

Privateer Press stuff falls into the Fantasy category.

Yup, Fantasy, as it is deep in fantasy sword and sorcery with the a healthy dose of steampunk.

Sci-fi is more Shadowrun, Warhammer 40k, Starship Troopers.

Might not be the best anwer for folks, but that\'s the one I\'ve got. :D

So does the wang still have to be attached to the demon? In it\'s original (proper) place? I just want to make sure I have this straight.

I suppose you could up it on his forehead if you were really inclined.

Conversion work is more than welcome on your pieces.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:P how about just a large wang, maybe with wings....;)

oops...fallen into the gutter again lollollol

I know we need to get out of the gutter and I shouldn\'t even ask, but the 13 year old boy in me just has to ask:

Are there any model size restrictions? Will we have to measure wangspan?

Actually, I laugh, but I\'ll probably enter. Thanks for hosting contests for us!

Default Muhahhahah

I have just the mini for this! And I should get him finished already... so I\'ll enter...

Just gotta go dig him out of my coffers! :D

Actually just read up on these competitions today :D Great idea

Looking forward to your entries, gutter or not. :D

I have been asked about size restrictions before and in the past I have said \'nope, none\' but I\'ll go ahead and clarify that it should be in the \'miniature\' range and not a garage kit or a repainted statue, though personally I think there are some neat ones out there so maybe that will be for another day.

Think the largest \'minis\' out there right now are running anywhere from 72mm to 100mm which I know Reaper falls into with some of their display pieces and of course youv\'e got some GW stuff that gets up there too (among others).

@WiccanPony

Heh .. I don\'t know why, but if anyone can do a flying pecker, I\'m thinking its you. :D

There are 120 mm minis as well, but I doubt there will be any such entries.

Hi folks, thought I would drop a reminder about the contest as well as the sponsors for this time around and show off some of the goodies that we have planned to give away.

TBA - To Be Announced, on the off chance someone asks. :D

As usual, we\'ll be supporting our own contest with random prizes from our entire line of miniatures.

Manufacturers Award: We have several new miniatures lined up for the very near future. For the \'Best of Wyrd\' the winner will have their choice of two miniatures from the new upcoming releases; Leveticus - Steampunk Necromancer, Dragon Moon Princess (a working name at the moment), The Fallen Angel or The Mad Hatter.

Ann and Maya are ever generous, having supported the contest from the begining. Owning a gaming store, they have sent a broad spectrum of miniatures.

RAFM: Hussar in Busby, RAFM: Russiona Command, RAFM: Prussian Dragoon, RAFM: Cossack in Tunki and Kolpa with Lances, RAFM: Prussian Guard Cuirassie, RAFM: Guard Chasseur, RAFM: Italian Light Gun, RAFM: Bavarian Infantry, RAFM: Russian Infantry Advancing, Void: Aurelian, Void: Legionary Sergeant, Void: Legionary Thermite Lancer, Void: Larvan with Warstaff, Void: Tac Arakton Shard Bomber, Void: Assault Araktons, Void: Assault Marine Gauss Canon, Void: Maximillian Helghast, Warzone: Crescentian Prophet, Warzone: Greymourn Leader, Warzone: Fury Elite SGT, Warhammer: Bretonnian Grail Knight Champion, Warhammer: Undead Armored Skeletons, Warhammer: Ungor Skirmishers Command, Warhammer: Blood Dragon Vampire on Foot, Warhammer: Blood Dragon Vampire Mounted, Warhammer: Knight Hero, Necromunda: Pit Slave Chief, Mordhein: Marienburger Youngbloods, Warhammer 40k: Imperial Eversor Assassin, Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines (old style ones, these look great), Reaper: Treasure Hoard #1 (x2), Reaper: Magic Treasures, Reaper: King of the High Elves, Reaper: Michelle Dancingblades and Reaper: Michelle Dancing Blade (yes, two different miniatures, though only barely)

Jess, Vissarisa, Katie, Amoy, Harem Girl (x3), Concubine, Miranda (x2), Beach Babe (x2), Tiriel Standing, Tiriel Kneeling, Zombie Ray, Hanako, FF Kalee (x2), Yamcha, Imogen, Kjaran, Liralith Redoux, Osato, Gymnast, Gen, Isabelle, Gen, Svala, Heidi, Mineko, Zombie Ashlee, Kat, FF PA Libby (x2), Peter and Maria

Thomas has once again signed on to support the contest, his second time about, and is sending along his entire line of warriors and barbarians of the \'testosterone\' persuision.

Manufacturers Award: For the \'Best of Assassin\', Assassin has provided their \'Aquablade\' miniature which is a limited edition which was given out as a prize several years ago for a german painting competition. A nifty undersea mere-creature looking fella.

TBA

Freebooter Miniatures is back for a second round for the contest, sending along some of the great Werner Klocke sculpts. Succubus, Limited Edition Christmas 2005, The Pirate Queen, Chaos Demon, Vorda the Fury, Bad Fairy, Huntress and Long John the Pirate.

TBA

Once again Privateer Press has been very generous and has supported the contest with some great prizes! They have sent along; Thagrosh, Warcaster Amon and Warcaster Siege.

Manufacturers Award: For the \'Best of Privateer Press\', Adam (thanks!) has sent along a Karchev the Terrible, a whomping big miniature that MSRP\'s for $50.

TBA

TBA

Joining us for another round, Mars Ultor has sent along a great selection of miniatures as well as a large statue of a chaos warrior leaning on a pot of paint and wielding a paint brush which will be given to the winner of the Best of Show (this is a really neat statue with a display base).

A great selection of miniatures were sent along as well; Amazon riding a Panther, Orc Warboss, Orc Musician, Orc Standard Bearer, Dark Priestess, Wyvern, Dwarf Heroin and a huge boxed Nature Elemental.

Lance and Laser is supporting the contest for the very first time and they have sent along a great big box of goodies. Hero Wars: Sea Nymph, Hero Wars: Wood Nymph, Sirens, Nymphs, a limited edition of the Handmaiden of Zagzul (limited to 100 casts, sold at GenCon 2005), Warchest: Dianite Starter Set, Warchest: Dwarf Starter Set, Warchest: Goblin Starter Set, Warchest: Kotharian Starter Set, Warchest: Bandit Starter Set, Warchest: Hykolaran Starter Set. Each starter set has six miniatures.

Supporting the contest a second time around, Black Scorpion Miniatures has sent us a nice selection of miniatures from its Desolation Row line; Dwarf Noble, Seven Curses (Desire), Chef, Alfonso the Hired Gun, Guntor the Axeman and La chica dulce. Also from the Large Scale line, Achilles!

John is back to support the contest for a second time with copies of his D&D Adventure Dungeon Crawl Classics #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings and the six pregenerated character miniatures Glynn Trollbane, Chitter-Chatter the Kobold, Loros Truebow, Oddwit Silverheel the Gnome, Ubo Gutrot the Dwarf and Veiriander Lyras the Half Elf

TBA

Mike from Black Hat Miniatures is supporting the contest for the first time and with a great weight of lead that dragged itself through my door this week. Giant Tribal Martian Infantry (x2), Giant Tribal Martian Cavalry (x3 one of each variant), Giant Tribal Martian Chariot Artillery, Civilised Giant Martian (x2), Cephalod Infantry (x2), Cephalod Smoke Projector (x2), Cephalod Heatray (x2), Martian Empires Characters (x2)

Testors for the first time is supporting the contest and believe me, they are supporting it with a SERIOUS bang. THREE (each case being 24 cans) cases of Dullcoat and Glosscoat and for the Best of Show winner, The Ruby Ford diorama (their first in a new series of miniatures sculpted by Tom Mier).

Due to shipping and international laws, I cannot ship this through the air or normal postage. In the US everything will go ground shipping. Overseas it will be sent by ship.

First time sponsor and new miniature company, Impact Miniatures has sent along a nice selection of their niche Fantasy Football line; Ice Troll, Night Elf, Hired Gun Wizard and the Limited Edition Frog with Football.

TBA

Exodus Road Hobbies an online retailer joins us for the first time with $10 coupons for each of the first place winners of the contest categories. The coupons are redeamable through the online store which has a nice selection of items.

Mario from Game Forces magazine is sending along several copies of the first three issues of Game Forces Magazine which just released its third publication on the 15th of May. The magazine is in spanish, but the quality is excellent and there is so many photo references you won\'t need to understand it all. Also, Wyrd has a published interview in issue #3 and a tutorial on Killjoy. Sweet!

Andy from Heresy just couldn\'t resist when he learned there was yet another contest with muscle bound men and thus has signed on for his second Total Testosterone contest support and has sent along three of his classic \'Thrud the Barbarian\'.

Patrick and Vicky join us in supporting the contest for the first time as they have recently entered the market with their own line of miniatures and bases. Patrick is offering his entire line of lovely ladies and bases as prize support!

wish I joined in now, but didn\'t and still don\'t have enough time.

Best of luck to all of you. :D

~R7B

Blog Entries

Whoop!

Originally posted by RedSevenBlue
    wish I joined in now, but didn\'t and still don\'t have enough time.

Best of luck to all of you. :D

~R7B
    I haven\'t even started mine yet! You still have a whole month.

Good Lord! Now them\'s a lot of prizes!

I\'m glad I\'ve started mine now! ;) Not that I dont have enough lead already!!!

Originally posted by Avicenna

I\'m glad I\'ve started mine now! ;) Not that I dont have enough lead already!!!
    We\'ll need all that lead for when the monkeys come.

And they will come.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:D Being a good little \"fangirl\" for Wyrd and reminding everyone, there is still time to get a mini painted for the TT contest...you have until June 18.........!!

look at all the \"goodies\" that will be handed out!! you know you want some! :flip::flip::duh:

Originally posted by supervike
    Originally posted by Avicenna

We\'ll need all that lead for when the monkeys come.

And they will come.
    Good God man, open your eyes. The monkeys are already here, and they grow stonger by the day.

Yes Squiq...you surely can. The only requirement is that it is PAINTED and Based by you...

The rules don\'t say so directly, but this is a snippet from the rules so we can infer from it...

\"The work must be yours alone, no passing off of someone elses work as your own. You CAN submit a miniature that someone else has converted or sculpted for you though - just not painted, based .. etc.\"