tidoco\'s WIP\'s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tidoco\'s WIP\'s

Default tidoco\'s WIP\'s

I tohught that seeing how one or two other members have their own WIP thread now that I would follow suit. I had a mare with my last project Varghar and that has now been consigned to the bin, so I have started this chap

GW\'s High Elf hero, I wanted to go away from the usual white and blue for elves and so went for a yellow undergarment, also as usual true metals on this one. Having seen Darren Latham\'s version in nmm, there is no way I am going to try it myself as it would be very inferior indeed. Hopefully I\'ll get another WIP up tomorrow of the progression.

The colour choices seem really great Tim. As for the metals, there is no need to comment, they\'ll turn out perfect as usual. Keep posting!

amazing metals as always my friend ^^

Thanks for the replies guys, as promised here is an update to the Elf,

It is progressing well now, I haven\'t decided on a colour for the inside of the cloak yet but I am sure something will click into place soon.

Great job as usual Tim....

love to watch the progress.

This is a very nice mini for you to work on. Nice.

I love the purple and the yellow, they play off each outher very nicely. Love the metal\'s as well. :D

Really nice so far, great colours, and the technique is superb, I\'m very interested in what colour you use now for the cloak, as I think that will make or break this one, But that yellow and purple really work together so far, good luck:D

Looking good, planning on doing any freehand on the shield?

Thanks guys, yes there will be freehand on the shield, I haven\'t decided on a design yet but I will be attempting something. The inside of the cloak I have done grey, I have added a freehand edge as well in black I was going to colour it but I might leave it as the black realy stands out well against it. I have work tomorrow but hopefully I can post something on Sunday.

tidico

how do you paint your metallics all of mine look manky

james

It looks like boltgun metal highlighted with mithril silver, Citadel inks

Yes the metal is indeed Boltgun Metal, then I used Chainmail Boltgun 50/50 mix, then Chainmail and then Mithril Silver. I then washed the recesses with thinned down Chaos Black paint to redo the shadows.
    Well despite the temparatures I have managed to get some more done to the Elf I have got to a stage now where I need to paint the cloak, the question is what colour and that is now my sticking point and threatens to slow this to a standstill.

any thoughts?

Looking good, Tim

Quality metal painting, as always.

One thing; you can\'t beat a good upturned 35mm film cannister.....well that what it looks like...

very nice you are the master of metallics:D

james

Looking reat Tim hope it turns out well ;)

awesome as allways Tim, but the sword handle looks a little black on some places, but as this is still a WIP, it should be perfect when you finish this.

Purple for the cloak would make a nice contrast, but would still fit with it

How are you going to do the base?

Niels