ELdar /Nid Diorama
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ELdar /Nid Diorama

Default ELdar /Nid Diorama

hi folks been very busy but i managed to do part of a diorama for a comission im working on...

heres a teaser...

its a eldar beacon contaminated with a nid plant called centinide... much better and detailed pictures on http://buglands.moonfruit.com/
    go to commission work page.

now with terrain done im going to add a mutated nid warrior and a special eldar...

Wow, Nav, thats really looking superb:D

oohmy.... :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Blog Entries

Holy ..! Nice, is the base there just chunks of cork?

thanks guys:)

Brown stuff is indeed cork but white is plasticard... first time to use plasticard and i will never forget how frustating is to cut&shape and make hexagonal texture in such thick sheet:|~ But its finished:D

Oh and green bits are greenstuff... black base its cd plastic box and for nid plants internal structure i used fimo since its much more cheap than full GS

excellent! keep us posted

Great work, the detail is incredible

Nice start. Can\'t wait for the paint-job.

edited: Cool looking site too. ;)

SoulFire here dude. ;)

Plasticard is easy to use when you get the hang of it. That and a very sharp blade are essential. :)

There\'s probably some plasticard with that texture already, but as usual it\'s hard to get around here.

And as I already said, good work! :beer:

Awesome ! Your really talented... your client must be very very happy :D

Great job! Can\'t wait to see the minis :D

so far client feedback his positive:) initaly this was only to be little display base for minis but then evolved to a diorama

glad to see you here soulfire... yeah plasticard its hard to get here but nothing that a screwdriver and lots of scratching cant solve...

Soon nid warrior.:beer: thanks guys.:cool:

Hey, it\'s Navarro! :D Nice to see you back here, and nice to see your work too of course :) Truly awesome. You are a really talented sculptor!

woww navarro very impresive work.

gorgeous.......A lot more how I envision eldar structures than the simpler ones we usually see....looking forward to seeing more

thanks folks:beer:

@demonherald i agree eldar stuff from GW always looked not ornamented so not really reflecting eldar sensibility or style, i have always imagined a mix of nouveau art with hitec eldar structures for them and im glad i had the oportunity to sculpt something in those lines.

Cool - I like those \'Nid plants - are they anything like the huge stabby plants from the original half life...?

(The level with the rocket engine)

Originally posted by DaN
    Cool - I like those \'Nid plants - are they anything like the huge stabby plants from the original half life...?

(The level with the rocket engine)

I took ideas after i saw a video of a giant centipede eating a rat... blended it with forgeworld capilary towers concepts and the centinide plant was born
    :D