Haldir and Celeborn

Thread: Haldir and Celeborn

Default Haldir and Celeborn

Hey guys, I just posted a couple of LOTR miniatures that I painted in March for a client.

First up was Celeborn:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/121821

And next was Haldir:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/121820

Hope you like them. They were actually not bad to paint. Usually I find lotr miniatures to be kinda fiddly and annoying. :D

very nice. Love the freehand on the cloak and the shield.

super they are really detailed and eye catching any chance of a shield view please :D

Thanks guys!

I have this shield shot:

Really lovely, nice muted colours..and i agree..too fiddly!

very grim minis! i like them but the pics are way too little!

I have some bigger ones, but the minis start looking like crap lol

*cough*

@Zordana - Blimey, I thought I had a dark style :D. Works well on these though, very atmospheric

Hehe I think that\'s partly due to my poor photography skills. Don\'t tell anyone though. :D

Nice job! You really capture the \'natural\' look. I really like your painting style.

Ah yes, lovely. Never been impressed by the sculpts but your painting brings out the best in them.

great work zordana, and once again - pity about the pink! I love the gold on celeborn, perfect colour. Unusual base also, it\'s interesting.

-sebastian

on the subject of pic sizes how do you make your pictures smaller???mine look really big and so look really manky??

Nice paint jobs on both. Love the free hand did the vote thing.

Are you going to the GD this year. I am thinking of entering and if I do I will go there. Would be good to catch up with some Aussie Cmoners.

Seb: Yeah I know, *shakes a fist* Ill have to paint another and give him a pink sash ;)

TheCadian: I use Photoshop to resize my images. :)

Ogrebane: I\'d love to, unfortunately real life kinda got in the way and I won\'t be able to fly over to Sydney this year. I\'ll have to post my miniatures, ack! :(

RedSevenBlue: The necromancer? Which necromancer?

From a total LOTR fan it is always nice to see very well painted LOTR minis. I am not fond of that Haldir sculpt but the painting is great, I have that Celebron model yet to do and think that yours is very cool, the Gem in the center of the shield is very nicely done. I believe that a darker style suits these minis as LOTR is afterall a dark story and the Elves in particular are described as being the fairest beings on Middle Earth but terrible when angered.