pimping someone elses mini

Thread: pimping someone elses mini

Default pimping someone elses mini

this is a mini by \"photographer,\" a first time poster. it is currently rated a 6.4 (after my vote). i think its excellent, but \"unorthadox\" by cmon standards - and under-rated. i thought id see what the forum regulars thought.

I think it\'s very good. It\'s probably the gloss that is hurting the rating. I like it. The gloss looks intentional and it really is under rated. Very interesting style. You can just get lost in that blue. It\'s phenominal.

Ps. Your link goes to the send to a friend page.

thats what i thought!

That mini is gorgeous. Around here, say the word gloss and you\'d think you were calling someones mother ugly. I dont see what the big deal is. Dull can be nice but gloss has it\'s own elegance.

I really like the mini... It\'s a good style painting job... the vote should be 8

It is freaking cool....

Honestly, I don\'t know if people even bother looking at some of the minis they vote on.

I\'ve never seen that mini before, anyone know what it is?

anyway remember that more important that the votes is that you like your mini and you enjoied painting her

@supervike: It says on the mini\'s page that it is:

\"This young lady is one of the new limited-edition range of John Blanche miniatures called “Femme Militants”. Each Militant in the series is modelled by a renowned figure sculptor in 40mm scale and beautifully cast in a soft grey resin.\"

The voting page is:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/121044

Originally posted by emopainterguy
    @supervike: It says on the mini\'s page that it is:

\"This young lady is one of the new limited-edition range of John Blanche miniatures called “Femme Militants”. Each Militant in the series is modelled by a renowned figure sculptor in 40mm scale and beautifully cast in a soft grey resin.\"

The voting page is:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/121044
    doh! I guess I could\'ve figured that out me-self!

Thanks though, and thanks for the linky-poo as I wanted to vote, but couldn\'t be bothered to actually look up the submitters name....lol

what a coincedence...i was just reading some other comments about gloss. That is a nice mini ( I want to see the rest of the range). I dont think you are calling my mother ugly if you say gloss finish...but...Im not a great fan.

I gloss my Eldars, as a part of the effect of crystal armor... so I understand perfectly.. he is trying to achive the latex feel, and it works perfectly! Wonderful texture work on that mini. I would have made her hair another colour, or a bit darker than the body, it seems to blend a bit too much into her head.

But it\'s awesome...

Originally posted by M. A. CORSO
    anyway remember that more important that the votes is that you like your mini and you enjoied painting her
    Just saw this, and would have to say that is about the best comment I\'ve heard ! :)

You did the right thing here funny, this one deserves being pimped ;)

Some people vote with a carrot up their...
    \" Too.. different.. brain.. hurt... must... BRICKS!.... BRICKS!\"

Im off counter-sniping^^

i think this is an excellent and effective use of gloss.

i must say i think the figure itself is f\'ugly though. :\\