WIP V
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP V

Default WIP V

Seeing as the last WIP had reached 30 pages and there were no questions outstanding. I\'m taking the opportunity to close the old one and start a fresh thread.

Looking forward to all the Work In Progress going on.

:)

Thanks Mike, I was wondering when the next WIP forum would begin. I think I\'ll have to put something in here later.

brilliant ive just started a mini in between revision and work

Here\'s a mini Im working on for a tutorial for TMP.
    Gorram that\'s shiney.;)

Well I hope it will be when Im finished.lol

Aye mate this is shaney as ;) armor could be. Hu-h I would say , simple but effective.
    Nice \'un Klute!

thats very effective armour klute really cool so far

@tidoco2222: I\'ve been away this last weekend, hence the slight delay.

@Klute: Looking good Mark, that Libby figure has always had a \"Low gravity Lope\" look to me.

Klute, I like the SENMM it is looking good though I am not keen on the mini.

Here is an update of the Games Day Ork, I am pleased with the look thus far, I have only just started the metals on the bolt pistol so they are just in basecoat/wash stage and have a fair way to go yet. I have added some staining to the bottom of the robe on the back and intend to put the Black Templar Emblem on the back also (kindly donated from a SM that no lnger had any use for it :D).

Hope you like it so far.

@Dragonsreach, it wasn\'t a critique more of something I tohught would be happening some time soon.

have you scratch built the base or is it a resin one

It is a Groundforge base.

@Tidoco2222: S\'ok Tim I didn\'t take it as criticism. :)

heres one of many models in the working on line

@James: is it me or is he moving really fast?!lol

@Tim: Nice Ork skin there!

and yet another slight add on onto the dragyri!

I have started work on ruining the white robe, I have added some blood spatters and also some staining I think I am nearly where I want it to be now, also I have the metal on the bolt pistol almost how I want it to look. I was going for a battered oily type look.

I am thinking of putting this on e-bay and see if someone will give it a home.

@ Tidoco
    Hope you don\'t mind me asking, but you seem pretty good with the metallics. I\'ve got a War Giant on the go, and want the Chain Mail to look dirty, but anything I have done so far makes it look more like shiny brass or bronze which isn\'t good.

What would you suggest?

No problem, I find the best way to weather metals is to use lots of washes. I usually go for a mix of black/dark brown and then heavily thin them down and just keep applying layers until I have the look I am aiming for. Sometimes you have to rehighlight areas but on the whole I find it works well. This was done in a similar way only I used Black/Brown inks with a tiny spot of washing up liquid mixed in and again heavily thinned down.

put some steel wool in a small jar with water.... let it sit out in the sun eventualy (shouldnt take too terribly long) the wool will rust.. simply use that and brush it on (the rust powder not the water)

Marmoset

Excellent work all I will post very early WIP of my GD entry soon... unfortunately I broke the camera and it will be a while yet :(

Happy painting

~Bill