Gen Con Indy---Who\'s going??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen Con Indy---Who\'s going??

Default Gen Con Indy---Who\'s going??

I\'ll be attending GenCon Indy this year---staying at the Omni downtown----

Anyone else going? I wouldn\'t mind meeting folks and shakin\' some hands:D

Kev

Ill be there.. check the \"Paint and Take\" area and \"Painting contest area\" from time to time you will find many painters hanging out there.

Thanks for the reply, Jeff...I was beginning to think I would there by myself.:D

I only know a few painters by face---I\'ll be sure and hunt you down when I get there.

Err...okay...now I can\'t get the Wiggles song out of my mind...\"Where\'s Jeff??\"

--the impact children have on our lives...sigh....???

Originally posted by Rodnik
    Thanks for the reply, Jeff...I was beginning to think I would there by myself.:D

I only know a few painters by face---I\'ll be sure and hunt you down when I get there.

Err...okay...now I can\'t get the Wiggles song out of my mind...\"Where\'s Jeff??\"

--the impact children have on our lives...sigh....???
    umm Right here in Ohio :)

I\'ll be there also, all 4 days helping out in the Wyrd Mini\'s booth. I\'m bringing a bunch of paints and stuff along and largely painting the days away and would enjoy if anyone wants to come by to chat about painting, miniatures...life. :)

I should have at least 1 entry in both the general gencon contest and the PP contest. I had hoped more, but with how busy life has been, I think that\'s all I\'ll get done.

That\'s cool, Eric. I\'ve met Nathan and can pick him out easily enough. I\'ll be sure and drop by the booth.

I\'ve got two entries planned...we\'ll see how it goes. I\'m short of time too.

I\'m bringing brushes/palettes and such---not sure about paints yet, as I\'m flying. Tryin\' to figure out how to get \'em there without dealing with exploding bottles.

Malfoy

Kev,
    I\'ll be there- probably either hanging out with Jeff, teaching a class or drinking at the nearest bar.

I\'m also gonna try and have one entry for each, but Chicago Games Day is so close to GenCon....

I\'m always amazed at the number of great painters that go to GC and teach or otherwise pass on their knowledge. It\'s a good time.

Dave

Kev,
    I\'ll be there- probably either hanging out with Jeff, teaching a class or drinking at the nearest bar.
    Sounds like you and I have a similar plan...:D

Suprisingly enough, I had never heard of GenCon until about two weeks ago-----
    I spoke with Sue a bit about possibly teaching some next year-----if this trip turns out okay, I\'m gonna make it part of my regular \"con circuit\" I think. It sure sounds like loads of fun.

Hey guys,
    I haven\'t been that active on CMoN lately, but I will be there too... I need to start getting back into mini-painting again and Gen Con is just the thing to get me started. I\'ll also be in the Paint N Take area, shouting out names or bos^H^H^H leading the minions...
    --Katie G.

Does anyone know where to find the rules for the painting competition? Thanks.

Originally posted by LavronYor
    Does anyone know where to find the rules for the painting competition? Thanks.
    There\'s a thread further down in this forum called Gen Con Painting Competition 2006 that has a link to the rules. Enjoy.
    --Katie G.

Hello,

Looks like I\'ll be able to make it on Saturday. Can\'t wait! I\'m only going to be able to enter in the PP contest as it starts and ends on Sat. I\'m going to be getting in to town at around 3:00 a.m. so if anyone is still up let me know. I\'m also looking for a place to stash my bags for the day, anyone have any ideas? (a large duffle and some other odds and ends)

- Q

I probably will be attending since I do have family in Indiana so woo!

Silax Out

As Eric said above, we\'ll be there in a booth with our stock in snazzy new packaging, new caster (yaaaaay) made miniatures, and if I can manage it, I\'m going to fit Eric into the chainmail bikini to booth babe for us.

Originally posted by Frustrated Father
    As Eric said above, we\'ll be there in a booth with our stock in snazzy new packaging, new caster (yaaaaay) made miniatures, and if I can manage it, I\'m going to fit Eric into the chainmail bikini to booth babe for us.
    Oooh, now that might be worth seeing, for the comedy value if nothing else :D Now if I can only get away from the Paint N Take, classes and poker long enough to make it to the booth...

Hello everybody.

I personally won\'t be there (Canada is a long ways away) but I know that quite a few of the Dark Age team will be there. They have a bunch of events planned including demos, a tournament and will have an exhibition booth as well...I believe it\'s 611.

I will be there, and if it helps, I look just like the total goober with AlexiZ in the photos from Chicago GamesDay 2006.

Can\'t wait to meet some of you.

Malfoy
    posted on 6-28-2006 at 09:09 PM
    Kev,

I\'m also gonna try and have one entry for each, but Chicago Games Day is so close to GenCon....

I\'m always amazed at the number of great painters that go to GC and teach or otherwise pass on their knowledge. It\'s a good time.

Dave

For the past two years I have taken classes and enjoyed the paint and take. This year I have committed to volunteering my help at PnT. So I will be the big guy that really doesn\'t have any painting skills to speak of with Jimbo on his name tag helping out at PnT.

Blog Entries

I will be attending. :D Currently I only have officially scheduled a number of Mayfair train games and painting casses. Hopefully you will spot me with a shirt I made for the occasion that promotes CMON and my strange status witin it.

Just make sure you spell FURNITURE correctly....lol;):cool: