WIP V - Page 3
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP V

lol what a luck then that your nmm skills sucks lol lol lol

ps i\'ve added you to my contact list on msn messenger (urashimasempai°msn_com) but you are always offline :(

Hi there, just found that thread. Still rusty, I am working on a High Elf Repeater Bolt Thrower (5th Edition), and right now on the first of two crewmen.
    Tell me what you think of him, all comments encouraged :)

@Drizzt: I love your white:D

@Tony: Man that\'s wicked! I\'ll get the special \'clicks on ten only\' mouse ready for that one ;)

Originally posted by Tony Manero
    lol what a luck then that your nmm skills sucks lol lol lol

ps i\'ve added you to my contact list on msn messenger (urashimasempai°msn_com) but you are always offline :(

I had noticed that you had added me, I am not always off line, I just don\'t get alot of time to talk on msn next time I\'m on the same time as you i will be sure to message you.

@Tony: no need to comment on your WIP, the blending is really fantastic.

@all: thanks for comments so far, I hope more come and help me make it better (or maybe even finish it eventually :p)

@Tony: thats looking awesome!

@Tony I\'ve been staring at my clone for weeks now and trying to decide NMM or Metal\'s.....I just love the look of yours ..stunning but I too am curious about trying it with metals....Yup that\'s what I\'m gonna do decision made just need to clear a couple of projects and the work will begin..Keep your eyes out..

Default Slaanesh Dreadnought WIP

Finally got enough work done to warrant asking for some feedback. A lot of this is very new to me so here goes:

The detail on the legs and the torso, including the flesh, are the current updates.

I added swirls to the body and leg armor - including inside the white on the leg accents. This will all get weathered when I start in on that.

Did most of the work on the mouth and flesh - only detailing to do at this point.

Would love feedback on the swirl effect before I apply it to the arms. The legs are clearest in the photo below.

Thanks again

try doing the freehand a little lighter.
    this will help it stand out a little more as at the moment it makes the dread look a little messy.

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    try doing the freehand a little lighter.
    this will help it stand out a little more as at the moment it makes the dread look a little messy.
    Lighter as in less of it or lighter as in paint tone?

not the best pictures this time around but got the skin done... just need a couple mor colours (for some cloth) then put em on the base flock the bar paint it to match and clear coat :)

@ misterjustin, lighter in tone.

Default Rackham Orc 1

I\'m going to be redoing most of the Slaanesh Dreadnought so I thought I\'d give myself a fun distraction. This is my first Rackham piece and I think I\'m falling in love.

Now all I need is a decent camera -- this camera always makes my paints look VERY shiny. He is, in fact, not done in gloss. I promise.

As always, feedback is welcome and appreciated.

that orc will look nice when you have finished it mate.

if you live near bolton (uk) let me know and i can show you how to some simple tricks. (some of which dragonsreach showed me)

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    if you live near bolton (uk) let me know and i can show you how to some simple tricks. (some of which dragonsreach showed me)
    I live in the California desert - so it\'d be a bit of a drive, and swim, for me to drop by.

All of this has been a fun stretch for me. I\'ve always done very good 5-6 quality work on commission... and that\'s it. I can turn around a squad of good looking terminators in a couple of hours -- doing things like this is brand spankin\' new for me.

So the tips, tricks, and feedback from CMON have been of incredible value. Thanks again!

Originally posted by misterjustin
    I\'m going to be redoing most of the Slaanesh Dreadnought so I thought I\'d give myself a fun distraction. This is my first Rackham piece and I think I\'m falling in love.

Now all I need is a decent camera -- this camera always makes my paints look VERY shiny. He is, in fact, not done in gloss. I promise.

As always, feedback is welcome and appreciated.

i like the metal on the armour but i\'m so sorry for the skin: i don\'t like it because it passes too harshly from shadows to light, try to blend more your colours and it\'ll be much better

@Tony
    Hows the clone coming along? I piss in my pants every time I see it!

lol today it won a gold in a national contest lol

but he was incomplete ??????????????? still swords missing :o