SNIPERS, GOD BLESS EM ALL !!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNIPERS, GOD BLESS EM ALL !!!!!

Default SNIPERS, GOD BLESS EM ALL !!!!!

BLess em all! Bless em all! Bless em all, The long & the short & the tall , Bless all the snipers & their blooming sons, Bless all their minis & their blooming guns, So its back to the workbench I crawl ,as from the top 10 I do fall , You ll get no devotion fom any side of the ocean, So come on my lads BLESS EM ALL ! :D lol :moon: And now for a something completely different..........:P My dear Sniping friend(s), thankyou for targetting my top 6 minis for the last 5 weeks. Its been nothing but entertaining to watch & predict what you are going to do next. I look forward to every Tuesday now with renewed excitement.But I feel I need to share a few thoughts with you(,forgive my openess & honesty here ) I an 45 years old ,married with 3 darling daughters , I have lept out of planes & run into burning buildings. I have seen the unpleasant side of life & death . In the world of Military Modelling I am a World Master. I say all this with as much humility as you can muster thru a key pad & mention it only to make you aware that your pettiness is the last thing in the world that is going to cause me to loose sleep or get high blood pressure over. I am also completely aware that the rating of artists on this site is not a true reflection of who the BEST are. Let me illustrate. I was at the Montrouge( Paris ) figure show, I saw first hand the work of Cyril Abati & Thomas Barse ( both of whom are brilliant painters & sculptors ). These guys are BRILLIANT ! They are currently behind me on the top 50 ,that is totally wrong they should be way above me . The point is this anybody ( myself included ) who gets their Knickers in a twist over this whole little world we have going on in CMON seriously needs to get out more :). Snipe away if you like, at least if your targetting me your giving some one else a rest, but you really are wasting your time on such activities. Because the heart of this site to me is about making friends & encouraging people, people I share a common vision with regardless of gender or nationality, sorry if that sounds a bit twee but your silly sniping can no way affect those more meaningful aspects of my CMON life. GOD bless you , I will continue to pray for your well being , Adie \"VINCENTI \" Bay ..... ...... P.S. ( thought this might promote some discussion , see how bolshy getting an extra star can make you ! I am now a MEMBER ! ) lol :D :bouncy:

Hear hear Adie :D Well said. A good point well made. Aye.

Very zen of you not to be pissed off.
    If it was for me I would be spitting hell, flames and napalm on those snipers.

Happy \"membership\"
    And keep those morons(can I say this word here?) occupied, so others can live peacefullylollol

Hey Adie; do me a favor; Break up your text into managable chunks mate. :D

I\'m not alone in finding it difficult to read.

Nice take on the numptiesthough, another one in the crosshairs.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Adie, well said. If all of us had your attitude, the snipers would lose all sense of fun in their tasks.

As to the snipers - snipe away. My minis are all destined to the game table where they will end up abused and chipped and bent, but will provide hours and hours of pleasure to me and my friends and opponents.

I enjoy painting them to the best of my ability, but realize that I am not going to make a living selling minis painted by me.

There are a few here who do make their living (or a major supplement to their income) by selling painted minis To those people, I have a great amount of respect. That is entrepreneurship in its purest form. Ratings mater somewhat more to that group, but ultimately, if you are in the caliber to be there, everyone already knows it.

Default I wish I was good enough to get sniped

In fact, I think my scores were slightly inflated, but they are now leveling off to more acurate numbers. Isn\'t there a word for that? When you get your first fifty it\'s an un-realistic number because most of those voters will be people you know?

Adie, at least bask in the glory of being great enough to be sniper-worthy. ;)

I knew threre was a reason I liked this guy..Adie I will make sure I buy you a drink or two while Im over:D

As for the snipers.. children will be children.

But to truely know who it is..watch as painters pass you and when the sniping stops.. welllll your guess is as good as mione who it just might be lol

I am relatively sure Dr. Seuss wrote that first bit....

lollollol

The scores on this site do definately need to be taken with a grain of salt...or possibly the entire salt shaker.

Rely on the comments more for what is the \'true\' reflection of your work.

Very good! I\'m honoured to be in the same forum with you and with all the other people that dont mind to get sniped because there\'s more important things in life :)

Well put Adrian.

I know some people aren\'t too fussed about this but its so obvious that some morons/cheats like to mess up top quality figures & promote their own agenda!

Neil

Blog Entries

I would like to thank a sniper as well.

For a long time I was looking at my list of minis on CMON and it was my group of painted furnature that had the highest score. (5.9 to be exact.) I thought my 54 mm nude would surely become my #1. Alas it didn\'t. I thought my diorama that I made for a contest would become my #1, but it only made it as high as 5.9. I was resigned. So I made a T shirt. I figure I would wear it to GenCon and have a laugh. Then suddenly, and without warning, my diorama hit 6.0. What should I do? Should I never wear my T Shirt because it was no longer true? Oh the agony.

Fortunately a sniper brought the piece back down to 5.9. Thank you sniper!

(On the T shirt I constantly think that dark brown patch on the cloth I laid the furnature on is a stain.) ;)

Good to see you\'re sticking around. I am always disappointed when someone picks up their marbles and goes home because of sniping.

Blog Entries

Whoever is doing all the sniping has a lot of time on their hands. I can\'t even find time to post new minis or vote on others. BTW I think you\'re a great painter.

Default The eternal CMON debate..

Posting a mini on here is somewhat akin to puting yourself in stocks in your local town square. All your mates will come up and talk to you, 90% of the population will ignore you, half a dozen fellow masochists will praise your endeavours and one complete sod will come along and set your trousers alight.

Unfortunately, you are not posting to a peer review group, just the world in general, so don\'t sweat unfair criticism...;)

Originally posted by vincenti
    BLess em all! Bless em all! Bless em all, The long & the short & the tall , Bless all the snipers & their blooming sons, Bless all their minis & their blooming guns, So its back to the workbench I crawl ,as from the top 10 I do fall , You ll get no devotion fom any side of the ocean, So come on my lads BLESS EM ALL ! :D lol :moon: And now for a something completely different..........:P My dear Sniping friend(s), thankyou for targetting my top 6 minis for the last 5 weeks. Its been nothing but entertaining to watch & predict what you are going to do next. I look forward to every Tuesday now with renewed excitement.
    You\'re very welcome. See you next Tuesday!

p.s I\'ve only been targetting the top 5. Number 6 can **** my *****.

(I dunno, maybe your top 6 have all been targeted. That\'s real sniping dedication there - sniping your back-up too lol )

Snipers are most likely spoiled brats. Yellow One was in the top five or ten for 3 or 4 days and then...BAM! WAP! Sniped mini all over the place! What a shame. that dred is quite awesome.

Originally posted by tzor
    I would like to thank a sniper as well.

For a long time I was looking at my list of minis on CMON and it was my group of painted furnature that had the highest score. (5.9 to be exact.) I thought my 54 mm nude would surely become my #1. Alas it didn\'t. I thought my diorama that I made for a contest would become my #1, but it only made it as high as 5.9. I was resigned. So I made a T shirt. I figure I would wear it to GenCon and have a laugh. Then suddenly, and without warning, my diorama hit 6.0. What should I do? Should I never wear my T Shirt because it was no longer true? Oh the agony.

Fortunately a sniper brought the piece back down to 5.9. Thank you sniper!

(On the T shirt I constantly think that dark brown patch on the cloth I laid the furnature on is a stain.) ;)
    Isn\'t it furniture?:P

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Tzor, wear the shirt, at one time, it was true.
    lol

Love the shirt, hilarious! I commend vincenti for his attitude, it must be very annoying to get consistently sniped, as likely happens to all of the high profile/high scoring painters, and rising above it can\'t be easy. I know even at my more modest level there have been occasions when scores got to me.

Stupidcow

In fact those in the top 50, or even 100 need not feel bothred at all by sniping. Simply it because probably the whole community already know who you are and accepted your works as top-class.

People who get more bothered by snipping are those who are struggling to get pass the 7/8/9 mark. They strive very hard to get on board the train but were denied.

I\'m unsure of the mentallity of those who snipe. If a mini is worth that score, then give it that score it deserves. Just because it looks better then what you can produce and giving it a low score is not gonna make your mini look any better.