What Camera Do you use?? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What Camera Do you use??

Newbie, please be gentle marcopreto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squidders View Post
    Top photo is the SLR?
    Correct (I just hope you didn't cheat checking the file name)! But my point is that the difference is not to big (the P&S that I've used for that photo is almost prehistoric; 2002 IIRC).

Cheers

Marco Preto

Newbie, please be gentle aelance's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My trusty iPhone 4 camera..... lol...
    Check out my blog at 40kdom.blogspot.com!

Warhammer 40k Painting, Modelling, Scratchbuilds, Tutorials and more

Quote Originally Posted by marcopreto View Post
    Correct (I just hope you didn't cheat checking the file name)! But my point is that the difference is not to big (the P&S that I've used for that photo is almost prehistoric; 2002 IIRC).

Cheers

Marco Preto
    I didn't look at the file names but the top photo has significantly more washed out colours and the text is handled badly. Overall, both photos are very sharp and better than the vast majority of uploaded photos though.

Newbie, please be gentle marcopreto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squidders View Post
    I didn't look at the file names but the top photo has significantly more washed out colours and the text is handled badly. Overall, both photos are very sharp and better than the vast majority of uploaded photos though.
    Thank you!

Of course you can get better results with the DSLR easily.
    In my humble opinion, if you only want to do some photos of your minis to share them online, chances are that the camera that you already own might be good enough for it!

Cheers

Marco Preto

I stick to my Digital SLR Cameras. Easy work for me especially in editing and getting the right angle for my photos.

Cannon power shot A3100IS and an iphone 4s One of these days i'm going to have to have a sit and read through the photography forums...

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Nikon D5100 with a 50mm 1.4f for completed paintings and a IPhone 4S for everything else.
    Damn this digital cameras are good compared with my first one in -96.. =)

Been using an EOS 600D for a little while now, and recently started using a cheapo 50mm prime and a pair of diffused remote flashes. Picture quality has dramatically improved but now I want to re-shoot all my crappy old pics!

I am really not a photo geek. I use a Nikon Coolpix AW100 but until my painting improves a lot the camera will not be the limiting factor.

Canon T3i Rebel , with various lens. Have been using this camera for about 2 years, like if fine enough.

Canon 7D is my main camera body. Variety of lenses, but I'm finding for mini photography I'm either using my 15-85mm or 100mm macro, with an external flash.

SoulBringer

Hi,
    I use a Nikon D300 with a Nikon 18-200 and a Nikon 105mm for the macro.
    Cheers

to photograph art and miniature art, I use Nikon coolpix P250 on museum setting outside in natural daylight.
    Art in all its forms.. http://heatherannepope.com

I've recently been using a Sony a6000, but prior to that I had a Canon Rebel XTi. Both very solid cameras!

Blog Entries

Brownie Flash 3, err, maybe not that one

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Canon 5D Mk.II + 100/2.8L Macro + LED ring flash/light.

I use my iPhone 5S for most quick WIP shots and my Nikon D3100 with the kit lens. I want a new lens but I don't feel like spending the money for one.

I use Canon EOS 600D, 50mm EF macro lens.
    Photo table and 2 daylight bulbs, sometimes 3, too.
    software: Gimp

yes the cannon eos 6d it's how we take all our photos and a light box with 3/4 LIGHTS ON THE RIGHT A HIGH POWERED BUTTON THE RIGHT AND A DAYLIGHT BULB ON THE FRONT RIGHT . THE IMAGES HAVE BEEN CLEARED BY WHITE DWARF so I know their excellent quality. I wouldn't part with it for anything we keep the aperture at 22 and it's an amazing camera.