Who is next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is next?

Default Who is next?

So, which WFB army gets the next \'new\' treatment? Have they all been essentially redone since Edition 5 now?

Where are the Chaos Dwarves wawa

It\'s orc and goblins. They\'re already showing off the army book online. Some of the new models are really nice too. The new boars are HUGE. I like \'em. Don\'t ask for pics though, I can\'t remember where I saw them...

So its come full circle then? Didn\'t Edition 6 start with the revamping of the Empire and The Orcs?

Yep, exactly, full circle.

However, in 6th it was the Empire that was released first, then Orcs. This time it\'s Orcs then Empire. Also, the dwarfs already have their new book, even though the last one came out after Orcs and Empire in 6th.

Supposedly the new O&G Wyvern is one of the best GW have made in ages. No sightings yet though, so we\'ll have to wait and see

Cheers

Matt

Yup. all signs definitely point to it being orcs next. which would follow closely with what happened when the 40k rules were revamped with tyrannids and spacemarines being redone.

of course, wild speculation abounds about what the next book to undergo the redo will be. Current rumours are that it has humans, so most likely empire, especially considering that the book has not been redone since the last edition change.

I hope the new wyvern is good, the current one is a little lack luster (the main reason I don\'t include one in my army actually). I\'m surprised that the Dark Elves have seen so little love from GW lately... They deserve a couple new models and some rule updates more than anyone else (except maybe Chaos Dwarves...).

Dark elves kind of got a mini update a while back with a lot of the rules, points costs and stuff being changed. I think the changes are available on GW in a FAQ or errata. I\'ll have a look

eidt: Found them. Look Here

Definitely Empire & the Wyvern is awesome! You can actually rank up the thing in a unit! But I wasn\'t allowed to take any pics :flame:

Neil

Originally posted by Neil H
    Definitely Empire & the Wyvern is awesome! You can actually rank up the thing in a unit! But I wasn\'t allowed to take any pics :flame:

Neil
    aww, i wanna se it!

agree Neil the Wyvern is sweet.
    getting shown at GD I believe so there\'s bound to be some pics around..

Ranking up ha ha

\"AAAAAAAAGGGH Look out Si.......Never mind\"

I heard from my local GW manager that it\'s gonna be orks, emipre, then one of elfies to be redone. *shrug emote* whatever that is?!?

NurglePainter

OK guys its obviously Orcs (out now) and next Empire (frilly sleeves and all), and I have a buddy who works at a shop that tells me the Beastmen blisters and boxes are all being discontinued in November. Which is what they did with the Orcs and Empire...new Beasties for Easter perhaps?
    BTW I have seen the Orc book and its nice. Big uns for each type of unit not just one per army, no need for \"ordinary\" boyz of the same # for Big \'unz, choppas count as hand weapon in ALL respects (+1 Att for two, etc.) and if on foot get +1 strength in 1st round of CC regardless of charger, new magic, annimosity is 1-squabble 2-5 fine 6- we\'ll show em (D6 inches forward),and the ever popular WAAAAAAGH! units subject to annimosity add rank bonus and #of bosses in unit to annimosity also General and Black Orcs always count as rolling a 6.
    Downside Boarboyz went up a lot in points. A fully kitted out savage Orc Big un Boarboy is 32pts!!! Chaos Knight range with 4+ save!

Originally posted by NurglePainter
    OK guys its obviously Orcs (out now) and next Empire (frilly sleeves and all), and I have a buddy who works at a shop that tells me the Beastmen blisters and boxes are all being discontinued in November. Which is what they did with the Orcs and Empire...new Beasties for Easter perhaps?

BTW I have seen the Orc book and its nice. Big uns for each type of unit not just one per army, no need for \"ordinary\" boyz of the same # for Big \'unz, choppas count as hand weapon in ALL respects (+1 Att for two, etc.) and if on foot get +1 strength in 1st round of CC regardless of charger, new magic, annimosity is 1-squabble 2-5 fine 6- we\'ll show em (D6 inches forward),and the ever popular WAAAAAAGH! units subject to annimosity add rank bonus and #of bosses in unit to annimosity also General and Black Orcs always count as rolling a 6.
    Downside Boarboyz went up a lot in points. A fully kitted out savage Orc Big un Boarboy is 32pts!!! Chaos Knight range with 4+ save!
    Got a peek to: Imagine:

20 big unz 5 per rank: Thats 11 attacks at WS4 S 5 On the first turn! (With Boss)

Thats TASTY!

So I take it that empire is next. So then who is after that. Is it High elves?

empire dec/jan
    vampire counts
    darkelves or lizardmen

At least thats what is says over on warseer

Default i know what the next army\'s are

i used to work at GW i just left in late augast. from what my metro manager told me was that after empire there coming out with a whole new race never before seen. there going to announce it in january i believe empire should be out before january

I hope the empire flagellants don\'t take another demotion the way they have done in the previous editions, otherwise they\'ll have all the hitting power of a girl scout troop armed with wet noodles.