What Camera Do you use?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Camera Do you use??

My main camera is a Canon digital SLR, but I also many other cameras and I read about all types of photography. In other words, I'm not sure this blog to meet the specific needs throughout the world more than he already does, anyway.

Camera: Nikon D80 lens: vfr 18-200 lighting: a very cheap desk-lamp with a PL11W lamp...and it works :-)

Pentax K10D. Usually a Sigma EX 28mm f1.7 macro or my Sigma EX 105mm f2.8 macro. Lights- I'm working on it. Normally just by my Ott light I work with.

Used to have a Nikon D3 / SB900 / Micro-Nikkor Macro lens - 105 mm - f/2.8 / Manfrotto wildlife aluminium Tripod.

Now have a Panasonic GF1 / Manfrotto Carbon Fibre Tripod / Saving up for Macro lens.

The Nikon D3 was amazing, without exaggeration, it was amazing... but it was so bulky with all the glass I had for it that I didn't take it everywhere. I can have the GF1 with me all the time and while my photos aren't as good, it's ready when I need it.

I use eos 450 and 50mm. Camera is not important as lens are responsible for quality of pic.

Quote Originally Posted by mis View Post
    Camera is not important as lens are responsible for quality of pic.
    In which case people would be best advised to pick up a used Canon 1D or D30. It's a commonly held belief and it's a crock!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    In which case people would be best advised to pick up a used Canon 1D or D30. It's a commonly held belief and it's a crock!
    Its only really a half truth in digital. Mostly sound advice carried over from film days. In a studio environment, shooting in raw mode I'd take either of those cameras and an L series lens over a high end modern body with a cheap Chinese knock off lens. Outside of the studio it becomes more complex, but it you're buying a camera from the last generation or two, you're still usually served better spending money on quality lenses than a really high end body. Bodies come and go. Lenses endure. When you go below DSLR's all bets are off.

Nikon D300. I usually use a 50mm prime lens as it gets super sharp pics.

Here's my setup - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN51v9Kj1KM

Iphone 4, easy to use and get decent results. HOWEVER i cant use proper camera's not to the extent of you lot anyway.

A Kodak M763 that my girlfriend gave me.

Cheers!

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

3 or 4 year old (?) Nikon Coolpix 5400. And a remote shutter release(invaluable IMO, for me anyways) I may not get incredible results from it, but I don't think they look half bad.

Nikon D5000 - there is nothing better than a DSLR

Just got a sony a390, now I gotta learn to use it lol

Olympus Pen 1 ....... I just love that camera! :-D

dSLR is cool, I use old Canon 300d and it does great. though i've seen many people do magnificent photos using normal 'tourist' camera. I don't think there is much difference as for making photos of minis..

I have a Canon 7D with a Sigma 1.4 50mm lens and a Tokina 2.8 11-16mm. Not exactly the perfect lenses for mini photography, I mostly chose them because they are excellent for video as well as still photography, but do fine. Still don't own a tripod though. It's on the list!

I am with you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by papatroll View Post
    Olympus Pen 1 ....... I just love that camera! :-D

I am using the Kodak Easy Share 12.2 megapixel with a 3x optical lens. While it is not the greatest camera it gets the job done. I also use Photoshop to edit my pictures when needed but by paying attention to the details of the picture it has proved adequate for my needs.
    Last edited by SpearMint; 10-18-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    I keep all of my minis and other gear in a toy chest and use it when I do trade shows.

Thumbs up what kind of camera do you ues ?

I'm planning to buy a canno after i have searched many materials and it seems work well.

I use a Canon 7D w/ a Canon 100 mm macro lens and a Manfrotto 055MF3 tripod w/ a 322RC2 "joystick" ball head ... the 322RC2 definitely makes it very easy to compose shots because it's so easy to manipulate the camera position.

jim