Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here it is at last... my first Confrontation mini!

Default Here it is at last... my first Confrontation mini!

Please take a look, vote and tell me what you think. :D

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index.p...&m=All&nm=none

Thankz.

Corbin

I like it alot. Very cool colors scheme. And the base is done well, it would look really cool if it fit into a diorama. I can\'t believe that\'s your first confrontation mini. I was under the impression you\'ve been playing for a while?

Anyways nice going. Can\'t wait to see more. Maybe some Character\'s like Mira?

Very nice, but my advice would be to liven up the red, using orange or even up to yellow highlights, as it\'s looking kinda monochromatic. Some parts also look a little dark to me but those are my only two concerns.. great job!

@Chrispy:

Yes, I must admit mixing white with the red for the hightlights was a mistake, it makes it look a bit washed out :). The dark areas I did on purpose, to create a bit of a blacklining effect. I never really tried it as explicitly as with that mini, but I think it worked out pretty well.

@Corbin:

I\'ve been playing and painting WH40k for about a year now, and did a lot of military modelling before that. I decided to paint some Confrontation minis just for fun. I decided on collecting the Griffon forces first, and when I have enough of them, I might one day try a game of Confrontation :). Don\'t worry, Mira will be a part of my collection in the future :D.

I do like it. The \"dark\" tones do add depth, and I actually happen to like dark minis, when they\'re well done.
    And regarding the red, I wouldn\'t touch it (sorry Chrispy). As it is, it does go well with the overall scheme of the mini.

Good job!

nice job! that\'s about it for my comments :D (wel I kinda agree on the \"liven up the red\" , it\'s a very light-heroic-model, and the you have the dark red.)
    Besides that, niiiiice :D

Thanks Tuubje, I hope I will some day visit Celtic Cross with minis to show off :D

When can I see one of your paintjobs on this site?

Sweet! Love the blue. I don\'t think that the red looks too dark. ( I\'m not really a fan of bright reds on mini\'s anyway...) Otherwise the red might become too dominant (because of it\'s high contrast value with blue...) and I do think that blue is the main colour here?

Originally posted by Corvus
    Thanks Tuubje, I hope I will some day visit Celtic Cross with minis to show off :D

When can I see one of your paintjobs on this site?
    Right here http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse.php?submitter=Tuubje , but like I always say: I love to paint, I\'m just not that good at it. I tend to go for \"tabletop quality\" :)

Originally posted by TuubjeRight here http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse.php?submitter=Tuubje , but like I always say: I love to paint, I\'m just not that good at it. I tend to go for \"tabletop quality\" :)
    OK, sorry, I didn\'t check your account for a while... the only time i have checked there was only one mini, which was scanned very poorly :).

Tuubje, another question, do you think there are Confrontation players at CC that might be interested in buying one of my miniatures, or having me paint a mini for them? I always wanted to sell a mini or do a commission job, but I\'m not very eager to place them on ebay and ship them to foreign countries and other stuff like payment etc... So selling minis to people I can meet makes could be the solution...

for buying them I\'m not sure, but comission work, maybe :) .

Really I actually don\'t know, most people there paint and play, so you\'ll have to ask there :)

Hmmm, I should ask the shopkeeper if he knows someone... anyway I should really visit you guys someday when you are gathered to play.

I\'ve taken a look at your minis and have voted a 6 for both of them. For gaming purposes you really don\'t need more than that, I think you have found a good balance between quality and speed of painting.

2 more of my mini\'s are on the way: a repost for the Giant and an orque crossbowman for my confrontation warband.
    oh, corvus a question, I really like how you blended the armour and I would like to do so on my orques. Could you mail me how to do it, I\'ve read several tutorials, but I just don\'t get it...Do you have to blend while the paint is wet? How many colours do you need? That sort of thing, I prefer dutch :D , or just post a link if you have one, that would be nice too :P

No problem my friend, I will put all the details in a mail (in Dutch!) when I have some time...

wow cool, I really have to put some new pics on here......my old ones suck, but I just wanted to become a member.

Carolus

Corvus, that is one hell of a nicely painted mini! If all your minis will be painted as well as that one, then you will have a smashingly nice visual army :)

Carolus, who will probably face Corvus\'s painted minis one day with his unpaitned ones ;)

Originally posted by Carolus
    Carolus, who will probably face Corvus\'s painted minis one day with his unpaitned ones ;)
    Well, if you ever want me to do a paint job (commission) for you, or buy one of my minis, just let me know :)

Default Nice mini

Great mini Corvus - already put my comments on CMON.

Keep up the good work.....and lets see more! :bouncy:

Default you want more... you get more

Here\'s my new one, a Templier Du Griffon.
    Check it out, vote and comment please :).

http://www.coolminiornot.com/?id=24740

Man, or should I say bird, you ARE improving!