Golgotha by Victor Hardy
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golgotha by Victor Hardy

Default Golgotha by Victor Hardy

http://www.coolminiornot.com/122271

For larger images you can find them at Dragonforge.com

Victor will soon be posting a article on the piece in the articles section.

beautiful work. cant wait for the article.

Not often that a little piece of painted tin can leave me speachless. Even moreso not often I get goosebumps looking at one. Fantastic. Do you have larger pics I would love to study this mini closer up. Too bad it was disqualified but I dont think they should have done that I mean they have deamons saints and Angles all over the place.

Absolutely the best piece of work i have seen (even better than yellow ones mini... all opinions subjective of course) As I said to yellow one I will say to you, If I could vote 11 I would.

There are just not words to say how good that realy is. I am quite honestly lost for words. Brilliant.

Demons and Saints are one thing, but when you take the depicturation of Jesus and clutch him in a fist of a demon.... well... nuff said :P

I\'m not a great beliver in God or Jesus, so I\'m not offended by this at all, but some people could easyly be offended as this brings the RL religion too close, I still don\'t think you should have been disqualified, but then again we don\'t want to see a riot over a mini right ? :D

On the whole mini;

Frikkin ... omg... wtf?! It\'s amazing! I have NEVER seen anything like it... I love it! Best mini.... EVER! 11/10

certainly a very impressive piece of painting; Victors patience and ability is amazing.

However, all art is subjective, and despite the technical quality, I have to admit I find it too busy and over the top for my tastes - there is simply too much freehand on it! Like freehand for freehands sake. It\'s still a 10 though, don\'t get me wrong. But it\'s just my opinion

Originally posted by Orb
    certainly a very impressive piece of painting; Victors patience and ability is amazing.

However, all art is subjective, and despite the technical quality, I have to admit I find it too busy and over the top for my tastes - there is simply too much freehand on it! Like freehand for freehands sake. It\'s still a 10 though, don\'t get me wrong. But it\'s just my opinion
    An opinion I share.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    An opinion I share.
    phew

i\'m sorry but

1: freehands are totally unthemed with GW stuff and so on.

2: yeah a lot of patience to do all that work but it\'s TOO MUCH.

3: i don\'t like christian influence in miniature world.

9 for me. cut the banner and it\'s a 10

9 from me too.

Technically superb but its far too busy. And whats with all the freehand on the wings. It just doesnt work for me. Same as the banner. Out of place on a big demon I think.
    It kinda reminds me of Yellow One\'s work. Difference is he knows where to stop.

I gave it a ten as it is ridiculously good in my eyes, but very far away from being a favourite figure of mine. Impressive none the less.

:o:wow: granny on a pension suck my dog

right that is amazing could possibly be in the top 10 models i think on here

Holy Mother of God!
    Im sure painting something like that can draw to the edge of insanity!

Default i love it

I find it fits perfectly within the mythos of 40K...(if it was fantasy...then I\'d say no)...

although I don\'t like the paint style for his word bearer\'s army that much (the semi cartoony look), it\'s brilliant and I know, sadly, I will never be able to reach such a level (I will keep trying too though :D ).

I think the freehand is what makes it more unique... and I compare it to people who have 100s of tattoos on them. I personally love body art, henna, etc, so my goal for a couple of my forgeworld models was to do freehand all over it if possible....Victor\'s work gives me inspiration and hope that I too can attain this.

His slayer sword space marine was what got me really interested in painting to a high level as well :)

Sanjay

It´s too busy, but technically the best miniature ever. Without doubt.

10+.

Default Golgotha by Victor Hardy

Golgotha by Victor Hardy

Well after two years the first pics of the Golgotha miniature are here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/122271

I cannot thank everyone enough on this forum for them holding back and not publishing photos of my mini so that I could have another chance to compete in a Golden Demon. It says so much about the quality of people in our internet community! I am going to post new unpublished pics on this site (as well as a few others) in the next few days. Thanks again!

I am also working on an extensive article on the symbolism on the figure and the amazing stories about the two competitions I entered the figure in. Of course it will have many detailed shots.

Special thanks to Bruno Grelier, an old school French master, who competed in my category at the UK Golden Demons. After I was disqualified, he gave me his silver trophy in what I think was an incredible act of kindness to someone he never met before. Despite the controversy that surrounded this mini, the people have been fantastic.

Victor Hardy

Impressive freehand and overall amazing work! :) I like the mood it sets and technically it\'s quite good too. I\'ve stared at it for some time, and I agree with Tony, I\'d drop the banner. A mini like this IMHO does not need a banner like that! ;) Not that I mind the religious stuff, but just to keep it from being too much. But that\'s a matter of taste of course (what isn\'t?). All in all, a great effort, hope you continue doing these OTT stuff!

Bruno seems to be a top bloke! :) Left a comment on the model in the other thread. I must say I like all the stories surrounding this miniature, will be nice to hear them from the real source! :D

Great work, absolutely deserved!

Als my respects for Bruno! That must be one of the most admirable actions I have seen in a long while...

That is a fantastic paint job you have done there, or should I say paint career, and \"Bruno\", what a great gesture!
    Cant wait to see some more of your minis!!!