DrEvilmonki GD WIP

Thread: DrEvilmonki GD WIP

Default DrEvilmonki GD WIP

Here is the base for the Chaos Lord I am doing for the Aussie GD.

Will put up pics of the lord soon.

Looking good so far DrEvilmonki, keep up the good work, and posts,,...........and good luck at Aussie GD:D

Hmmm........ Yet more competition. Are you going to the GD if you make the finals?? If so I hope to see you there. I like what youve done makes me think I should post some wips as well.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Ogrebane
    Hmmm........ Yet more competition. Are you going to the GD if you make the finals?? If so I hope to see you there. I like what youve done makes me think I should post some wips as well.

Good luck.
    I doubt that I will be able to go, money to tight to mention!:rolleyes: (just got my first mortgage).
    Next year I will be sitting a bit more pretty and am making plans to be there.

very nice whats the concrete like substance??

james

the base is looking good so far - I like the rust and green oxidation on the cog. Maybe some brighter highlights on the rubble though?

I jsut said this to an australian in another thread on CMON: I\'m sure you probably know this, but if you use a 40mm base, you will have to enter this guy in the 40k large category...I hope he\'s big! haha I\'m looking forward to seeing him though!

Originally posted by Thecadian
    very nice whats the concrete like substance??

james
    This is a couple of pieces from the urban basing kit. I have built up the mound with modelling clay which I textured with a wire flail and a stiff brush. The larger rocks are the bigger slate and I used a bit of the smaller grade slate for a bit of debris.

Originally posted by automaton
    the base is looking good so far - I like the rust and green oxidation on the cog. Maybe some brighter highlights on the rubble though?

I jsut said this to an australian in another thread on CMON: I\'m sure you probably know this, but if you use a 40mm base, you will have to enter this guy in the 40k large category...I hope he\'s big! haha I\'m looking forward to seeing him though!
    Interesting, last year Terminators counted as Single figure. Oh well no real issue for me, I\'m just going to enter the 1 guy anyway so doesn\'t matter what catergory he goes under.

So hold on up a minute, if you put some thing on a 40mm base, even though he\'s not a monster, you cant put him in the Single Mini one?

that\'s right; but we\'re talking about the australian GD, where we have more restrictive basing rules (unfortunately!).

Originally posted by automaton
    that\'s right; but we\'re talking about the australian GD, where we have more restrictive basing rules (unfortunately!).
    Same thing for the Italian GD:

single miniature on a monster base --> monster category (or Open)
    monster on a single miniature base --> monster category (or Open)

If you put your miniature on a display base and you cannot remove the miniature with her game base --> Open category

Ok then just getting togeather the main components for my chaos lord and starting the rough work.
    So far this consists of
    Body from close assult terminator
    Right upper arm close assult termi.
    Left upper arm close assult termi
    Right forarm from chaos marine lord
    Left forarm from chaos terminator (old school)
    Head from plastic beastman.

Looks like a great combination sof bits. I especially like your choice of heads. I\'m really looking forward to seeing the final product.