WIP V - Page 21
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP V

I really hope I\'m not monopolizing this thread, however I managed to do some more painting, and since this has to be finished this week, I thought I\'d post new pic and see what ppl think about it. Thanks in advance for your team people :)

Looking great drizzt! The NMM is awesome. Now, I\'m not sure if you\'ve finished these parts or not, but the cloak and the gem on his front need work, and the bottle at his waist. My only concern would be that the clothing is too similar tonally to the armour, but in this case I think the NMM is effective enough to pull it off :] Great work.

@Tim: Looking fantastic! The face is really expressive. Maybe one more highlight on the head to break it up a bit could help, but boy he\'s looking awesome! :D

Keep it up guys :D

~Bill

Originally posted by Penguin
    Looking great drizzt! The NMM is awesome. Now, I\'m not sure if you\'ve finished these parts or not, but the cloak and the gem on his front need work, and the bottle at his waist. My only concern would be that the clothing is too similar tonally to the armour, but in this case I think the NMM is effective enough to pull it off :] Great work.
    The bottle is still untouched. I\'d really like to see some suggestions on what to correct on the cloak, I think it turned too yellowish... I\'ll also try to improve the gem.
    Thanks tons Bill!

No problem mate :) For the cloak, I would try glazing it with blood red, rehighlighting with pure white, then glazing with red again. Check out this link for some awesome Marco Colombos. Lots of different techniques. Keep it up ^ ^

Hi all!

I\'ve been working on this fellow the last couple of days. I haven\'t had a good a idea the past weeks, then i thought: \"how would an ogre look like with a sword on a stick...\"
    well this is how it looks like :D :

The greenstuf is a bit rough on the photo, but that will be fixed when its fully cured. On the last pic, the milluput on the sword looks a bit messy, but that\'s the photo. Because milliput, if it isn\'t cured, dissolves in water so that white you see is just some dried milluputwater (sorry for my crappy English):P. When painted it\'ll leave no trace.

So, fire away! :)

Silent scout:

Your english is perfect :) The ogre looks great, very cool idea. Green Stuff on his arm is very good indeed. I think the only dodgy bit is the milliput on his back/shoulder where the arm joins. I have had problems with this part on my ogres too :( Maybe you could fill it in a bit more than blend it onto his back? Great work so far, and his weapon is awesome :cool:

~~~~Bill

Thanks,
    Yes i realised that the arm joint on the back was to hollow, I\'m working on that now by adding some muscles there.
    I also have trouble deciding what i should do with his other arm, i was think of a shield but what sort of shield? Maybe an gut plate converted in a shield...

Silent scout

The first little update:

I\'ve sculpted some muscles on arm joint, but for some reason it looks very rough on the photo in some places. But it hasn\'t cured yet so on the moment i cant do very much about it. There also some milliput on his back, noticed that when i looked at the picture. That will be removed.

I\'ve also sculpted a Ying Yang on his gut plate, ogre style :cool:. It\'s not really going to be a samurai ogre or something, but i thought some Asian influence would look cool.

So any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Silent scout

The musculature is looking great. Cool idea with the Yin-Yang, being eaten by the ogre\'s gutplate :D Can\'t wait to see this one finished. Maybe you could give him some tattoos to reinforce the Asian influence?

the ogre is looking great :)

Something is wrong with the muscles... Hard to make out how the surface is, but it looks strange to me...

Default my first mini wips ever

well, ive never posted half finished minis before....seems kind of silly. ive been working on this one for sooo long though that ive lost perspective. perhaps you might send some feedback my way. this mini goes with the base i am making which can be seen in this thread.

what do you think?

@FM the mini looks a bit busy and it\'s kind of hard to tell what is what. I think it\'s just al together flashy. I\'m not a fan of flashy.
    Jake

Originally posted by angus147258
    @FM the mini looks a bit busy and it\'s kind of hard to tell what is what. I think it\'s just al together flashy. I\'m not a fan of flashy.
    Jake
    it is WAY TO BUSY (it comes out of the blister like this, the only changes i made were to the weapon {scratchbuilt} and the crest {the one it came with was way to bulky} . i will never paint one again. as for flashy - i like it (see my gallery).

Originally posted by angus147258
    Jake
    ***i agree with him, too many colours that dont seem to be working with each other

specifally, the purple/green and blue/yellow, they dont seem to mesh well

then you go from really bright colours(blue, yellow, purpple green) to using a dull grey on the ratskin, which looks good with the rider, but put together with the cold one and problems arise

now that i think about it, i think the problem is just the cold ones colours

Starks

My current...

I\'d love some criticism!

This is my Tau Etheral. I think I\'m going to start a Tau army in this colorscheme

Any comments or criticsm?:):bouncy:

After a few days I started working on the ogre again. Because I needed to get some good grades or else i would fail this school year... But I did it, so I won\'t have to worry about that from now on :D.

But now about the ogre, i started working on the shield, so if someone had a great/original/cool idea on the right arm... he is too late now :P.

The shield is scratchbuilt from greenstuf, some plastic, and a mix between greenstuff and milliput.
    The Milliput-gs mix are going to be metal straps, with rivets on them, to hold the planks.
    At first I wanted to make metal around the shield, but that was kinda like and mission impossible :D.

What do you guys think?

@avalorionas, looks very good. The skin could use 1 highlight more i think. ;)

Silent scout